GOG Deals Thread

I'm also thinking of picking up Star Control 1+2' and Divine Divinity. Anybody recommend them?
Abso-freaking-lutely on Divine Divinity.

If you wanted an open-world Diablo 1/2 style action-packed ARPG game w/ an actual story + actual characters and a few quests that have choices to make - by all means, get this. It's great.

One thing, though - DD's English voice-acting is all over the place. It ranges from terrible to good. This has always been basically my ONLY complaint about DD.

But, like Torchlight 1, DD was once FREE before on GOG - just so you know. That's how I wound-up w/ it on GOG, earlier in the year.

I've already owned DD from Retail; DD Remastered on GameStop PC App (Impulse) + now GOG.

Last edited by a moderator:
No, and I got fed up with DAO pretty fast and stopped playing somewhere around the first campfire. I keep hearing its good, but it may not be for me.
If you do like DAO + NWN1: Hordes + NWN2: Complete - I think you'll love BG series.

You really need to be hands-on and micro-manage your party; pause a lot; and give orders to your party, if you're going to play any of those games - especially DAO + BG series.

Also, your choices at times do matter in these games and will have an impact in how some things turn on in-game and especially how the final end-game results and turns out. Also worth noting - BG games + DAO are MASSIVE freaking time-sinks.

If you don't care for strategic-style party-based RPG's, these games might not be your cup of tea.

Myst: Masterpiece Ed just went for FREE. :(

Clicked on it, and got an error; it was gone.

Bleh.

Now up:

Postal 2: Complete -> 600 of them @ 75% off for $2.49.

Well, I was able to get Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Planescape Torment, and Neverwinter Nights 2.

1. Should I try and get the first Neverwinter, for the story?

2. What order should I play these in? I assume Neverwinter would be last.

Thanks for any feedback! :)

Just to bring it to the front...

This is the list of games. Included is a section of the games that have had their last appearance.

Brutal Legend $3.74
Cognition: An Erica Reed Thriller $10.09
Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Ed $1.49
Expeditions: Conquistador $4.99
Heroes of Might & Magic 3: Complete Ed $2.49
Jade Empire: Special Ed $2.99
King of Dragon Pass $1.49
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Psychonauts $2.49
Spellforce Platinum $2.49
Sword of the Stars: The Pit $2.09
Thief 2: Metal Age $1.99
Thief Gold $1.99
Witcher 2: Assassin of Kings $5.99 

(DONE) Alpha Centauri $1.49
(DONE) Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic $2.49
(DONE) Anodyne $2.49
(DONE) Anvil of Dawn $1.49
(DONE) Aquanox $1.49
(DONE) Aquanox 2: Revelation $1.49
(DONE) Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut $4.99
(DONE) Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $1.99
(DONE) Baldur's Gate 2 Complete $1.99
(DONE) Beyond Good and Evil $2.49
(DONE) Blackwell Bundle $2.99
(DONE) Blood (One Unit Whole Blood) $1.49
(DONE) Book of Unwritten Tales $4.99
(DONE) Chaos Engine $3.29
(DONE) Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena $2.99
(DONE) Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav $3.99
(DONE) Deus Ex GOTY $1.99
(DONE) Defender's Quest $2.99
(DONE) Divinity: Dragon Commander Imperial Ed. $22.49
(DONE) Don't Starve $4.99
(DONE) Eador. Masters of the Broken World $5.99
(DONE) Evoland $2.49
(DONE) FEZ $2.99
(DONE) Geneforge 1-5 $2.99
(DONE) Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams $2.99
(DONE) Heroes of Might & Magic 5 bundle $4.99
(DONE) Hotline Miami $2.49

(DONE) I have No Mouth And I Must Scream $1.93
(DONE) Icewind Dale Complete $1.99
(DONE) Inquisitor $3.74
(DONE) Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within $11.99
(DONE)  King's Bounty: Crossworlds GOTY $4.99
(DONE) La Mulana $2.99
(DONE) Leisure Suit Larry $2.49

(DONE) Leisure Suit Larry: Reloaded $7.99
(DONE) Lords of Midnight $1.93
(DONE) Lucius $3.99
(DONE) Magrunner: Dark Pulse $9.99
(DONE) Master of Magic $1.19
(DONE) Master of Orion 1+2 $1.49
(DONE) Megabyte Punch $4.99
(DONE) Miasmata $2.99
(DONE) Might & Magic 6-pack: Limited Ed. $2.49
(DONE) Myst: Masterpiece Ed $1.49

(DONE) Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Ed. $1.99
(DONE) Neverwinter Nights 2: Complete $3.99
(DONE) Nexus: The Jupiter Incident $1.99
(DONE) Omerta: City of Gangsters + all DLC $7.99
(DONE) Planescape: Torment $1.99
(DONE) Populous: The Beginning $1.49
(DONE) Postal 2 Complete $2.49
(DONE) Primordia $2.49

(DONE) Puddle $1.99
(DONE) Rayman Origins $4.99
(DONE) The Real Texas $2.99
(DONE) Resonance $2.49
(DONE) Reus $2.49
(DONE) Retro City Rampage $3.74
(DONE) Rogue Legacy $4.99
(DONE) Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum $5.99
(DONE) Rise of the Triad $7.49
(DONE) Sacred Gold $1.99
(DONE) Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $1.49
(DONE) Shadow Man $2.39
(DONE) Shelter $3.99
(DONE) Sniper Elite: Berlin 1945 $1.99
(DONE) Space Colony HD $2.49
(DONE) Startopia $1.49
(DONE) Strike Suit Zero $4.99
(DONE) Syberia $1.99
(DONE) System Shock 2 $1.99
(DONE) Tales of Monkey Island $5.24
(DONE) Tex Murphy: Under a Killing Moon $2.49

