GOG Deals Thread

[SIZE=12pt]EDIT: I stand corrected. [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]Torchlight is FREE for 48 hours.[/SIZE] Can't get the titled links to work when I do an edit, so here's the link. [SIZE=12pt]http://www.gog.com/gamecard/torchlight[/SIZE]

If you want the 80% off price I believe they do. You'll find a lot of people have all of them. I don't although I'm on the fence and may pick up the ones I'm missing.

Good looks!

System Shock 75% would be nice as a daily, and 90% Witcher would be swell.

Last edited by a moderator:
I own the whole D&D pack, so I suppose I could help out. Never gifted something to anybody on GOG though. I tried to go through the gift process to see how it works. Looks like I can simply send the gifts to somebody's email. Is it really that simple?

I own the whole D&D pack, so I suppose I could help out. Never gifted something to anybody on GOG though. I tried to go through the gift process to see how it works. Looks like I can simply send the gifts to somebody;s email. Is it really that simple?
It is that simple.

From the GOG forum:

I know that some people will have questions about this so here are some exceptions for the promo:

Square Enix, Bohemia Interactive, Capcom and Interplay catalogues will all only be on promo for one week.

Games which were released recently are not included in the promo. A handful of other games are also not included for various reasons.

Eador titles are 30% off and Night of the Rabbit is 20% off.

Is it possible to gift torchlight even though its free? My friends on the road till friday but wanted to try it out. I was gonna gift it to him while its free

Is it possible to gift torchlight even though its free? My friends on the road till friday but wanted to try it out. I was gonna gift it to him while its free
It is indeed possible. In fact, I picked up a copy for myself, then picked up a gift copy that I plan to drop here in this thread in the future for some CAG who missed out.

Yeah, he'll need an account to redeem the gift.

It's pretty easy to create an account though. So that shouldn't really be a problem.

Wait when does GOG usually do their summer sales? I'm getting pretty broke right now but around the start of July i'll have some money to spare any chance that Definitive Dungeons and Dragons stuff goes back on sale like this next month?

Their sale just started

Just like the steam sale though its best to wait till the end anyway and check out all the dailies, it runs till the 5th. 

The only exceptions were the ones listed earlier: Square Enix, Bohemia Interactive, Capcom and Interplay catalogues will all only be on promo for one week.

Crap, they've got me hooked. I bit on the big adventure game sale they had a week or two back. And now I'm already tucking some of these sale games into my shopping cart. System Shock 2 for $5 is well worth it, as is Total Annihilation for $3. There are a few other legacy adventure games (such as Broken Sword) that I wouldn't mind snagging for less than $5 each. Seriously considering that Dungeons and Dragons pack, too. I've never played any of those games, and Planescape: Torment is considered a classic. $21 for such a critically acclaimed bundle seems like a steal.

Seriously considering that Dungeons and Dragons pack, too. I've never played any of those games, and Planescape: Torment is considered a classic. $21 for such a critically acclaimed bundle seems like a steal.
You'd save quite a bit waiting for http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection + http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DDNWNC/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-nights-complete to go on sale again.

Also, http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-TOTALA/total-annihilation-commander-pack.

id wait on TA, it will most likely go lower, just like the steam sales, wait for the last day.  Also the GG version of TA isnt updated, missing some fixes from the GOG version since GG never updates their GOG versions of games

Seriously considering that Dungeons and Dragons pack, too. I've never played any of those games, and Planescape: Torment is considered a classic. $21 for such a critically acclaimed bundle seems like a steal.
You'd save quite a bit waiting for http://www.gamersgate.com/DDB-DBAMC/dungeons-and-dragons-anthology-the-master-collection + http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-DDNWNC/dungeons-and-dragons-neverwinter-nights-complete to go on sale again.

While the D&D Anthology is repacked GOG versions, NWN Complete is not the GOG versions as far as I can tell (I dug into this quite a bit). If you own none of these the current GOG deal is pretty good... not the dead lowest, but assuredly DRM-FREE* and you'd have access to any later GOG patches (as well as the GOG feelies).

*iirc, NWN2 has a key for online play

While the D&D Anthology is repacked GOG versions, NWN Complete is not the GOG versions as far as I can tell (I dug into this quite a bit). If you own none of these the current GOG deal is pretty good... not the dead lowest, but assuredly DRM-FREE* and you'd have access to any later GOG patches (as well as the GOG feelies).

*iirc, NWN2 has a key for online play
Yeah, I just got it from The End and NWN2 gave me keys. For some reason NWN1 didn't give me any keys, but I'm not sure if the online MP is dead or not for NWN1

id wait on TA, it will most likely go lower, just like the steam sales, wait for the last day. Also the GG version of TA isnt updated, missing some fixes from the GOG version since GG never updates their GOG versions of games
Nah, I have thresholds for game deals. For current-gen console titles, my threshold is around $10. I'm willing to shell out $10 for just about any current-gen console game that I'm interested in. (hasn't been critically torn to pieces) For older PC games, my threshold is closer to $5. Below that I'm willing to whip my wallet out. $3 for a game like Total Annihilation is well within my price tolerance range, I have no problem paying that much. The fact that it comes with expansions is just icing on the cake.

