GOG Deals Thread

VVVVVV and Escape Goat are the #1 and #2 bestsellers among all games, respectively.

Today Was a Good Day

Zafehouse Diaries has a new update available but I'm not sure how new it really is; I hadn't checked my account for a few days.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who wants a free game?

Back in April, groupees did a bundle with Topwear games. One of the bonuses was Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion, & they included GOG keys for the game. This was a build-a-bundle, so I picked 4 different games that I wanted, but I bought them all separately. So I ended up with 4 copies of the bonus game. Obviously, I really only need one, so the other three are superfluous. Time to give them away.

But there are a few potential catches. First of all, I can't remember witch code I used. So you might have to try two codes to see which one works. The second, and more important potential catch is that sometimes GOG keys have an expiration date. I really have no idea if these keys do, but I can not guarantee that they will still work.

So if you're ok taking a chance that they might have expired, and you don't mind potentially having to try a couple of codes to find one that hasn't been used, quote this post and say that you'd like one.

EDIT: All claimed.

Who wants a free game?

Back in April, groupees did a bundle with Topwear games. One of the bonuses was Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion, & they included GOG keys for the game. This was a build-a-bundle, so I picked 4 different games that I wanted, but I bought them all separately. So I ended up with 4 copies of the bonus game. Obviously, I really only need one, so the other three are superfluous. Time to give them away, I say.

But there are a few potential catches. First of all, I can't remember witch code I used. So you might have to try two codes to see which one works. The second, and more important potential catch is that sometimes GOG keys have an expiration date. I really have no idea if these keys do, but I can not guarantee that they will still work.

So if you're ok taking a chance that they might have expired, and you don't mind potentially having to try a couple of codes to find one that hasn't been used, quote this post and say that you'd like one.

At the moment, I still have three left.

I will admit I have no idea what the game is, but if your giving them away, sure I'd take a code ;)

Who wants a free game?

Back in April, groupees did a bundle with Topwear games. One of the bonuses was Knights and Merchants: The Peasants Rebellion, & they included GOG keys for the game. This was a build-a-bundle, so I picked 4 different games that I wanted, but I bought them all separately. So I ended up with 4 copies of the bonus game. Obviously, I really only need one, so the other three are superfluous. Time to give them away.

At the moment, I still have three left.
Ill take one :)

Alright, I've sent out keys to ezelkow1 & rcsample. ezelkow1 reports that the key worked, so they're still valid.  

MrNinjaSquirrel seems to be on the fence on whether or not he still wants the key. By rights he has dibs on one, but he's not really sure that he'd ever play it (a feeling which I totally sympathize with, lol).

So if there's anybody out there for whom getting their greasy little hands on a copy of Knights and Merchants is a dream come true, it kinda sounds like MrNS is OK with you taking his copy instead of him. But be honest, are you actually gonna play it? Or are you just adding to your backlog? Because if you're not gonna play it, you're pretty much in the same situation as MrNS. And he's got a better claim on it than you.

Yeah, that should be an untyped rule: Don't take keys if you're only interested in padding your game collection.

leech-azz mahfuckers

So if there's anybody out there for whom getting their greasy little hands on a copy of Knights and Merchants is a dream come true, it kinda sounds like MrNS is OK with you taking his copy instead of him. But be honest, are you actually gonna play it? Or are you just adding to your backlog? Because if you're not gonna play it, you're pretty much in the same situation as MrNS. And he's got a better claim on it than you.
I was going to grab that bundle for that game and Jagged Alliance Wildfire, but neglected to actually grab it. I kinda think that game looks interesting, and would like to play it at some point.

Alright, I've sent out keys to ezelkow1 & rcsample. ezelkow1 reports that the key worked, so they're still valid.

MrNinjaSquirrel seems to be on the fence on whether or not he still wants the key. By rights he has dibs on one, but he's not really sure that he'd ever play it (a feeling which I totally sympathize with, lol).

LOL, the better question is probably less of "are you going to play it?" and more of "how many games do you own right now you haven't even played 5% of?"

I'll be honest, I've had a couple Steam accounts I've just abandoned full of indie games because I don't even play them, and it makes me depressed to just see this full list of games just sitting there I don't want to go through. That's probably why I'm just buying a single game now and then on GOG and downloading it at will now, because I might actually finish them. Steam has turned gamers into hoarders that just want to collect the names of games on a list and that's about it.

