GOG Deals Thread

And now the sale is over.

Ended up bolstering my D&D collection, and grabed the Patricians, Pirates, and Port Royales pack.  Also bought Race the Sun, which has done an admirable job of reminding me how awful my reflexes are.

Wish more stores used GOG's partial package purchasing plan on bundles where you already own bits and pieces.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ended up bolstering my D&D collection, and grabed the Patricians, Pirates, and Port Royales pack. Also bought Race the Sun, which has done an admirable job at reminding me how awful my reflexes are.

Wish more stores used GOG's partial package purchasing plan on bundles where you already own bits and pieces.
^_^ Yay, more Race the Sun owners.. you can register your GOG key at the dev's website and get a steam key. The steam version has social features.

http://flippfly.com/news/race-the-sun-coming-to-steam-december-9th/

Ended up bolstering my D&D collection, and grabed the Patricians, Pirates, and Port Royales pack. Also bought Race the Sun, which has done an admirable job at reminding me how awful my reflexes are.

In fairness to Steam, prices on GoG are typically higher (I remember when discounts only go up to 70% or even 60% back when it was still Good Old Games) but that seems to be changing especially with newer indie games being priced the same as Steam.

I didn't grab quite as many games as I wanted to from the sale, though there also weren't a ton of deals that wowed me. Hell, I forgot about the sale for three or four days, only thinking to check in at the end after getting emails and FB notifications about the end. Practically every bundle consisted of games I either already had or wasn't sure about. Though to be fair, I do have damn near half their catalog.

I grabbed...

Amerzone

Normality

Omikron: The Nomad Soul

Realms of Chaos (never played it, but Apogee nostalgia FTW)

Terminal Velocity

Tex Murphy: Overseer
Tex Murphy: The Pandora Directive

There were a few fantasy war games that I probably would have grabbed had I stared at them long enough, oh well.

My only partial regret is missing 66% off Carmageddon 2... during the slow-xmas-day switch.  I still have my originals...

I grabbed Nox, Startopia, Space Colony HD, Anachronox, and ReVolt.  The only thing I really wanted that I couldn't find a high enough discount for was Arcanum.

^_^ ReVolt would be my gem of the sale, but it was surpassed by Race the Sun (which nets you a steam key).
Re-Volt is the only game that I bought from GOG this sale.

In general I thought this one was significantly inferior to the last one: worse discounts and a return to the "must buy the bundle to get the discount" policy.

Re-Volt is the only game that I bought from GOG this sale.

In general I thought this one was significantly inferior than the last one: worse discounts and a return to the "must buy the bundle to get the discount" policy.
Nod.. Just ReVolt and Race the Sun for me. In the same cart, none the less. $2 Wasteland and $3.33 Carmageddon 2 are possibilities... but I still need to random-fish up Wasteland (own it anyhow, got it working in DosBox on my Nook Color...), Missed C2's sale. ... I also think I have a Wasteland steam key waiting for me from kickstarter..

I'm just glad their "sales" are over. Starting with that silly insomnia sale, they've been all gimmick and little actual deals I want to buy.
I thought that the insomnia sale (the first cycle at least) was pretty good. Lots of stuff with decent discounts, quite a few good games, and none of that "buy the bundle or it's only 50% off" crap.

It was the first time that I'd actually bought something from GOG, too! Got Theme Hospital and Blood for $1.50ea; Riddick and Jade Empire for $2.99ea; NWN2 for ?; and NWN1, Icewind Dale Complete, and Planescape Torment for $2ea.

Do wish I hadn't bought extra gifts of Icewind Dale and Planescape, though. :whistle2:(

For me through the whole sale just got Carmageddon 2 and Wing Commander 5. I was very unsure of Privateer 2...but I saw videos and it just doesn't look that great. I have a lot on GOG already though, so the low haul is alright with me.

I got the four Wing Commander games I was missing (Privateer 2, Academy, Armada, Prophecy Gold).

And... that was it. The games I wanted to go on sale in a bundle didn't. As usual.

Just Fahrenheit for me.  Almost bit on the Tex Murphy games, but I do already have the last three from retail.  Heck, full box and everything.  I would have grabbed the Sierra adventure games if they had been a daily.

Only grabbed Medal of Honor Allied Assault: Warchest during this sale. First time I've "bought" something from GOG. All my other games on GOG were freebies like Duke Nukem or Fallout. I'll probably grab Freespace 2, Wing Commander games, and some other games next time. 

I thought that the insomnia sale (the first cycle at least) was pretty good. Lots of stuff with decent discounts, quite a few good games, and none of that "buy the bundle or it's only 50% off" crap.

It was the first time that I'd actually bought something from GOG, too! Got Theme Hospital and Blood for $1.50ea; Riddick and Jade Empire for $2.99ea; NWN2 for ?; and NWN1, Icewind Dale Complete, and Planescape Torment for $2ea.

Do wish I hadn't bought extra gifts of Icewind Dale and Planescape, though. :whistle2:(
Aargh... when was Riddick $3?

You'll probably get another shot at Riddick.

