GOG Deals Thread

Anybody have a copy of Evil Genius I can buy off of them? Was going to pick it up but it totally slipped my mind.
I'm guessing that it after the six days of sales they will repeat all of the deals on the seventh day, so you should try checking back on Sunday.

Looks like I'm getting Alone In The Dark today.
I wouldn't want to be alone in the dark with that waifu.

480px-YunoAxe.jpg

I wouldn't want to be alone in the dark with that waifu.

480px-YunoAxe.jpg
You just can't find a woman these days with that kind of true devotion. Just look at how that happy smiling face contrasts so adorably with that axe. Only Yuno Gasai can make an axe seem so moe.

Age of Wonders is superb... but the graphics are dated now. All depends how you can handle it..
I was going to buy this before I checked Steam which led me to ITAD which led me to the Humble Triumph & Larian bundle which led me to my Humble library page where I could clearly see games two and three on my download list: Age of Wonders and AOW Shadow Magic. Of course if I had been signed on to Steam I would have seen that I already owned AOW due to JShackles' wizard nature and could have saved some clicking.

I'm going to load it up tonight and see if it is indeed superb. Old graphics are nostalgic for me so that's not a problem. I wonder if the Humble DRM free version is the same as GOG's?

GOG's 6th Birthday Promo Year Four

Tales of Monkey Island $6.99
SimCity™ 2000 Special Edition $2.39
Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse $6.99
Quest for Glory 1-5 $3.99
Ultima™ 7 The Complete Edition $2.39
Thief™ Gold $3.39
Deus Ex™ GOTY Edition $2.99
Populous™: The Beginning $2.39
Syndicate Plus™ $2.39
King of Dragon Pass $1.99
Legend of Grimrock $4.49
Assassin\'s Creed®: Director\'s Cut $4.99
Colonization, Sid Meier\'s $1.99
Alan Wake $5.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 $1.49
Resonance $2.49
Pirates! Gold Plus $1.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.99
Botanicula $3.39
Uplink: Hacker Elite $1.49
Torchlight $2.99
Anachronox $1.49
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey $5.99
Time Commando $1.99

Age of Wonders was in a Humble Bundle? I didn't remember that at all and found the e-mail in my inbox unread. How'd I miss it? It was pretty recent too.

Funny video for Time Commando:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSTD2I8kWRM

Yeah I did but I like CAGs point of views and also to get a laugh when many people including myself say they played a game for like 20 minutes and now have a strong opinion on it. 

Yeah I did but I like CAGs point of views and also to get a laugh when many people including myself say they played a game for like 20 minutes and now have a strong opinion on it.
I dunno...didn't seem to have aged well to me....kinda like Alone in the Dark...loved it when it first came out.....now, not so much...

Very likely and yes the Alone in the Dark games have aged horribly. I remember getting a bunch of older games in an old PCGamer and having Alone in the Dark among them. I played it then and it felt old and clunky even then. This was many years ago too.

Last edited by a moderator:
True... The first AitD trilogy is unplayable today. But the next game (titled Alone in the Dark) is good and playable. Time Commando seems to be really clunky now.

GOG's 6th Birthday Promo Year Four

Tales of Monkey Island $6.99
SimCity™ 2000 Special Edition $2.39
Sam & Max: The Devil’s Playhouse $6.99
Quest for Glory 1-5 $3.99
Ultima™ 7 The Complete Edition $2.39
Thief™ Gold $3.39
Deus Ex™ GOTY Edition $2.99
Populous™: The Beginning $2.39
Syndicate Plus™ $2.39
King of Dragon Pass $1.99
Legend of Grimrock $4.49
Assassin\'s Creed®: Director\'s Cut $4.99
Colonization, Sid Meier\'s $1.99
Alan Wake $5.99
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver $1.49
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 $1.49
Resonance $2.49
Pirates! Gold Plus $1.99
Tomb Raider 1+2+3 $2.99
Botanicula $3.39
Uplink: Hacker Elite $1.49
Torchlight $2.99
Anachronox $1.49
Dreamfall: The Longest Journey $5.99
Time Commando $1.99
I picked up Pirates Gold Plus and King of Dragon Pass in the insomnia sale and I have to say that I've really enjoyed having both in my backlog.

I picked up Pirates Gold Plus and King of Dragon Pass in the insomnia sale and I have to say that I've really enjoyed having both in my backlog.
Me too! I may have added Ultima 7 and Quest For Glory at the same time. So much DRM free backloggery! My Steam backlog is getting a little nervous.

So is Colonization worth playing if I already have CIV IV: Colonization which according to the description is a "re-imagining of the classic Colonization game"?

And by playing I mean backlogging of course.

Me too! I may have added Ultima 7 and Quest For Glory at the same time. So much DRM free backloggery! My Steam backlog is getting a little nervous.