I was also eyeballying the Broken Sword packages as well as the Another World/Out of This World collector's edition. I've already got the Gobliiins package in my cart.

id wait on TA, it will most likely go lower, just like the steam sales, wait for the last day. Also the GG version of TA isnt updated, missing some fixes from the GOG version since GG never updates their GOG versions of games
Nah, I have thresholds for game deals. For current-gen console titles, my threshold is around $10. I'm willing to shell out $10 for just about any current-gen console game that I'm interested in. (hasn't been critically torn to pieces) For older PC games, my threshold is closer to $5. Below that I'm willing to whip my wallet out. $3 for a game like Total Annihilation is well within my price tolerance range, I have no problem paying that much. The fact that it comes with expansions is just icing on the cake.

I was also eyeballying the Broken Sword packages as well as the Another World/Out of This World collector's edition. I've already got the Gobliiins package in my cart.
I just want to make sure you are not misunderstanding ezelkow1. GOG is going to have a different set of games every day for an even bigger discount. For example the Broken Sword games are currently 50% off but there is a good chance they will be at least 75% off within the next two weeks so it would be a good idea to at least wait a few days.

GOG is going to have a different set of games every day for an even bigger discount.
Ohhhhh, I get where you're coming from. The main deal will be running until July 5th, so there's no hurry on most of the 50% off games. It's a better idea to pay attention to the daily deals for the time being, and pick up any stragglers closer to July 5th. Good call.

I went ahead and got both of today's deal/bundles. I had never gotten a copy of Alan Wake on the 360, and I have a new, more powerful PC that would be good for playing it on. And the D&D deal was just too good to pass up.

Yeah, I just got it from The End and NWN2 gave me keys. For some reason NWN1 didn't give me any keys, but I'm not sure if the online MP is dead or not for NWN1
For everyone who is buying NWN1, I had to email GOG about a MP key. They then send you a file that you need to add to the game's directory and some instructions. It's a pretty painless process.

Edit: linked to wrong game before. Fixed now. Here's a link to the support page for NWN; just select MP key request in the menu: http://www.gog.com/support/contact/technical_issues_with_games/neverwinter_nights_diamond_edition

I feel like I should get the Alan Wake collection, I paid $1 for the Humble Bundle which is insulting to it and I like GOG's DRM free strategy.
The HIB came with DRM-free versions and all the bonus content, so there's not much point unless you like throwing money away.
Yeah, I just checked that, all the episode stuff is really nice. I'm sort of paranoid Humble Bundle will disappear and I won't have backup hehe

I feel like I should get the Alan Wake collection, I paid $1 for the Humble Bundle which is insulting to it and I like GOG's DRM free strategy.
The HIB came with DRM-free versions and all the bonus content, so there's not much point unless you like throwing money away.
Oh man this make the steam card talk seem palatable... I'm almost afraid of pointing out that one could buy something else one doesn't have on GOG with that money if one's intention is to support GOG. ...becuase I fear that could create a misunderstanding.

Yeah, I just checked that, all the episode stuff is really nice. I'm sort of paranoid Humble Bundle will disappear and I won't have backup hehe
Download to external drive? Store on box.net or the like? Personally I outsource all my data backup needs to the NSA.

So just to be clear the GOG version of the whole D&D collection is the GOG one? i just don't want to pay $8 more and then get buyer remorse for getting it on GOG and not cheaper on GG... (tho i don't think there's such a thing as buyer remorse when it comes down to NWN ;)

Oh man this make the steam card talk seem palatable... I'm almost afraid of pointing out that one could buy something else one doesn't have on GOG with that money if one's intention is to support GOG. ...becuase I fear that could create a misunderstanding.

Download to external drive? Store on box.net or the like? Personally I outsource all my data backup needs to the NSA.
Wow, thank you, I never would have thought I could support GOG by buying other games from them! That would also really help that I feel I should have given the Alan Wake developers more money than the $1 I spent on the Humble. Having another permanent digital backup of one of my favorite games with content not found on Steam, DRM free, for a petty <$5 is total insanity too, good to avoid that. As I did admit, the latter is a little overboard.

More seriously, for your input that wasn't worthless, although for this game situation it is, thanks for the tip on the box.net site. I'll put it to use for something.

Is NWN DIamond worth the $5 it costs if I don't get it in the bundle, or will it go on sale by itself for more than 50% off in the future?

Thanks.

Is NWN DIamond worth the $5 it costs if I don't get it in the bundle, or will it go on sale by itself for more than 50% off in the future?

Thanks.
The End can help you get it for $1.99. Might be worth PMing him.. but there's not much time left on the sale, not sure if he'd respond in time.

Either way, I'd wait until the last day, they might rerun the sale and you could get someone to help you get it cheaper if they do.

Thanks.
The End can help you get it for $1.99. Might be worth PMing him.. but there's not much time left on the sale, not sure if he'd respond in time.

Either way, I'd wait until the last day, they might rerun the sale and you could get someone to help you get it cheaper if they do.
Cool, thanks.

