GOG Deals Thread

Congrats!
You celebrated w/ burgers + moonshine, right?
I'm allergic to beer ;)
As of June 9, 2014, there are 755 games available on GOG.

Sunasun seems to be performing some sort of moonshine witchcraft on his account.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtfF4QpY_s#t=22

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNGZo5gn_tc
busted.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What is a gem promo?  

They have a Trine promo that is pretty neat.  They have updated Trine 1.  If you already have it, you get the updated version free.  

What is a gem promo?

They have a Trine promo that is pretty neat. They have updated Trine 1. If you already have it, you get the updated version free.
A gem promo is just what they call a sale on a single game. It used to be called the "hidden gem" promo, supposedly to highlight a good but lesser known game by providing a discount. They then started calling the promo "indie gem" or "classic gem" based on the type of game it was, but now it's just called the gem promo.

The Trine promo isn't exclusive to GOG, but is also available on Steam and Humble. Basically, if you bought the PC version of Trine somewhere, you get the upgrade to the Enchanted Edition for free.
http://www.frozenbyte.com/2014/07/enchanted-enchanted/

A gem promo is just what they call a sale on a single game. It used to be called the "hidden gem" promo, supposedly to highlight a good but lesser known game by providing a discount. They then started calling the promo "indie gem" or "classic gem" based on the type of game it was, but now it's just called the gem promo.

The Trine promo isn't exclusive to GOG, but is also available on Steam and Humble. Basically, if you bought the PC version of Trine somewhere, you get the upgrade to the Enchanted Edition for free.
http://www.frozenbyte.com/2014/07/enchanted-enchanted/
I looked yesterday, and it doesn't look like the DRM-free version I got from the Frozen Synapse Humble Bundle has been upgraded; though I e-mailed Humble support. They haven't gotten back to me, of course.

if you buy a game and there are both windows and linux versions, do you get both added to your account?
At GOG, if you buy a game, you buy it, not a specific version of it. Even if an OS compatibility is added to it after you bought it, you'll still get access to that version.

EDIT:
[customspoiler=kitty'd]
Hello_Kitty_69.png
[/customspoiler]

Those screenies make it look like one of DotEmu's trademarked Hackjob Ports, so it probably isn't any good to begin with. :(
You're correct. In the GOG reviews there are complaints about moving at half-speed.

I was reading earlier that the "2010 Edition" is is just some upscaling of the 1999 Windows re-release that has some controls issues, including half-speed movement (w/keyboard). There's problems with using keyboard AND mouse to play it. Also the MIDI was converted to some crappy .WAV files. It seems like a real fan would prefer to hunt down a DOS copy.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raptor:_Call_of_the_Shadows

Yeah me too...Also wanted to pick up Freespace 2 (I think the campaign from FS1 was redone by mods in 2?), the Rednecks and maybe a few others....ah well, I can wait GOG, I can wait.....
Outside of that crazy Interplay bundle (which was the entire catalog for $35), the only time the Interplay games ever go on sale for more than 50% off is during the insomnia sales. Interplay actually raised the prices of their most popular games on GOG about a year and a half ago. So these guys aren't about getting you games for crazy low prices.

EDIT: All their games were $5.99 (base price) before the price hike. So anything listed on sale at $4.99 ($9.99 base price) is a game that had it's price increased.

Yeah,  I see that FS2 dropped to $4 over X-Mas (Insomnia?, Can't remember).  Thought maybe with Steam having Freespace games now maybe there would be a chance that there would be some lower prices.  Wanted to buy FS2 through GOG vs Steam (can't remember why, GOG has some content? something else? that isn't present on Steam), but if I can get a lower price on FS2 thru Putin-Land Steam, I may go that route...

Re: The other interplay games, I'll just wait 'til the next Insomnia/Black Friday/Festivus GOG sale....

Eh 50% off.....bleh I have most of the Interplay games I want to play though. That Paris sale is aight though and Arklash Legacy keeps tempting me more and more.