(DONE) Thief 3: Deadly Shadows $1.99
(DONE) Theme Hospital $1.49
(DONE) Thunderscape $2.39

(DONE) Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.49
(DONE) Torchlight $2.99
(DONE) Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $1.49
(DONE) Total Annihilation: Kingdoms $1.49
(DONE) Tropico 3 Gold Ed. $2.99
(DONE) Two Worlds 2: Epic Ed. $3.99
(DONE) Ultima 7 The Complete Ed. $1.49
(DONE) Ultima Underworld 1+2 $1.49
(DONE) Wargame: European Escalation $6.69
(DONE) Wing Commander 4 $1.49
(DONE) Wing Commander: Privateer $1.49

Note: The most recent game added to the "Done" list is Puddle. Anyone reposting this list should start with the games added after that.

Just to bring it to the front...

This is the list of games. Included is a section of the games that have had their last appearance.
There are a worrying number of games on that list that I expect to turn into "Keanes".

I just impulse bought Alpha Centauri.  I saw that it was going down pretty fast, so I'm thinking that it must be a good game :p

Buy Alpha Centaur(i) -- it comes with its Alien Crossfire expansion and that's serious business.

Makes Civ V seem waaay too streamlined.

I think the only game left I might consider is Spellforce.  I'm just not sure if it's a game that I might think about not playing or not think about not playing. 

Alpha Centauri goes up just as I get off work... and boy did I fly in the door for that one.
Now this is what I call timing: I walk in through the door, having been out all afternoon, turn the tablet on and reload GOG. It shows 1000 copies of Alpha Centauri available (which is what I've been waiting for). Then, as I rush to the laptop, I see the counter sliding down like crazy (cause it always has to start at the original amount available when you load the page). I see it go down to 900, 800, ...., 200, 100, 50, 20, 10, 8 left! The laptop wakes up but the wifi is not yet available. I start clicking Buy like crazy anyway and it finally connects - I see the GOG checkout come up and click on Paypal just as the tablet shows the deal changing to Assassin's Creed. I complete the Paypal transaction as fast as I can, not sure if it'll go through. I click pay on the Paypal site and it's thinking, thinking, thinking... and finally redirects me back to GOG where I see "transaction complete" and the game in my library!

I feel like I just ran a fuckin' race or something. This is where, if I smoked, I'd lean back and puff on a cigarette...

I'm still waiting for all the Thiefs, Tomb Raider pack, and Theme Hospital to go up.  The past 48 hours have been pretty exhausting for me and my brother, but on the bright side, I bought other games that I otherwise wouldn't have gotten if I had not seen them go up on the GOG sale, like the Giana Sisters game, Alpha Centauri, and Wing Commander IV.  Pretty good weekend so far :D

I've missed Neverwinter 2, Baldurs Gate 2, Icewind Dale, and Planescape. By the good graces of Neuro5i5, I was able to get Baldurs Gate 1. I just hope I don't miss Neverwinter 1.

Stupid me, sleeping and eating and watching football...

Edit: I think I can use a hash tag here: #FOMOGogSales

That's how they work, right? I'm not a twitterer, tweeter, twa...whatever.

I've missed Neverwinter 2, Baldurs Gate 2, Icewind Dale, and Planescape. By the good graces of Neuro5i5, I was able to get Baldurs Gate 1. I just hope I don't miss Neverwinter 1. Stupid me, sleeping and eating and watching football...
I've had RedZone on all day and have been looking at the computer screen every few minutes to make sure the next deal is about to pop up. Megatron and Antonio Brown both saved me from losing my fantasy matchup this week haha

I'm still waiting for all the Thiefs, Tomb Raider pack, and Theme Hospital to go up. The past 48 hours have been pretty exhausting for me and my brother, but on the bright side, I bought other games that I otherwise wouldn't have gotten if I had not seen them go up on the GOG sale, like the Giana Sisters game, Alpha Centauri, and Wing Commander IV. Pretty good weekend so far :D
Are the Thief games going for a really cheap price? How is this sale compared to earlier sales on GOG and other sites?

Now this is what I call timing: I walk in through the door, having been out all afternoon, turn the tablet on and reload GOG. It shows 1000 copies of Alpha Centauri available (which is what I've been waiting for). Then, as I rush to the laptop, I see the counter sliding down like crazy (cause it always has to start at the original amount available when you load the page). I see it go down to 900, 800, ...., 200, 100, 50, 20, 10, 8 left! The laptop wakes up but the wifi is not yet available. I start clicking Buy like crazy anyway and it finally connects - I see the GOG checkout come up and click on Paypal just as the tablet shows the deal changing to Assassin's Creed. I complete the Paypal transaction as fast as I can, not sure if it'll go through. I click pay on the Paypal site and it's thinking, thinking, thinking... and finally redirects me back to GOG where I see "transaction complete" and the game in my library!

I feel like I just ran a fuckin' race or something. This is where, if I smoked, I'd lean back and puff on a cigarette...
Sounds limiter to my experience getting Planescape Torment.

Just curious: Why didn't you just order the game on your tablet?

Are the Thief games going for a really cheap price? How is this sale compared to earlier sales on GOG and other sites?
The Thief games are going for 1.99 each, so almost $6 for all three games. They've been on sale on Steam before, but I think it's been for the same price, I'm not sure though. Either way, 6 bucks is a good deal for all three games IMO

bread's done
Back