GOG Deals Thread

I want my $1.50 back.
lIV0wD.gif

I asked GOG for a refund on all 3.
It's one thing to relist them but to then give them away for free? Way to fuck over the panic buyers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Konami games got modern controller support updates:

GOG News - https://www.gog.com/news/konami_games_on_gogcom_receive_a_controller_support_update

GOG Forums on this - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/konami_games_on_gogcom_receive_a_controller_support_update_371df

Playing classic gems is about to get even more enjoyable!

Today 5 KONAMI titles listed below have received an important update regarding their support for modern controllers:

Konami Collector's Series: Castlevania & Contra

METAL GEAR

METAL GEAR SOLID

METAL GEAR SOLID 2 SUBSTANCE

Silent Hill 4: The Room

As of now, these titles will not only enjoy full support for popular modern controllers such as Sony DualSense, Sony DualShock 4, Microsoft Xbox One X/S, and Nintendo Switch Pro but also receive optimized default key bindings and a few smaller fixes regarding the controller compatibility.

Konami has been weird lately, releasing merch and albums and stuff. It's like they're gearing up for actually making a decent comeback to gaming, but they haven't earned the right to that speculation.

The weirdest Konami thing I've encountered is a mobile nonograms game they made. It's free (ad-supported), the ads are entirely unobtrusive, unanimated banners that only show up on the main menu, there are a ton of puzzles, the interface is good, the music is all from their classic titles (and some from Hudson's whose IPs they own), and the puzzles are all inspired by those same IPs. Literally the only problem is that you can't always accurately hit the square you want with your finger on a phone (not much you can do about that) and the puzzles are overly easy. This came out October 2018. That's like fifteen years past when Konami started deliberately making everything they released shit, I really don't understand how this slipped through.

Decided to poke GOG today since their support hasn't contacted me since I first filed for the refund.

They canceled the order and refunded me right away so I was able to reclaim the games from the giveaway.

A happy ending. :bouncy:

Classic STAR TREK games from Activision have joined GOG:

Store Page - https://www.gog.com/news/6_classic_star_trek_games_ready_to_beam_up_new_players_and_fans_alike

GOG Sale Page - https://www.gog.com/partner/startrek

List of what joined GOG:

- Star Trek: Voyager: Elite Force

- Star Trek: Elite Force II

- Star Trek: Bridge Commander

- Star Trek: Starfleet Command III

- Star Trek: Hidden Evil

- Star Trek: Away Team

Coming Soon to GOG:

- Star Trek: Armada

- Star Trek: Armada II
No Final Unity yet….

Gothic series.

Gothic 1 & 2 are easy recommendation and are, at the very least, really good.

Gothic 1 is great and was extremely fresh for its time (one of the 1st RPG's that I've seen w/ full-on voice-acting, NPC schedules, NPC's doing immersive stuff, etc etc - which I think a lot of games like Skyrim took); and Gothic 2 is really good.

Gothic 2 feels like "more of the same", but much-much bigger as a game. I also felt a lot of the problems I had w/ Gothic 1 were less forgivable (i.e. awkward controls, main characters' voice-acting being recycled, etc) b/c they should've advanced things by the time the sequel came out.

I'm probably in the minority here, but I prefer Gothic 1 - I loved the setting of the penal colony within the barrier and its whole premise. Gothic 2 is really good, mind you - but it all really feels like set-up for G3, by the time the game ends (by the end of the base-game). For me, G1's abrupt ending felt more promising & more impactful.

Gothic 3 is good overall, but had a bunch of issues out-the-box, back in the day. It's in WAY better shape, since the Enhanced Edition. Definitely going to want to get that all patched-up. It's also much bigger in size & scope than G1 and G2 - though, some of the questing isn't as choice-laced or decisive-important as previous titles (this feels more Elder Scrolls-like and less Gothic 1-like) and also future titles (i.e. such as Risen series and ELEX).