I might be best for me to just wait. I have so many other games to play right now anyway :)

Man I wish I realized that GoG was going to have a huge summer sale like this. I was checking out the site the day Witcher 2 was on sale on Steam since I'd prefer a DRM free version but I guess I missed the memo, (I didn't want to drop a full $20 either since I havent finished Witcher 1). Anyone know if all those bonus items shown on GoG come with the Steam version or is it exclusive? Doesn't matter anymore per the above post, might as well rebuy at 5.99

And do yall have any other good titles I should be on the lookout for other than Alan Wake? I wouldn't mind being introduced to new series

Man I wish I realized that GoG was going to have a huge summer sale like this. I was checking out the site the day Witcher 2 was on sale on Steam since I'd prefer a DRM free version but I guess I missed the memo, (I didn't want to drop a full $20 either since I havent finished Witcher 1). Anyone know if all those bonus items shown on GoG come with the Steam version or is it exclusive? Doesn't matter anymore per the above post, might as well rebuy at 5.99

And do yall have any other good titles I should be on the lookout for other than Alan Wake? I wouldn't mind being introduced to new series
The Steam versions of the Witchers (1 & 2) comes with a key that you can activate on GOG

Did you buy the steam version? I believe gog will add witcherto your gog account still if you did.
I know they were in the past

*ninja'd

What's the thing for $5.99?

Alan Wake was yesterday. Timing isn't your thing, Chronos.

The Steam versions of the Witchers (1 & 2) comes with a key that you can activate on GOG
Oh really? I haven't taken a look at it after buying but I tried to go to that witcher backup page last night and kept getting a 404 error. Funny the error is gone this morning, I guess they were making some changes to prepare for today.

Also i did a quick search on Twitter, and apparently the GOG version of Unepic (which is on sale for $5) gives you an Steam Key if you register it on the devs website, i knew they were giving keys to eearly buyers before the game came out on steam but didn't knew they were giving them to current purchases. Sweet deal, you get DRM free version with the GOG goodies and the Steam version.

EDIT: Yep :), confirmed i just did it, bought it on GOG got an Steam Key :D

If you've never given point-and-click adventures a try, I would keep your eyes out for those. GOG has a great collection of these classic games. The series to look out for are...

King's Quest

Broken Sword

Space Quest

Gabriel Knight

Quest for Glory

Gobliiins

Police Quest

Leisure Suit Larry

If you've never given point-and-click adventures a try, I would keep your eyes out for those. GOG has a great collection of these classic games. The series to look out for are...

King's Quest

Broken Sword

Space Quest

Gabriel Knight

Quest for Glory

Gobliiins

Police Quest

Leisure Suit Larry
The Sierra quest games were 75% off last December. I'm thinking there's a good chance that'll happen again in this promo.

I was checking out the site the day Witcher 2 was on sale on Steam since I'd prefer a DRM free version but I guess I missed the memo, (I didn't want to drop a full $20 either since I havent finished Witcher 1 And do yall have any other good titles I should be on the lookout for other than Alan Wake? I wouldn't mind being introduced to new series

I think that, if you're interested in Alan Wake and The Witcher, you're likely going to want to investigate these:

Beyond Good and Evil

System Shock 2

XIII - This is gone? Glad I have it.

Random pick: Guilty Gear X2 #Reload is really, really entertaining. Stylish fighting and a sexy slew of unique characters.

Prince of Persia

Far Cry

Deus Ex

King's Quest

Broken Sword

Space Quest

Gabriel Knight

Quest for Glory

Gobliiins

Police Quest

Leisure Suit Larry
Torin's Passage and Inherit the Earth are also good ones too!

I was checking out the site the day Witcher 2 was on sale on Steam since I'd prefer a DRM free version but I guess I missed the memo, (I didn't want to drop a full $20 either since I havent finished Witcher 1 And do yall have any other good titles I should be on the lookout for other than Alan Wake? I wouldn't mind being introduced to new series

I think that, if you're interested in Alan Wake and The Witcher, you're likely going to want to investigate these:

Beyond Good and Evil

System Shock 2

XIII - This is gone? Glad I have it.

Guilty Gear X2 #Reload is really, really entertaining. Stylish fighting and a sexy slew of unique characters.

Prince of Persia

Far Cry

Deus Ex
Yep XIII is gone, i bought it on December 31 of last year, GOG hold an special weekend promo for the game stating it wasn't gonna be available on their catalogue anymore after that sale.

Yep XIII is gone, i bought it on December 31 of last year, GOG hold an special weekend promo for the game stating it wasn't gonna be available on their catalogue anymore after that sale.

That's a damn shame.

I don't recall another game with a funk-heavy soundtrack, and XIII has some bangers -- that shit is very nice.

Plus Agent Mulder. :whee:

That's a damn shame.

I don't recall another game with a funk-heavy soundtrack, and XIII has some bangers -- that shit is very nice.

Plus Agent Mulder. :whee:
Indeed, such a cool game. Loved it on the PS2 so i had to buy for the PC.

bread's done
Back