GOG Deals Thread

Ah now time to ponder some games, I missed Thunderscape before so I'll get that but not sure of the rest.
I never heard of this game and checked it out at your mention - the trailer video on GOG (the introduction) is so freaking epic! So I rushed over to YouTube to watch some gameplay videos, and it just seems like one of those games that are awesome in the beginning but you come to hate it as you continue to play. At least that's what happened with the dude who livestreamed it. There seems to be some difficult platforming sections.

Last edited by a moderator:
The sale price for it was $3.99. You're probably better off just waiting for GOG's next seasonal sale, I think it's cheaper than that as part of the D&D bundle they always do, even if you don't go in on the rest of the bundle.
It's worth keeping an eye on GamersGate for this, especially if you have any interest in its siblings. They often have the Dungeons & Dragons Anthology: The Master Collection on sale for $4.99 (last week) and has hit a low of $3.99 (last month).
Thanks, but I'm mainly interested in Planescape, so I grabbed it. If I enjoy it enough, I'll grab the bundle later to check out the other games.

Thanks, but I'm mainly interested in Planescape, so I grabbed it. If I enjoy it enough, I'll grab the bundle later to check out the other games.
I meant to say I'm pretty sure I remember it being cheaper all by itself when GOG runs the D&D bundle during their seasonal sales.

Is this the cheapest Alone in the Dark has been? I don't think it went on sale in the Insomnia or Summer sale at least.
http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=aloneindarkiplusiiplusiii

Apparently it's only twenty cents more than it's historical low point. Says it was 289 days ago so I'm guessing that was the Christmas sale.

Also, did GOG remove games showing up as "owned" on their product pages or is that a problem on my end? I know people have said you can't tell on this odd grid layout but it won't even show up on their individual pages for me. Makes it a real pain in the ass.

(Talkinrock impression)

You feel better now?
Your impression of a certain codger is lacking. :whistle2:

I've been in East Asia for the past few months, mostly without net access. So, I'll end up skimming through the posts in this thread every few days, but due to lack of free time and internet availability, I have to resort to the elusive and ancient art form known as *lurking.*

But it *does* make me well chuffed to know that my particular flavour of madness is at least welcome *somewhere* in this godforsaken universe of ours... :whee:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/price?plain=aloneindarkiplusiiplusiii

Apparently it's only twenty cents more than it's historical low point. Says it was 289 days ago so I'm guessing that was the Christmas sale.

Also, did GOG remove games showing up as "owned" on their product pages or is that a problem on my end? I know people have said you can't tell on this odd grid layout but it won't even show up on their individual pages for me. Makes it a real pain in the ass.
Thanks, was not aware of that site!

[quote name="asheskitty" post="12099768" timestamp="1410899794"]Damn, I missed 50% off Cockroach Simulator.[/quote]
You missed a great survival horror simulator.

80% Off Pew Pew Promo! Have a very shooty weekend, everyone.

Alien Shooter + Expansions - $1.99
Alien Shooter 2: Reloaded - $1.99
Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender - $2.39
Chaos Engine, The - $3.99
Expendable - $2.39
Incoming + Incoming Forces - $2.39
Luftrausers - $2.99
PixelJunk Shooter - $1.79

POSTAL: Classic and Uncut - $2.39
POSTAL 2 - $3.99
Raiden Legacy - $3.99
Raptor: Call of the Shadows 2010 Edition - $2.39
Ring Runner: Flight of the Sages - $2.99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat - $7.99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky - $3.99
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl - $7.99
Signal Ops - $4.99
SiN Gold - $3.99
Slave Zero - $2.39
Strike Suit Zero: Director's Cut - $4.99
Symphony - $3.99
Tower of Guns - $4.99

{Too lazy to do the direct links.}
Meh, good enough.

Hmm is 20 for the three stalker games the lowest these games get? I've been on the fence for a while now
Not by a long shot. I got two of them separately and one in an Amazon bundle way back for <$16 total with a bunch of extra games, all on Steam. Though, it's been a while since the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games have had a reasonable non-bundle discount. Since THQ left the picture at least.

Hmm is 20 for the three stalker games the lowest these games get? I've been on the fence for a while now
Look at their price history in http://isthereanydeal.com/

Decent sales have been rare in recent-ish past.

I had SoC from some Amazon bundle and picked up CS & CoP for $7.48 (total, probably $2.49 & $4.99 respectively) on the 2013 Steam Summer Sale.