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/12/gog-coms-lets-party-promo-starts-31-december

THIS IS STILL A RUMOR. But I found this link at the GOG forums just now. With any luck you'll be able to grab your DRM free gravelly-voiced bald glowy-eyed cliche for cheap.
make_it_so_by_pigglesworth.jpg

You'll probably get another shot at Riddick.

http://www.incgamers.com/2013/12/gog-coms-lets-party-promo-starts-31-december

THIS IS STILL A RUMOR. But I found this link at the GOG forums just now. With any luck you'll be able to grab your DRM free gravelly-voiced bald glowy-eyed cliche for cheap.
I was actively trying to avoid buying Riddick from GOG because I already own the game from Gamefly (formerly D2D) but its contains Tages and GOG is DRM-free.

I haven't played my copy of Riddick and I hate paying for the same game twice as a CAG (especially if I haven't played the game). Been tempted throughout the GOG sale to buy a DRM-free Riddick which was 75% off but held off with self-control

Now their a rumoured sale starting tomorrow..... :???:

If there is Riddick at a nice 80% discount....I'll get it
where it's stay in the backlog

I was actively trying to avoid buying Riddick from GOG because I already own the game from Gamefly (formerly D2D) but its contains Tages and GOG is DRM-free.

I haven't played my copy of Riddick and I hate paying for the same game twice as a CAG (especially if I haven't played the game). Been tempted throughout the GOG sale to buy a DRM-free Riddick which was 75% off but held off with self-control

Now their a rumoured sale starting tomorrow..... :???:

If there is Riddick at a nice 80% discount....I'll get it
where it's stay in the backlog
I bought it at D2D, then GameFly ate them up and my download was lost for a quite a while. Then I got the game gifted to me on Steam. Then the game came back at GameFly. Then I bought it at GOG after it was rumored that Atari was going bankrupt like six months ago.

And the game's still avaialble there.

Ugh.

I bought it at D2D, then GameFly ate them up and my download was lost for a quite a while. Then I got the game gifted to me on Steam. Then the game came back at GameFly. Then I bought it at GOG after it was rumored that Atari was going bankrupt like six months ago.

And the game's still avaialble there.

Ugh.
...and you still haven't played it, of course.

So the "Lets Party" promo has started. As previously discussed in this thread, it features all the bundles that lost the community votes. As you can see, these are all or nothing bundles this time around. Given that fact, I'm not sure that it's worth the effort to put direct links to all the games.

Promo runs for 48 hours. At the time of posting this, there is just under 43 hours left.

75% or 0% Off Mighty Heroes Magic Pack - Full Bundle Cost $17.44

Heroes of Might and Magic - $2.49
Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Gold Edition - $2.49
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete Edition - $2.49
Heroes of Might and Magic 4: Complete - $2.49
Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Bundle - $4.99
Heroes Chronicles: All chapters - $2.49

70% or 0% Off The Creepy Crate - Full Bundle Cost $15.54

Knock-Knock - $2.99
Shadow Man - $1.79
Penumbra Collection, The - $2.99
Clive Barker's Undying - $1.79
Pathologic - $2.99
Slender: The Arrival - $2.99

75% or 0% Off Memorable Dungeons - Full Bundle Cost $12.19

Wizardry 6 + 7 - $1.49
Wizardry 8 - $2.49
Legend of Grimrock - $3.74
Ultima® Underworld 1+2 - $1.49
Anvil of Dawn - $1.49
Stonekeep - $1.49

70% or 0% Off Un-Linked RPGS - Full Bundle Cost $14.66

Ittle Dew - $4.19
Anodyne - $2.99
Evoland - $2.99
The Real Texas - $4.49

75% or 0% Off Chronicles Of Ultima - Full Bundle Cost $7.49

Ultima 1+2+3 - $1.49
Ultima 4+5+6 - $1.49
Ultima 7 The Complete Edition - $1.49
Ultima 8 Gold Edition - $1.49
Ultima 9: Ascension - $1.49

75% or 0% Off Settlers Pack Supreme - Full Bundle Cost $12.45

Settlers 2: Gold Edition, The - $2.49
Settlers 2: 10th Anniversary, The - $2.49
Settlers 3: Ultimate Collection, The - $2.49
Settlers 4: Gold Edition, The - $2.49
Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - $2.49

80% or 0% Off  Military Combat Sims - Full Bundle Cost $11.12

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 - $1.99
Strike Commander - $1.19
Red Baron Pack - $1.99
B-17 Flying Fortress: The Mighty 8th - $1.19
Apache Longbow - $1.19
Apache vs. Havoc - $1.19
Comanche vs. Hokum - $1.19
Hind - $1.19

75% or 0% Off Fantastic Open Worlds - Full Bundle Cost $13.20

Avadon: The Black Fortress - $2.49
Avernum: The Complete Saga - $2.99
Geneforge 1-5 - $3.74
Eschalon: Book I - $1.49
Eschalon: Book II - $2.49

