GOG Deals Thread

Looks like gog has started adding movies to the flash deals. Who here actually wants to buy Indie Game: The Movie?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name="Drabelincoln" post="12238397" timestamp="1415935039"]yeah i mean its not like you'd never get a new laptop[/quote]
I never got a new laptop after my last one died. I went to a desktop.

Has anyone here played the sacred games? Thinking getting them.
Yep - I have both Sacred 1: Gold and Sacred 2 Gold.

Just note - Sacred 2 Gold has been in bundles in Steam-versions ultra-cheap - i.e. Sacred 2 was in a Deep Silver Humble Bundle in the $1 tier. Of course, those Steam-versions are laced w/ Steam's CEG DRM.

If you're a GOG-fan and you like DRM-FREE - this is the best price I've seen on S2: Gold for a DRM-FREE version. I have a DRM-FREE version from Gamersgate, BTW - bought it long ago.

Anyways - they're both ARPG's like Diablo. Sacred 1: Gold is mostly 2D, while Sacred 2 is in full blown 3D. I never finished Sacred 1, but I did finish Sacred 2's base-game (Fallen Angel); never completed the expansion areas in S2: Gold.

The thing with Sacred series is - it's nowhere as serious as Diablo, is a bit more colorful (not gritty + grimy - i.e. D1+D2's gothic-look and color palette is gritty + grimy) + has a good amount of in-jokes too. Don't expect a worthwhile story + characters here in Sacred games - you are here to grind, upgrade + loot like crazy. If you wanted an open-world version of a Diablo game - Sacred series is your ticket. Big game-world, tons to do, lots to explore...so if you want to grind, loot, and do side-quests galore - Sacred's for you.

Now, the bad - Sacred series has always a pain in the ass to run properly period, even back in the day when they came out; and now even more so on modern-OS's now. Sacred series has always had issues.

Sacred 2 talk - I don't know if GoG fixed the booting-up issue w/ Sacred 2. So, if it won't boot - it's probably the PhysX issue. If it boots no problem - don't worry about it. If it won't boot on modern PC's: you likely will need either the new Legacy Drivers for PhysX from Nvidia (if you got NVidia card, go this route) or the old Aegia PhysX drivers (don't know if they ship w/ GOG version). You also should get the latest Community Patch for Sacred 2, as well. Also, you likely do not use Ultra Textures - b/c it was only built for Sacred 2: Fallen Angel base-game, not the Gold Edition (which contains Ice + Blood expansion + engine) - or else, expect freezes, crashes, CTD's, stutters, and other nonsense.

Also, this paragraph here goes for both Sacred 1 + 2. If you're on Win 7 (or above) - be prepare to set compatibility settings in your game's Properties. Set it to Win XP SP2; Turn off any Aero crap (Disable Desktop Comp + Visual Themes); and Run as Admin. This should stop any weird issues from Intro movies not playing, game not booting, and other graphical nonsense that can occur.

Daily Deals
Theme Rollercoaster Bundle - $10.46(75% off)
Spiderweb RPGs Bundle - $7.00(85% off)
OR
Rollercoaster Tycoon: Deluxe - $2.39(60% off)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack - $3.99(60% off)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum! - $7.99(60% off)
Theme Park - $2.39(60% off)
Geneforge Saga - $5.99(60% off)
Avernum: The Complete Saga - $4.79(60% off)
Avadon: The Black Fortress - $3.99(60% off)
Avadon 2: The Corruption - $3.99(60% off)

Current Flash Deals
Dustforce - $1.99(80% off)
Kentucky Route Zero Season Pass - $12.49(50% off)
Oddworld: Abe's Exodus - $1.49(75% off)
Fractured Soul - $1.99(80% off)

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey - $2.99(80% off)

Don't Starve - $4.99(67% off)

Don't Starve: Reign of Giants - $2.99(40% off)

Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe - $1.99(75% off)

Postal 2 - $1.49(85% off)

rc is on fire... Now I check CAG just to read his sarcastic comments... Saves me even more money!
Mike_fake_piano.gif

GOG is sooooooo close today with getting a sale from me on the RollerCoaster Tycoon games...I could pick them up for 75% off (already have Theme Park) so $9. I thought about it. Or I could wait to get them on a Steam Sale for $12. Probably wait for Steam...why? I've got GabeN bucks burning a hole in my pocket or I could buy them from Putinland for prob $6 total. So sorry-o GOG.

