GOG Deals Thread

Slipstream 5000, $1.79, 70% off.

Every time the Neverwinter Nights games come up I manage not to buy them.  Also, it bothers me that NWN2 Complete is not really complete.

Got thief 2 75% after picking the classic box. Already have it on Steam. GOG really wants me to pick a thief game (the first day was Thief 3)

Slipstream 5000, $1.79, 70% off.

Every time the Neverwinter Nights games come up I manage not to buy them. Also, it bothers me that NWN2 Complete is not really complete.
Wait - what's NWN2: Complete missing?

I thought Mysteries of Westgate was the last expansion/DLC?

I know NWN1 is NOT Complete, missing a bunch of Premium DLC's.

What's missing there = Pirates of the Sword Coast, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr & Infinite Dungeons.

Last edited by a moderator:

What's missing there = Pirates of the Sword Coast, Wyvern Crown of Cormyr & Infinite Dungeons.
NWN1 is incomplete. That is exactly what I meant to say. *ahem*

I still haven't bought either game so they are both incomplete to me. :mrgreen:

I really want Ittle Dew and The Real Texas but there's no way it'll beat Rogue Legacy AND Spelunky :/

My deal was 75% off Psychonauts (which I and the entire rest of the internet already own)

Re-volt and Race the Sun look neat but over half of my Winter Sale budget has already been wiped out by that DnD deal+last weeks Humble Bundles and the Steam sale hasn't even started yet so I think I'll hold off on that. Maybe if there's an encore at the end I'll splurge. 

With all of these doubles and dependence on bundles I wish you could link your Steam and Gog accounts! Or at the very least split your bundle.

Ooh, Re-Volt and Race the Sun, and you can buy them separately...  I'll probably pick them up.

[customspoiler="Wanna guess what my Timeless Classic is?"]
GOG_Witcher.png

I'm surprised they count this as "Timeless Classic"... Today, I'd probably draw the line at 10 year old games.[/customspoiler]

Ooh, Re-Volt and Race the Sun, and you can buy them separately... I'll probably pick them up.

[customspoiler="Wanna guess what my Timeless Classic is?"]
GOG_Witcher.png

I'm surprised they count this as "Timeless Classic"... Today, I'd probably draw the line at 10 year old games.[/customspoiler]
I wonder who doesn't have this now with the giveaways?

If there's someone who doesn't, I still have a gift pack from a couple months ago. If someone wants it, it's theirs. Not to be put in a backlog and not played though - if someone wants it to PLAY. :p

There's a guy on the GOG forums who says its the best game ever and recommends it every chance he gets. But other than him, I've never really seen anyone else talk about it.

Not sure if that helps but its all I got.
Hmmm. Nothing negative is a good thing I guess. I might see if I can find some gameplay vids. Thanks.

There's a guy on the GOG forums who says its the best game ever and recommends it every chance he gets. But other than him, I've never really seen anyone else talk about it.

Not sure if that helps but its all I got.
... that's his joke. His little "thing."

He's the reason why I've never bothered to install the game. :p

My daily was Sacrifice for $2.50. Anyone played it?
Sacrifice is still one of the best RTS games ever made...period. It's a 3rd-person RTS made years ago by Shiny/Interplay. It's a really deep RTS that oddly, only utilizes two resources--mana and souls. Still have my original copy. For $2.50...I'd say definitely get it.

<After more digging...>

Good news, Re-Volt has controller support (though supposedly you want to turn on non-linear input in-game when using).

More good news, buying Race the Sun on GOG will get you a Steam Key as well.

From the Dev's website, bottom of this post.

EVERY CUSTOMER GETS A STEAM KEY

Just to be clear: everyone who owns the game now, or buys it in the future from our website, GOG.com, or anywhere else it becomes available, will get a complimentary Steam key!
These will be delivered via your Flippfly account page (http://flippfly.com/my-account/) around the release date. We’ll send an update via our mailing list when these are available. If you’ve bought the game but haven’t created a Flippfly account – see your Humble download page or your “Game Shelf” on your GOG account page for instructions.
For anyone interested in Race the Sun, there's a version* over on Kongregate (requires the unity plugin). Apparently it was kickstarted.

*Not clear to me if this is a reduced version or not.
Edit: I bought Race the Sun from GOG and got my Steam version quickly and smoothly.

Isn't it incomplete for everyone at this point? I thought even people that bought that content are now locked out due to DLC crap.

Also, can someone with the entire D&D pack set me up with the three I need from it?

Finally, The Last Express for 70% off ($1.79) is my daily. Anyone interested?

Last Express for $1.79? You win the thread. That's quite a steal - everyone should hit you up for a copy. It was on sale a while back for $2.39 and I bought a bunch for my nongamer friends and they loved it.

Well, as I'm sure you all predicted, I broke down and picked up Re-Volt and Race the Sun... and snagging my Race the Sun steam key was quick and easy.
Make sure when you've spent time w/ those games and have lots of impressions and an opinion on them, you share them w/ us. :D

I'd add that Race the Sun has controller support. /phew.. though seems quite playable on the keyboard.

It kinda reminds me of Trackmania

I'm curious is the Kongregate version is procedural or not.
It seems the "usual" gameplay mode is a daily competition with maps that change daily. There are map creation and sharing tools.

Whenever I look at Re-Volt screenshots, I can't help but think how much different it looks from the second game.
That seems to be iOS & Android, and the Android version seems to be F2P (I don't have any iThings)? I've never been fond of racing games on touchscreens.

I'd add that Race the Sun has controller support. /phew.. though seems quite playable on the keyboard.

