GOG Deals Thread

If anyone wants to trade any codes, I have two for GOG

system shock 2 (normally $9.99)

chronicles of riddick: assault on dark athena (normally $14.99)

Last edited by a moderator:
The Commandos games run better from GOG. The Steam versions are a bit glitchy and the first was unplayable for me. They may have updated but like 2 years ago most of those ran like crap. One of the games I recommend getting on GOG over the Steam version.

Also color me unenthused for this sale. Some not so amazing prices....and have quite an old game collection already, so mainly just need Star Wars games and probably some Lucasarts games I'm missing.

Picked up all 4 commandos games for 3.19. Really like the new GOG galaxy beta interface, easier to use than steam.
As much as I love the idea of DRM-FREE games and whatnot - GOG Galaxy is not even close to being on Steam's level. There's no big picture mode; no screenshot taking in the client; community is nowhere on Steam's level; game back-ups and updating can still be a pain-in-the-neck; and I could go on and on - but, I'll just stop here.

Hell, GOG Galaxy ain't even on Origin's level or UPlay's level, for crying out loud.

vVBM5B9.gif

pun spelled backwards is GOG...coincidence?  I THINK NOT!!!

Just put the Forgotten Realms sets on sale and we'll call it good..kthx.

As much as I love the idea of DRM-FREE games and whatnot - GOG Galaxy is not even close to being on Steam's level. There's no big picture mode; no screenshot taking in the client; community is nowhere on Steam's level; game back-ups and updating can still be a pain-in-the-neck; and I could go on and on - but, I'll just stop here.

Hell, GOG Galaxy ain't even on Origin's level or UPlay's level, for crying out loud.
All I'm saying is the galaxy install and play is simple to use and navigate

community is nowhere on Steam's level
This is what's important. We go where our friends/contacts go. We stop logging in when we don't see anyone on it just like with the IM programs etc. Steam just happened to be first to the market and grab people first.

It helps also when most of your stuffs are already there. It's just not a fair contest - the rest will just never catch-up until games stop offering steam keys altogether or significantly cheaper elsewhere and/or they add games/account migration between the services.

EDIT - As Palinn pointed out below, none of these bundles are on sale anymore. So I'm no longer in a position to help any of you for the rest of this sale.

The original content of this post is behind the spoiler. I hid it there to decrease confusion.

The final 48 hours is a recap period.

I own the following bundles.

Might & Magic Series
Ultimate Interplay Collection
Heroes of Might & Magic Pack
Ultimate Ultima Pack
Wing Commander Saga

If anybody needs some help picking up a game or two from one of those bundles at the max discount, I'm your guy. I make this offer because I love you...and I'm $12 $9.50 $8.20 $7.20 $0.12 short of getting Banished for free. It's mostly because I love you though.
I started out 12 dollars away from getting Banished for free, Now I'm only 12 cents away. Close enough to just buy some cheap game from my wishlist if I need to. But if anybody else needs help getting something from one of these bundles, you know who to turn to.

Thanks to FoxyPie, Malkan, Warreni, Palinn & Spoder for helping me to get so close to getting Banished for free.

I started out 12 dollars away from getting Banished for free, Now I'm only 12 cents away. Close enough to just buy some cheap game from my wishlist if I need to. But if anybody else needs help getting something from one of these bundles, you know who to turn to.

Thanks to FoxyPie, Malkan, Warreni, Palinn & Spoder for helping me to get so close to getting Banished for free.
What would everyone say are the must haves from the Interplay bundle? I could certainly add another game from that list to my shelf since I don't have many at the moment.

I was also considering HOMM 2 but do I need that one if I just bought HOMM 3?

Edit: I don't think either bundle is on sale now. Bummer,

Edit: I don't think either bundle is on sale now. Bummer,
I didn't even realize that those bundles had ended until you pointed that out. I saw that the sale was still going on, and i just assumed that they still had the bundles running for the recap. Such a bizarre thing for GOG to do.

Well it looks like I'm no longer in a position to help anyone out. So hopefully everyone who wanted something is all set.

Hmmm...really want the Gold Box Bundle. 50% off....meh

Also interested in Star Trek Bundle...but 3 out of 4 available on Steam (with rumors of other Star Trek games coming to Steam by developer in ST: Academy forum) soooo.......double meh...

I'm sure all y'all give a flying fuck about my opinion....Also GOG white knights...come at me bros!

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: Nope
All the rest of the stuff in that bundle is definitely at a lower price point than it was when I bought it before NN2 got added to GOG. I kinda figured it would take a while, but eventually the NN2 price would drop, too, but now I'm really starting to wonder.

Shady Answer: Yep, if you get it from a Russian. Yeah, Russian gog pricing is a thing..
...interesting.

[quote name="spoderman" post="13052919" timestamp="1448408264"]Shady Answer: Yep, if you get it from a Russian. Yeah, Russian gog pricing is a thing..[/quote]
Want: Russian GOG D&D Gold box bundle.

Have: 2 pigs or 1 ox (sickly) or 1 SU-24 warplane.

Big Winter Sale has begun. Runs through Dec 13.

Unsurprisingly, they're selling $3 mystery boxes which are kinda sorta prioritized to maybe probably not give you something you may or may not already own. Dumb Sale FAQ
Their sale would be more entertaining if you crash landed on the Island of Misfit Toys and narrated the entire 11 days with your wacky hijinx.

Also, tempted by a few things on my Wishlist that are actually over 60% off, kwazy!

Slightly tempted by the Star Wars Blaster Bundle, but I would expect that Steam will get the rest of those it doesn't have relatively soon.

Hrm.

You'll earn free games while making purchases during the Big Winter Sale. You'll receive your free game once you've spent $5 and $50 in total while the sale lasts.
Spend $5 or more to receive: Divine Divinity
Spend $50 or more to receive: Blackguards Special Edition
Yeah sure, I'll spend $50 to get a game that's been bundled to death.

I actually have regional pricing on a few items - Divinity Original Sin is $12.69 for me (the normal price is $18.99.) And that LucasArts pack is pretty tempting, but I need to save money so I'll skip for now.

I was blessed with:

• Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians
Edit:

Also, anybody got the hook up on the Lucasarts Classics bundle?  I need a few of those to wash the taste of Beatbuddy out of my mouth. 

Then the dream of one world, one price is well and truly dead? Cry with me, my Euro-brothers. We don't need to feel bad about being crying men, because we're European and that's what we do.

Hrm.

Yeah sure, I'll spend $50 to get a game that's been bundled to death.
Yeah, I had multiple chances to get the GOG version of Blackguards for free, but passed because I have it on Steam. Banished and Riddick were much better "free" games.

I might grab Gex from this sale. I've been waiting for it to hit steam, but it's been a year since the GOG release and it's still not on Steam yet.. It might be one of those rare cases where a GOG Square Enix game doesn't end up on Steam (like Total Overdose)

does the $50 have to be spent all at once, or can it be over a few different purchases? Theres  a couple cheap games im eyeballing and that star wars and lucas pack are calling my name. But i dont know if i should wait for tomorow to see if more stuff goes up to get it all at once, or if i can grab these now then add on later

was thinking of that $3 bundle but seems most of you are getting the same meh game

bread's done
Back