Make some of these people link their Steam accounts and you'll find out real quick if they'll actually play it or not. I'll be completely honest, I would never play it and don't want it.

I'll be honest, I've had a couple Steam accounts I've just abandoned full of indie games because I don't even play them, and it makes me depressed to just see this full list of games just sitting there I don't want to go through.
A couple?! You've abandoned 2 accounts full of games? How dare you.

A couple?! You've abandoned 2 accounts full of games? How dare you.
Mostly full of Humble Bundle games I donated a few bucks to .. and never played much of. :p

I did get about as much money possibly out of a little game called Altitude I would play for hours on end a couple years ago. Best $2.50 ever spent.

LOL, the better question is probably less of "are you going to play it?" and more of "how many games do you own right now you haven't even played 5% of?"

I'll be honest, I've had a couple Steam accounts I've just abandoned full of indie games because I don't even play them, and it makes me depressed to just see this full list of games just sitting there I don't want to go through. That's probably why I'm just buying a single game now and then on GOG and downloading it at will now, because I might actually finish them. Steam has turned gamers into hoarders that just want to collect the names of games on a list and that's about it.

Make some of these people link their Steam accounts and you'll find out real quick if they'll actually play it or not. I'll be completely honest, I would never play it and don't want it.
It's not my fault Humble Bundles, Steam/Amazon/GMG sales, and generous people are faster at giving me games to play than my free time allows for. Just because someone hasn't played a game doesn't mean they don't plan to, some just have different priorities about when they get to them :oldman:

But be honest, are you actually gonna play it?
7wCfIrj.png

I was going to grab that bundle for that game and Jagged Alliance Wildfire, but neglected to actually grab it. I kinda think that game looks interesting, and would like to play it at some point.
Well since you've expressed an interest, it's yours.

All keys are now claimed. I feel kinda weird giving MrNinjaSquirrel's key away after he asked for it first. But kudos to him for allowing it to go to somebody who wanted it more.

Well since you've expressed an interest, it's yours.

All keys are now claimed. I feel kinda weird giving MrNinjaSquirrel's key away after he asked for it first. But kudos to him for allowing it to go to somebody who wanted it more.
LOL that's the 2nd time that's happened to him. I guess he'll be adding you to his hate list now ;)

LOL that's the 2nd time that's happened to him. I guess he'll be adding you to his hate list now ;)
Nah, I'm cool with it, in fact I'm glad it went to someone that will most likely get more out of it than I would :)

What I'm not so cool with is people swooping in and stealing my free emoticons, but I blame that more on the snatcher than the giver...

Special Promo

50% off Shutdown Promo

Theme Hospital - $2.99
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - $2.99
Redneck Rampage Collection - $2.99
Tropico Reloaded - $2.99
Guild Gold Edition, The - $4.99
Capitalism Plus - $2.99
Capitalism 2 - $4.99

Didn't notice this earlier. They must have just added this a couple of hours ago. I guess they're having a little fun with the whole government shutdown thing going on here in the states. There's a couple of good games in there, but the discount has been greater on many of these games recently. Still, it's kind of a quirky sale, so I guess it's worth mentioning on those grounds alone. Though you'll forgive me if I don't bother linking each individual game.

Less than 15 hours left on this promo as I post this. So if any of that appeals to you, chop-chop.

You forgot to mention that they'll give all those games for free to any government employee that sends them a picture of their furlough letter.

So if anyone here got affected by that BS, hey, free games.

Special Promo

50% off Shutdown Promo

Theme Hospital - $2.99
Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri - $2.99
Redneck Rampage Collection - $2.99
Tropico Reloaded - $2.99
Guild Gold Edition, The - $4.99
Capitalism Plus - $2.99
Capitalism 2 - $4.99

Didn't notice this earlier. They must have just added this a couple of hours ago. I guess they're having a little fun with the whole government shutdown thing going on here in the states. There's a couple of good games in there, but the discount has been greater on many of these games recently. Still, it's kind of a quirky sale, so I guess it's worth mentioning on those grounds alone. Though you'll forgive me if I don't bother linking each individual game.

Less than 15 hours left on this promo as I post this. So if any of that appeals to you, chop-chop.

Alpha Centauri includes the Alien Crossfire expansion. You need them for $3.

Hmm, I might actually get something out of this sale for once. Currently eying MoH: Allied Assault ($4) and Jade Empire ($6). I really enjoyed MoH: Frontline back on Gamecube, and from what I've gathered AA is pretty much the pinacle of the franchise. Jade Empire I've been meaning to get for ages, and although $6 is a bit more than I wanted to spend the free Witcher softens the blow a bit.