75% or 0% Off Tactical Strike - Full Bundle Cost $7.96

Ground Control 2: Operation Exodus SE - $1.49
Jagged Alliance 2 - $2.49
Battle Isle: The Andosia War - $1.49
S2: Silent Storm Gold Edition - $2.49

75% or 0% Off Deep Space Division - Full Bundle Cost $10.45

Strike Suit Zero - $4.99
    DLC: Heroes of the Fleet - $1.74
    DLC: Raptor - $0.74
Independence War Deluxe - $1.49
Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos - $1.49

75% or 0% Off Brave New Lands - Full Bundle Cost $14.45

Expeditions: Conquistador - $4.99
Eador. Masters of the Broken World - $4.99
Eador: Genesis - $1.49
Etherlords - $1.49
Etherlords 2 - $1.49

75% or 0% Off Cinematic Adventures - Full Bundle Cost $17.45

Runaway: A Road Adventure - $2.49
Runaway 2: The Dream of the Turtle - $2.49
Runaway 3: A Twist of Fate - $2.49
Jack Keane - $2.49
Jack Keane 2: The Fire Within - $7.49

75% or 0% Off Historic Strategy - Full Bundle Cost $8.45

Conquest of the New World - $1.49
Panzer General 2 - $2.49
Great Battles Collector's Edition - $1.49
Imperial Glory - $1.49
Cossacks Anthology - $1.49

70% or 0% Off Indie Platformers - Full Bundle Cost $16.45

FEZ - $2.99
Unepic - $2.99
La Mulana - $4.49
Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams - $4.49
Giana Sisters: Rise of the Owlverlord - $1.49

75% or 0% Off Wadjet Eye Adventure Pack - Full Bundle Cost $11.21

Gemini Rue - $2.49
Resonance - $2.49
Blackwell Bundle - $3.74
Primordia - $2.49

GOG's back to their usual weekend sale:

Screen_shot_2014_01_03_at_12_23_13_PM.png
"Sensible" World of Soccer, why "sensible"? Are the other type of soccer games just to crazy to contemplate?

Re; GOG sales......yaaaaaawn....They really need to have a "Wishlist sale" where they let me buy any item on my wishlist for $1.49. Then I could buy them and not look at GOG until they release some new old games.....

GOG's back to their usual weekend sale:

Screen_shot_2014_01_03_at_12_23_13_PM.png
I checked earlier and I didn't see this. I never went back to see if they ever did update with the weekend deal. Clearly I am unfit for the position of official deal poster.

So with a heavy heart, I now hand that position over to Ashes

*Jumps up in the air clicking heals together*

*runs for the exit*

"Sensible" World of Soccer, why "sensible"? Are the other type of soccer games just to crazy to contemplate?

Re; GOG sales......yaaaaaawn....They really need to have a "Wishlist sale" where they let me buy any item on my wishlist for $1.49. Then I could buy them and not look at GOG until they release some new old games.....
Not to be confused with VR Soccer '96 on GOG....

I checked earlier and I didn't see this. I never went back to see if they ever did update with the weekend deal. Clearly I am unfit for the position of official deal poster.

So with a heavy heart, I now hand that position over to Ashes

*Jumps up in the air clicking heals together*

*runs for the exit*
<rolls for dodge...> what do I have to beat?

Usual? It's about time these games got a decent discount. Codemasters is not only awful about licenses, but discounts too.
^_^ I was meaning in comparison to their Holiday Sale which we'd pretty much wrote off two weeks? back.

This is one of the better weekend sales I've seen.

I'd post a link but I'm on my phone and can't be bothered but...

The legend of kyrandia games are part of a stacking promo right now. 50-70% off. I just picked up all three.

Hmm, not seeing that...

FYI:

All those who acquired Fallout, Fallout 2, or Fallout Tactics on GOG.com prior to the date of removal (that is before Tuesday, December 31st 2013, at 3:59PM GMT), will still be able to download the games' install files (as well as the bonus content) via the "My Games" section of their user accounts. Gift-codes for these three games acquired in our recent giveaway are no longer valid. However, if you own a gift-code for any or all of them that was purchased outside of the said giveaway, you'll still be able to redeem it in the foreseeable future.

Bought the pack if only just to look at the covers. I know I'll play Kyrandia 1 & 2 really soon, I love them. Even knowing I'll have to draw that cave map one more time (book 1)

Anyone have an extra copy of theme hospital. I clicked on the link this am and it was already over. Used to play this for hours back in the day. The playstation version just doesn't beat mouse, keyboard version.

Hmm, not seeing that...

FYI:

All those who acquired Fallout, Fallout 2, or Fallout Tactics on GOG.com prior to the date of removal (that is before Tuesday, December 31st 2013, at 3:59PM GMT), will still be able to download the games' install files (as well as the bonus content) via the "My Games" section of their user accounts. Gift-codes for these three games acquired in our recent giveaway are no longer valid. However, if you own a gift-code for any or all of them that was purchased outside of the said giveaway, you'll still be able to redeem it in the foreseeable future.
That's too bad. I got a gift set just in case anybody here needed the games but then forgot about them.

bread's done
Back