Thanks for posting that. Not really interested in the game but would much rather have GOG keys than Steam keys. It's a shame they're so rare.

It's rare because there are a handful of people that care about drm free crap

Typically it's as Motoki says only "euro trash" care.
Humble bundles used to ask for DRM free builds as a requirement, but they stopped that some time ago. The problem is GOG's key policy, they don't hand them out for free the same way Steam does. If they did, then many more indie sales would feature GOG keys.

Humble bundles used to ask for DRM free builds as a requirement, but they stopped that some time ago. The problem is GOG's key policy, they don't hand them out for free the same way Steam does. If they did, then many more indie sales would feature GOG keys.
What is their key policy. Groupees gets them....I think this "key policy" thing is a bunch of baloney. Nobody cares about GOG keys. That's why there aren't as many

DRM-free is still a requirement for the Humble Indie Bundles and (I think) the Humble PC and Android Bundles. Weeklies do not have the requirement, nor do publisher-specific main bundles. The Humble Jumbo Bundles were their solution for offering main bundles with games that couldn't or wouldn't do the DRM-free thing.

Alright, I'll do it...again

Weekend Promo

60% off Fall Favorites from Atari & Kalypso

Alone in the Dark - $2.39
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare - $2.39

Blood: One Unit Whole Blood - $2.39
Blood 2: The Blood Group - $2.39
Ceville - $3.99
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, The - $5.99
Cultures 1+2 - $3.99
Cultures: Northland + 8th Wonder of the World - $3.99

Independence War Deluxe - $2.39
Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos - $2.39
Krush Kill 'N Destroy Xtreme - $2.39
Krush Kill 'N Destroy 2: Krossfire - $2.39
Locomotion, Chris Sawyer's - $2.39
Master of Magic - $2.39
Omerta: City of Gangsters (4 DLCs included) - $7.99
Omerta: City of Gangsters Gold Edition - $11.99

DLC: Omerta: The Japanese Incentive - $5.99
Patrician 1+2 - $2.39
Port Royale - $2.39
Powerslide - $2.39

RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe - $2.39
RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack - $3.99
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum! - $7.99
Tropico Reloaded - $2.39
Tropico 3 Gold Edition - $5.99

Not gonna bother with the direct links though.

Gem Promo

50% Off
ce2901acb9_golf-clap.gif

Weekend Promo

60% Off Ubisoft Classics

Anvil of Dawn - $2.39
Assassin's Creed: Director's Cut - $7.99
Battle Isle: The Andosia War - $2.39
Battle Isle Platinum (includes Incubation) - $3.99
Beyond Good & Evil - $3.99
Crusaders of Might and Magic - $2.39
Driver: Parallel Lines - $3.99
Far Cry - $3.99
Far Cry 2: Fortune's Edition - $3.99
Heritage of Kings: The Settlers - $3.99
Heroes Chronicles: All chapters - $3.99
Heroes of Might and Magic - $3.99
Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Gold - $3.99
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete - $3.99
Heroes of Might and Magic 4: Complete - $3.99
Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Bundle - $7.99
Imperialism - $2.39
Imperialism 2: The Age of Exploration - $2.39
Might and Magic 6-pack Limited Edition - $3.99
Might and Magic 7: For Blood and Honor - $2.39
Might and Magic 8: Day of the Destroyer - $2.39
Might and Magic 9 - $2.39
Panzer General 2 - $3.99
Panzer General 3D Assault - $3.99
POD Gold - $2.39
Prince of Persia - $3.99
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones - $3.99
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within - $3.99
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - $3.99
Rayman 2: The Great Escape - $2.39
Rayman 3: Hoodlum Havoc - $2.39
Rayman Forever - $2.39
Rayman Origins - $7.99
Settlers 2: 10th Anniversary, The - $3.99
Settlers 2: Gold Edition, The - $3.99
Settlers 3: Ultimate Collection, The - $3.99
Settlers 4: Gold Edition, The - $3.99
Silent Hunter 2 - $3.99
Speed Busters: American Highways - $2.39
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon - $3.99
Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six - $3.99
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - $3.99
Warlords Battlecry - $2.39
Warlords Battlecry 2 - $2.39

If this post gets 100 likes by the end of the day, I'll do the direct links for the games.

I know there used to be a huge to-do about the DRM on the Sands of Time trilogy on PC. Did Ubisoft ever fix whatever people were bitching about on other stores/was the bitching ever justified?
I believe one had starforce and another had an always online requirement. That's all been removed from the steam versions.

bread's done
Back