GOG Deals Thread

QUEST MADNESS

Police Quest 1-4, Same Quest Price, Same Quest Discount

Last deal was up for about 40 minutes, so that's probably a good baselilne.

It's gonna be a looooooong hour and 20 minutes('ish)...

Bloody SimCity 2000 has been stuck at around 1:20 for about 25 minutes, now.

Ya know what this calls for, don't ya? We need a bunch of people to use the Low Orbit Ion Cannon to do a DDOS attack on GOG's servers for the next hour and a half or so...

Is anyone interested? :p

Ya know what this calls for, don't ya? We need a bunch of people to use the Low Orbit Ion Cannon to do a DDOS attack on GOG's servers for the next hour and a half or so...

And waste a perfectly good opportunity to sit around and complain about something? You got a lot to learn about being a CAG.

When did SimCity 2000 become the new Jack Keane?

When did SimCity 2000 become the new Jack Keane?
When the head haunchos at EA Games instructed all their employees to click the +1 second button, thereby making the sale last about 2000 seconds longer...

Get it? Because EA is a bad company (I believe "EA" stands for "Evil As*holes", if I remember correctly). :rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not much on simulations & city-builders...

...but, what's everyone's opinion for what's the best SimCity game?

I have only played SimCity 4 Deluxe - and I really liked it.

When the head haunchos at EA Games instructed all their employees to click the +1 second button, thereby making the sale last about 2000 seconds longer...

Get it? Because EA is a bad company (I believe "EA" stands for "Evil As*holes", if I remember correctly). :rofl:
45344923.jpg

I forgot about the sale, and assumed I missed something between SimCity 2000 and Wizardry 6+7, but I guess Sim City really did last that long.

I'm not much on simulations & city-builders...
...but, what's everyone's opinion for what's the best SimCity game?

I have only played SimCity 4 Deluxe - and I really liked it.
A bit late for the SC2K sale, but imo: SC4 > SC3K > SC2K. I can't comment on the others as I haven't played them.

I can't remember much about SC2K, but I did play - and enjoy - many hours of it back in the day.
When I first played SC3K, I thought that it was more of the same with bit more polish on the gameplay, and better graphics.
SC4 is quite different to SC3K, and I hated it at first: it appeared more complex and intimidating than 3K did, so I ended up going back to 3K.
However, when I gave 4 another shot years later, I enjoyed it more than 3K (which I'd been playing a week or so before buying SC4.)

But it has DRM! :cry:
It was gifted to me.
And actually, Steam-versions of those don't have CEG.

Wiz6+7 use DosBox - no CEG wrapped on those.

Wiz 8 dont have CEG and that don't work within Steam anyways.

You need to copy that folder to C:\Wiz8.

That game's old - and very picky where it wants stuff installed..

Star Control 1+2, $1.49 (75% off)

Also:  This promotion is 32% less idiotic than the previous GOG Insomnia sale.  Trust me, I did the math.

But yeah, it's still pretty messed up.

Damn, I caught up with the last 10 hours of this thread.... I'm disappointed, I was expecting to get more delight from more suffering.  Star Control is kinda tempting... it was fun back in the day... not sure I'd really play it again though

Damn, I caught up with the last 10 hours of this thread.... I'm disappointed, I was expecting to get more delight from more suffering. Star Control is kinda tempting... it was fun back in the day... not sure I'd really play it again though
Since when is playing games the point?

Damn, I caught up with the last 10 hours of this thread.... I'm disappointed, I was expecting to get more delight from more suffering. Star Control is kinda tempting... it was fun back in the day... not sure I'd really play it again though
Not only to we backlog games, but now we're backlogging message-boards posts on CAG! :D

The worst thing about this sale, definitely, is that everyone being asleep only SPEEDS UP possibly good deals. Come on international CAGs, show us your stuff!

bread's done
Back