So anyone care to comment on how either of these would hold up for someone who never played them at release (neither are too old so I expect fairly well, but always worth asking anyway)?

Hmm, I might actually get something out of this sale for once. Currently eying MoH: Allied Assault ($4) and Jade Empire ($6). I really enjoyed MoH: Frontline back on Gamecube, and from what I've gathered AA is pretty much the pinacle of the franchise. Jade Empire I've been meaning to get for ages, and although $6 is a bit more than I wanted to spend the free Witcher softens the blow a bit.

So anyone care to comment on how either of these would hold up for someone who never played them at release (neither are too old so I expect fairly well, but always worth asking anyway)?
IIRC, Allied Assault was the first Medal of Honor game released on PC, roughly timed to coincide with the theatrical release of Saving Private Ryan. Because it's relatively old now, the mechanics will be very familiar if you've played any more recent CoD or MoH games, but it does have a pretty staggering (at least it was at the time) interactive rendition of the Omaha Beach landing. You're not really a bullet sponge in these early MoH games, so you can't really run-and-gun like you can in some other FPS games. I think it's worth playing, as long as it doesn't choke on a modern system.

Jade Empire is a really unique setting for BioWare; it's basically an old-school "kung-fu" RPG with demons, dragons, spirits, magic, and, of course, martial arts. The story is genuinely interesting and graphically it should hold up pretty well. The game starts out fairly difficult and gets a bit easier as you gain more fighting styles and abilities. I never picked it up again after my first playthrough (this is true of most things for me), but it was a great ride while it lasted.

I'd recommend both but if you're choosing one, I'm personally way more partial to RPGs than shooters.

Jade Empire I've been meaning to get for ages, and although $6 is a bit more than I wanted to spend the free Witcher softens the blow a bit.

I love Wuxia more than virtually any other genre but I still can't recommend this pile of shit.

It's very hard to play and that's only because the gameplay sucks beyond your wilder imagination.

Aesthetically stunning on PC doe -- best Wuxia game easily lol (haven't played Age of Wushu yet).

Clive Barker's Undying looks awesome...but I've been meaning to pick up Dungeon Keeper for a long time.

Decisions, decisions.

I may grab undying or lands of lore
Undying is awesome.

IIRC, Allied Assault was the first Medal of Honor game released on PC, roughly timed to coincide with the theatrical release of Saving Private Ryan. Because it's relatively old now, the mechanics will be very familiar if you've played any more recent CoD or MoH games, but it does have a pretty staggering (at least it was at the time) interactive rendition of the Omaha Beach landing. You're not really a bullet sponge in these early MoH games, so you can't really run-and-gun like you can in some other FPS games. I think it's worth playing, as long as it doesn't choke on a modern system.

Jade Empire is a really unique setting for BioWare; it's basically an old-school "kung-fu" RPG with demons, dragons, spirits, magic, and, of course, martial arts. The story is genuinely interesting and graphically it should hold up pretty well. The game starts out fairly difficult and gets a bit easier as you gain more fighting styles and abilities. I never picked it up again after my first playthrough (this is true of most things for me), but it was a great ride while it lasted.

I'd recommend both but if you're choosing one, I'm personally way more partial to RPGs than shooters.

That beach opening scene remains one of my favorite video game moments ever.

I have most of these games but will likely get Bioforge and is that Dungeon Keeper Gold the Windows 95 version or whatever it was? If so freakin' instant buy....been waiting for it.

The voices won. Ended up getting Undying and the MoH War Chest. Anyone with more than 50 posts/likes want my Witcher gift key?
original.jpg

You want a Witcher Gift Key? I can get you a Witcher Gift Key, believe me. There are ways, Neuro5i5. You don't wanna know about it, believe me.

[First person with exactly 10 positive feedback, a last name that begins with Y and exactly $32.23 in their checking account gets my Witcher Gift Key]

[ah....who am I kidding, I'll probably give it to the first person who PM's me with a Lebowski quote. or maybe I'll just give it to the next person to PM me like "The End" did for me...to pay it forward like that Sixth Sense kid]

[anyway PM me for Da Witcha GOG gift key]

I got impatient, so I opened my Escape Goat booster pack.

I got a foil. D:

I already listed it, undercutting everyone else, HOPE IT SELLS

bread's done
Back