I have Freespace 2 on GOG already....sounds like the Steam ports are riddled with you must fix them like many of the other older games released a while back (such as the Commandos games...ugg these were a pain to run. The first one never ran correctly for me so I gladly bought it on GOG). GOG all the way for older games unless the Steam versions are actually set up to run decently, or are bundled, or are extremely cheap. Just my humble opinion of course but for older games even if I have to pay a bit more GOG is the way to go.

It should probably be pointed out that BloodRayne can be had for pretty cheap in the current Groupees Build-A-Bundle. If you buy it through that bundle, you will get a GOG key.

You must choose at least 2 games from the selection, and most of the games (including BloodRayne) are $0.50 a piece. So depending on your selection, you could get the game (and another game) for as little as $1.

I recently bought BloodRayne (& BR2) during the GOG summer sale, and I paid $1.49. At the time, that was a historic low price. So this is a pretty good deal if you're interested in the game.

EDIT: The Bundle has ended.

It should probably be pointed out that BloodRayne can be had for pretty cheap in the current Groupees Build-A-Bundle. If you buy it through that bundle, you will get a GOG key.

You must choose at least 2 games from the selection, and most of the games (including BloodRayne) are $0.50 a piece. So depending on your selection, you could get the game (and another game) for as little as $1.

I recently bought BloodRayne (& BR2) during the GOG summer sale, and I paid $1.49. At the time, that was a historic low price. So this is a pretty good deal if you're interested in the game.
Thanks. I remember surprisingly enjoying Bloodrayne on Xbox. I picked this up with Isomer.

And the historic low before that was $1.79, back in March, which I paid like an idiot, along with $2.99 on BR2, also, at the time, a historic low.

:wall:

Watch them both be free by the end of the year.

And the historic low before that was $1.79, back in March, which I paid like an idiot, along with $2.99 on BR2, also, at the time, a historic low.

:wall:

Watch them both be free by the end of the year.
and on that day, it will become apparent why this is appropriate

22539435.jpg

Looks like some Witcher Adventurre game/gog galaxy betas are being sent out. I just got one and it comes with a key for a friend
Funny thing is, the first time I tried to run it the DRM wouldn't let me in. :lol:

Apparently, you have to be logged into the Galaxy launcher beta version it comes with for it run. Even then it's not soloable from what I can tell. You can make a private game but then it just sits and waits forever for you to give the game name to your friends and get their asses in the game too.

Well, since it hasn't been posted yet....

Weekend Promo

70% Off A Midsummer Gamer's Dream

1nsane - $2.99
Blade of Darkness - $1.79
Cannon Fodder - $1.79
Cannon Fodder 2 - $1.79
Combat Chess - $1.79
Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord - $2.99
Darkstar One - $2.99
Disciples 2 Gold - $2.99
Disciples: Sacred Lands Gold - $1.79
Enemy Engaged: Apache vs Havoc - $1.79
Enemy Engaged: Comanche vs Hokum - $1.79
FlatOut - $1.79
FlatOut 2 - $2.99
Ghost Master - $1.79
I.G.I. 2: Covert Strike - $2.99
Jagged Alliance - $1.79
Jagged Alliance 2 - $2.99
Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games - $1.79
Leisure Suit Larry - $2.99
Leisure Suit Larry: Love for Sail! - $1.79
Leisure Suit Larry: Magna Cum Laude: Uncut and Uncensored! - $1.79
O.R.B. Off-World Resource Base - $1.79
Overlord + Raising Hell - $2.99
Patrician 3 - $1.79
Port Royale 2 - $1.79
Race Driver: GRID - $4.49
Sacred Gold - $2.99
Sensible Soccer 2006 - $2.99
Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 - $1.79
Space Empires IV: Deluxe - $2.99
Strategic Command: European Theater - $2.99

There is also a special promo on Papers Please. Not sure how long it lasts. There doesn't seem to be any info on it right now. But it's listed as an "Anniversary Sale", and today is the one year anniversary of it's release. So...make of that what you will.

50% Off Papers Please! $4.99

bread's done
Back