So is Colonization worth playing if I already have CIV IV: Colonization which according to the description is a "re-imagining of the classic Colonization game"?

And by playing I mean backlogging of course.
I would just recommend the Civ 4 version. It's a lot more mainstreamed and easier to play. Hell even back then Colonization was hard to play compared to Civ 1.

I would just recommend the Civ 4 version. It's a lot more mainstreamed and easier to play. Hell even back then Colonization was hard to play compared to Civ 1.
Good to know. People seem to prefer the original Pirates! over the remake available on Steam so I wondered if Colonization was the same.

Good to know. People seem to prefer the original Pirates! over the remake available on Steam so I wondered if Colonization was the same.
I liked the new Pirates!, but the original was a lot better. About colonization, I never liked the original that much, and I loved Civ 1 & 2

Last edited by a moderator:
I dunno...didn't seem to have aged well to me....kinda like Alone in the Dark...loved it when it first came out.....now, not so much...
How do you feel about Resident Evil 1 in comparison? I was real close to getting Alone in the Dark and was concerned about the aging- I don't have any problems playing RE1.

Also, was that the best price on AitD so far?

Okay so far this sale it's been.

Alone In The Dark 1+2+3

Tomb Raider 1+2+3

Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver 1+2

Leisure Suit Larry 1+2+3+5+6

So that happened for me.

Year 5 has nothing of interest...  the good stuff you already have.  The other stuff is worth avoiding.  

FTL, and System Shock 2 are the nice ones.

Bards Tale and Carmaggeddon people enjoy...  

There's an Indietastic weekend promo but no deals to speak of.

http://www.gog.com/promo/indietastic_weekend_promo_120914

The Shivah sounds kind of interesting. It's about a Rabbi who looks to have to close down his synagogue until one of his members die and leaves him a significant amount of money. What happens next? Find out on the next episode of The Shivah.
You may mock the premise, but it's got a really good story. This game got me interested in adventure games again.

You may mock the premise, but it's got a really good story. This game got me interested in adventure games again.
I'm not mocking it at all. It really sounds kind of interesting, though the reported short length of the game and religious theme does give me pause. It looks kind of like Indigo Prophecy, where the game starts off really strong and then the last third delves into angels and demons and stuff, and you're like "What just happened?"

I'm not mocking it at all. It really sounds kind of interesting, though the reported short length of the game and religious theme does give me pause. It looks kind of like Indigo Prophecy, where the game starts off really strong and then the last third delves into angels and demons and stuff, and you're like "What just happened?"
I meant the whole "in the next episode" thing, not anything else.

And yeah I was hesitant to play it because of the religious things in it at first, but the game doesn't try to teach you religion. The writer used it as a story device, and people of -any faith- (and atheists) will find the story interesting. It's not about religion, it's about being good.

It's... hard to explain. I know.

And no, there's no demons and whatever. This is all about humans and the evils that surround and overtake us.

Crap. I was hoping to get Planescape Torment when it would be on sale one of these days, but I missed it since I thought wishlisting it would send an email alert when it happened. 

Crap. I was hoping to get Planescape Torment when it would be on sale one of these days, but I missed it since I thought wishlisting it would send an email alert when it happened.
The sale price for it was $3.99. You're probably better off just waiting for GOG's next seasonal sale, I think it's cheaper than that as part of the D&D bundle they always do, even if you don't go in on the rest of the bundle.

It's worth keeping an eye on GamersGate for this, especially if you have any interest in its siblings. They often have the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection on sale for $4.99 (last week) and has hit a low of $3.99 (last month).

I looked at it and thought... oh, this is by wadjet. :) Nice that they used their engine to produce more stories. :) I enjoyed the 1st couple of Blackwell...
It's Adventure Game Studio, it's a commonly used freeware adventure game creation tool.

They're just better at using it than a lot of folks. :p

I think this is the first birthday promo day where I have none of the items (on GOG) on the sale list. How the hell do I not have Heretic Kingdoms?! I could swear the last time they had a crazy-ass insomnia sale that that was the one thing I wanted to grab.

I think this is the first birthday promo day where I have none of the items (on GOG) on the sale list. How the hell do I not have Heretic Kingdoms?! I could swear the last time they had a crazy-ass insomnia sale that that was the one thing I wanted to grab.
The last insomnia sale was pretty much utter chaos, as I recall. Lot of people ended up not being able to grab some of the stuff they were looking for, at least not without assistance.

Someone guessed it - today is a recap day, so grab the stuff you missed from the previous days. There's four pages and It looks like every game is there for their previous prices.

Someone guessed it - today is a recap day, so grab the stuff you missed from the previous days. There's four pages and It looks like every game is there for their previous prices.
Thanks so much for the heads up! Finally grabbed Sanitarium, one of my long wished games from my childhood :)

bread's done
Back