It kinda reminds me of Trackmania

It seems the "usual" gameplay mode is a daily competition with maps that change daily. There are map creation and sharing tools.
y u no play trackmania with me

GOG's back to its old tricks again, rolling out the package deals. This sale is proving to be much lamer than the Meth Madness sale. 

I spend a little time with Re-Volt. It's gotten a lot of love over the years, so it really doesn't feel like a 14 year old game. It renders in 1920x1200 (my display( with AA. The physics are unique, I haven't gotten a proper hang of them yet. It has 360 controller support. I'd advise grabbing the latest fan-patch, linked from the gogwiki. A lot of this is possible because some dev who worked on the Xbox port leaked the source code. (The original company went under.) Until I get a hang of the physics the keyboard works a little better than the controller for me. It's kinda of it looks like, a zany RC car racer with cart-racer weaponry. At the moment, I'm impressed with the AI, it feels real. If a vintage but actively loved RC car racer / cart racer appeals to you, well it's an easy $2 decision. (And now 30-day money back guarantee from GOG...)

If that doesn't quite appeal to you... Race the Sun (includes steam key) is an easy recommend, with simple to learn, hard to master gameplay (and should probably run on integrated graphics fine). It has a modern soundtrack and aesthetic. Daily prodcedural map sets to complete on. Check out the trailer, and check out the game on Kongregate. It has controller support, but seems to play well with keyboard as well.

y u no play trackmania with me
y u no play trackmania with kitty?

GOG's back to its old tricks again, rolling out the package deals. This sale is proving to be much lamer than the Meth Madness sale.
Every time that D&D bundle comes around, the voices and doubts in my head won't stop... sure you own the D&D Anthology from GG, and no you've barely touched it, and you don't own the NWNs... you should pick it up... you'll regret it and doubt yourself if you don't...

I'm tempted to pay the $21 just to make the voices go away... cheaper than my co-pay...

I spend a little time with Re-Volt. It's gotten a lot of love over the years, so it really doesn't feel like a 14 year old game. It renders in 1920x1200 (my display( with AA. The physics are unique, I haven't gotten a proper hang of them yet. It has 360 controller support. I'd advise grabbing the latest fan-patch, linked from the gogwiki. A lot of this is possible because some dev who worked on the Xbox port leaked the source code. (The original company went under.) Until I get a hang of the physics the keyboard works a little better than the controller for me. It's kinda of it looks like, a zany RC car racer with cart-racer weaponry. At the moment, I'm impressed with the AI, it feels real. If a vintage but actively loved RC car racer / cart racer appeals to you, well it's an easy $2 decision. (And now 30-day money back guarantee from GOG...)

If that doesn't quite appeal to you... Race the Sun (includes steam key) is an easy recommend, with simple to learn, hard to master gameplay (and should probably run on integrated graphics fine). It has a modern soundtrack and aesthetic. Daily prodcedural map sets to complete on. Check out the trailer, and check out the game on Kongregate. It has controller support, but seems to play well with keyboard as well.

y u no play trackmania with kitty?
Wanna friend me on Steam so we can compete on the Race the Sun leaderboards?

Shit, I forgot that I had that D&D collection on Gamersgate and just bought it on GOG literally a minute ago. Now to decide if I want the refund from GOG...
I think the gamersgate ones have some sort of additional DRM if i remember correctly, i would keep the gog ones and try and trade the gamersgate ones if you are still able to gift them

Does anyone know what happens if you buy one of those box discounted games? Can you buy more at the same price/discount, and if not, does it give you a new discount?

Does anyone know what happens if you buy one of those box discounted games? Can you buy more at the same price/discount, and if not, does it give you a new discount?
I was actually wondering the same thing. It gives you an option to gift it, but I wonder if it's a one time thing?

I think the gamersgate ones have some sort of additional DRM if i remember correctly, i would keep the gog ones and try and trade the gamersgate ones if you are still able to gift them
They don't have DRM because they are the same files as the GOG version, which makes sense since they did all the legwork to get it working on modern systems. But the GG version is one huge package at 10GB - you're downloading all of them and then choosing which to install. So I might keep the GOG version since I don't want to download it all at once.

They don't have DRM because they are the same files as the GOG version, which makes sense since they did all the legwork to get it working on modern systems. But the GG version is one huge package at 10GB - you're downloading all of them and then choosing which to install. So I might keep the GOG version since I don't want to download it all at once.
Hmmm I musta been thinking of the NVN Collection on GamersGate then.

It's okay. I appreciate the sentiment :D I'll keep trying to get lucky. You chose the Timeless Classics box, right?
Yes, that's the only one I go for since I'd rather own newer games at Steam.

Again I wish I'd seen this reply too so I could help you get the game. :p Ah well, such is life.

2013 Winter Sale Day 05

RECOMMENDED DEAL

66% Off Space Sim Succession

Wing Commander 5: Prophecy Gold Edition - $1.99
Strike Suit Zero - $6.66
        DLC: Heroes of the Fleet - $2.33
        DLC: Raptor - $0.99

COMMUNITY DEAL

70% or 50% Off  Rougelikelike Bundlelike

FTL: Faster Than Light - $2.99 or $4.99

Rogue Legacy - $4.49 or $7.49

Spelunky - $4.49 or $7.49

The Sword Of The Stars: The Pit - $2.09 or $3.49

DLC: MindGames - $1.49 or $2.49
       DLC: Sword of the Stars: The Pit Gold Edition Upgrade - $0.89 or $1.49

Been choosing the New Worlds option from the start of this sale, much higher chance of something I'd like from that—finally got Lone Survivor ($4.99) today, which has been on my wishlist for a while. Pretty pleased to get it on GOG, and now I'm glad I waited instead of buying it during a Steam sale.

bread's done
Back