Advice - make quicksave especially and/or manual saving your friend fast. You can walk in the wrong direction/path and in no time get slaughtered here. These games ain't easy by any means, so use your smarts when moving around. Usually, higher-level enemies make sense in these games and are logical - as they'll often be much bigger and/or much taller than you; like trolls and golems. Trust me, you see one in the distance - QUICKSAVE NOW. And, well...if you're low-level, you might wanna go a different path/direction.

I still have G3: Forsaken Gods backlogged; and Arcania and its expansion backlogged...all which were NOT made by Piranha Bytes (PB).

For me, it's often very easy to recommend PB's games (Gothic 1-3; ELEX; Risen 1-3): they all are good at least and very similar in many ways and sometimes different in others (often the setting is the real difference). It's just, you're goin' to often have to get around some jank, clunkiness, and difficulty to get into their games. Some just seem to have less jank, difficulty, and/or clunkiness compared to others (i.e. this seems to improve more & more w/ each title).

In the long run - I think it's worth trying to get around their minor issues to play their stuff. They're usually at least good and solid.

Hitman 1: GOTY on GOG...isn't entirely DRM-FREE (currently).

Hitman 1: GOTY (2016) has hit GOG...and it's not entirely DRM-FREE.

Story Mode (SP campaign) is DRM-FREE and works offline, but a lot of the extras pertaining to it are NOT accessible unless you're actually online.

A lot of the SP-mode extras - i.e. equipment progression/unlocks, disguise unlocks, entrance/exit unlocks, etc - is still locked behind still IOI's own online servers (like the Steam and Epic versions for PC). Meaning, to use this stuff, you need to unlock it from playing the game and then actually be online to use the unlocks.

A lot of the GOG community is not happy about this. This was even a complaint back when this game hit Steam, but...since GOG is supposed to be DRM-FREE, it's gotten even worse.

Also, to sum up:
- Story Mode works offline and DRM-FREE style.
- A lot of the extras for Story Mode (disguises, extra entrances, extra exits, equipment progression, etc etc) need you to be online to utilize these.
- Elusive Targets, Escalation Missions, and User-Created Missions: the player must be online to use these.

See more here in this thread, as GOG fans aren't happy about this:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hitman_game_of_the_year_edition_11093/page1

Supposedly, GOG and IOI are going to look into this matter:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hitman_game_of_the_year_edition_11093/post728

Can we all agree that limited time events in single player games is the stupidest game trend?
I have some singleplayer games that have daily / limited-time challenges that I really enjoy. BTD 5 and BTD 6 both have events and challenges and I find myself doing some of them nearly every day. It doesn't take long and I find it keeps me engaged with the game. Borderlands 3 is another (SP game to me, as I rarely play it MP) that incentivizes daily/weekly interaction.

I don't mind them if the things they are asking me to do are pretty easy to get into and accomplish. However, I DO find myself dreading those kinds of things that make unreasonable requests of my time on a daily basis. I used to play Rocket League a lot, but I found myself just grinding horrible online games to get cosmetics and it ended up just turning me off of their events altogether. Other games are bad about that too and I have to just ignore them.

So I don't know if that's what you're talking about or not, but I'm okay with SP events if they are not overly demanding. I've got shit to do.

I've done the dailies/weeklies with games like that before. I'm more talking about content beyond a simple daily challenge, like the Hitman stuff.

I've done the dailies/weeklies with games like that before. I'm more talking about content beyond a simple daily challenge, like the Hitman stuff.
My biggest problem with Hitman is the events repeat maybe once or twice and then that's it forever. It would make a lot more sense to program them to cycle automatically once the game is done and dusted instead of this FOMO bs.

That's probably the best release since Blade Runner. Both of those games were seemingly unobtainable due to the confusing and complicated issues relating to rights and ownership.

If GOG can get BR and Blood Omen, maybe one day No One Lives Forever 1+2 will get a proper release.

VAuF7um.png

bread's done
Back