GOG Deals Thread

Regarding the Fallout games being free:

"Please note that all three classic Fallout titles are pending right holder change. Sadly, to the best of our knowledge, we'll be forced to remove Fallout, Fallout 2, and Fallout Tactics from our offer. That doesn't mean, however, that you won't be able to download them if they are already a part of collection by then. Secure your copies today (or anytime before Saturday, December 14, at 1:59PM GMT)!"

So, in other words, a " fuck you Interplay" from GOG!
ftfy

Interplay is losing publishing rights to Bethesda in a couple of weeks - so it's basically Interplay/GOG that are sticking it to Beth (that sounds dirtier than it should ...)
Ah, gotcha. Guess I viewed it the other way around.

:shock:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing that the load on the GOG servers is partly attributable to people stockpiling Fallout gift codes. I wonder if they'll still be redeemable after the games have been delisted.

Have they said when the sale will end? I'm hoping for an even better price on some games, but I don't want to risk losing out on the current deals.

Finally able to get my copies of FO1/2/Tactics, just took about 20 minutes. Reading articles on the Interplay/Bethesda dispute, I gotta say sounds like Bethesda was in the right, Interplay used a lot of questionable tactics to try and come out on top.

Can ya'll chill on stockpiling long enough for me to get checked out with these games I've had wishlisted forever and are now free! I just wanna checkout!

Free today: Fallout 2

My own, personalized daily gift picked timeless classics gift box.

Got:  Fallout 2 (75% off) - $2.49

43797497.jpg

I picked Timeless Classics and got The Bard's Tale for $2.49 (75% off)

I already have this from retail, on Android, and I think I have a steam code waiting for me from being a Wasteland 2 Backer.

Finally got through checkout.  Was worried for a moment that I would be forced to buy a gift code from some kind CAG for $5.

Timeless Classic = Total Annihilation Commander Pack for $1.79.  Bleh, they really should say THIS OFFER IS ONLY GOOD FOR THE NEXT 30 SECONDS if they want me to buy something.

I got through checkout (after 20-30 minutes) and Timeless Classics = MDK. I don't remember what the price was, nor can I get the page to reload now.

Apparently they dont really keep track of your santa wishlist.  Yay 1.79 total annihilation, when i already own it.  Got a feeling most of the gifts Ill be getting out of these from GOG will be of no use to me

My timeless classic was Thief 2.. which I already owned on GOG.

The gift boxes were poorly done, hopefully the rest of the promo isn't.

Trying to claim the free Fallout games, but because I got Fallout 1 free a LONG time ago, it's telling me I have to gift it because I own one of them, but I can't gift it (not even to myself) because it's free. Any work arounds? I can't unselect it in the claim page.

Trying to claim the free Fallout games, but because I got Fallout 1 free a LONG time ago, it's telling me I have to gift it because I own one of them, but I can't gift it (not even to myself) because it's free. Any work arounds? I can't unselect it in the claim page.
You have to be doing something wrong. I had both Fallout 1 and 2 in my library so I was only getting Tactics free but I didn't have a problem.

Did you remove them by clicking the check boxes?

The heavy load looks like it could be why I can't do that.

I clicked on the link that takes you to the triple listing and just de--selected Fallout because I also got it free from them a while back, and checked out with #2 and Tactics only.  It took a while due to server load, though.

I picked the random gift and got Psychonauts for $2.49, but I don't mind if it's always dumb.  It's fun to see what it might be and the knock at Steam giving coal a couple years ago (or was it last year?) made me snigger.

I can't create Fallout gift codes, looks like they disabled that. Ha. Oh well. :(

I was hoping to give some away in a couple of weeks...

Edit: I went with random and got Book of Unwritten Tales for 3.99. PAAAAAAAAAAAASS.

I figured I would be buying any current games through Steam so I picked Classic and got Atlantis: The Lost Tales for $1.79/70% off.

I figured I would be buying any current games through Steam so I picked Classic and got Atlantis: The Lost Tales for $1.79/70% off.
^_^ That's my attitude. Newer games are available from many places and might show up in and indie/Amazon bundle. Quite a few GOG Classics are only available from GOG.

Try again later in the day. The Fallout games are quite good, and well worth playing. Getting them for free is great.

I always feel a little bad getting games like this for free. I went ahead and threw Heroes of Might and Magic III: Complete in my cart. It feels better when I'm spending money on SOMETHING. And it was on sale, and my brother absolutely adores that game.

Had the previous 2 Fallouts already so got Tactics....also Blitzkrieg Anthology 70% off (2.99) from my timeless classics present...alright but not much into war type games.

Got Psychonauts for 75% off.  If they really wanted to drive more sales, they should have made these custom random sales upwards of 85% off or more.

Nice. I already own Fallout 2 from Retail - so, this saves me from digging the disc out. :D

I already own FO1 + FO: Tactics from GOG.

Tried to pick the Timeless Classics, got The Witcher 75% off.

Which I already own on GOG.  For free.  Drat.

Picked Timeless Classics.

It is Normality at 70% off = $1.79.

No thanks.

EDIT:

Yeah, I got Dragon Commander @$22. At least it wasn't 'the game that shall not be named'.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir-s3Cn52FU
I <3 that TV show. :D

bread's done
Back