I'm not anti-GOG, I'm just a CHEAP ASS GAMER. In order to make it into my backlog (I do consider GOG to be part of my backlog), an "expensive" game has to have some chance that I'm going to play it soon. A "cheap" game needs to hit a certain price point ($2 or less?) before I'll consider letting my backlog eat it.

I actually like GOG, like their website layout overall, like my simulated wood-grain bookshelf. I even like the cray cray insomnia-type sales...Jack Keane getting stuck in the poop chute was hilarious!

GOG please change your name to GOGTSDHAAC : Good Old Games That Steam Doesn't Have and are Cheap

TRUTH!

I am so proud of myself.  Have been tempted by numerous games, but been able to just say no so far.  
Nexus is the one that is currently teasing me...  

The ability to take time and think is HUGE.  As well as the burn from my latest impulse purchase of Tex Murphy from gog....

Those Insomnia sales do not afford me that luxury...  

I don't know, but I think the GOG sale been underwhelming.

A lot of stuff I'm interested got something that ain't doing it for me.

Reasons below:

1. Some just ain't got enough percent off - like NWN2: Complete is only 50% at $9.99....which is a great bang-for-your-buck if you own NOTHING in the NWN2 saga, BTW.

I only really need it from GOG for Mysteries of Westgate + to have a DRM-FREE copy; I already got the rest from Retail, years ago.

2. Some just been bundled elsewhere (likely having Steam-versions) - and have had better deals elsewhere.

3. Some games, I already own on GOG or elsewhere (like Steam) - and for some reason, ain't looking for another copy...could be for many reasons.

I'm waiting on the Journeyman Project games, some of the later Zork games and the goofy and unintentionally hilarious Phantasmagoria series, but 50% off ain't cuttin' it...

1. Some just ain't got enough percent off - like NWN2: Complete is only 50% at $9.99....which is a great bang-for-your-buck if you own NOTHING in the NWN2 saga, BTW.
I'm waiting for NWN2 Complete to get to $2.50-ish in the Complete D&D bundle they do (I own everything else there on GOG). I actually have vanilla through the Mac App Store, but for some reason it hates my trackpad; hopefully it works better on Windows.

I'm waiting for NWN2 Complete to get to $2.50-ish in the Complete D&D bundle they do (I own everything else there on GOG). I actually have vanilla through the Mac App Store, but for some reason it hates my trackpad; hopefully it works better on Windows.
NWN2: Complete for $2.50 on GOG - if that ever happened, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat.

It'd namely be to get Westgate expansion (I'm missing that period) + the entire collection w/out any DRM.

Just worth mentioning - for those missing it, wanting another copy, and/or looking for it DRM-FREE...

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey is 80% off @ $2.99 currently on GOG.

I don't think it's been in any bundles or anything.

It's not as cheap as it was on Nuuvum before at $2.20 (which we don't know what version is it was there, as it ain't listed on Nuvvum's page. Did anyone buy it from them ever or when it was that cheap?.

Though, this GOG price ain't too much difference + is DRM-FREE:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=dreamfalllongestjourney

Now, if only the new Dreamfall Chapters: Season Pass was that cheap... ;)

NWN2: Complete for $2.50 on GOG - if that ever happened, I'd be all over that in a heartbeat.
It'd namely be to get Westgate expansion (I'm missing that period) + the entire collection w/out any DRM.
It's been $3.99 as part of that bundle since it made it to GOG. Once the newness (by GOG standards) wears off, they'll start discounting it to match up more with the rest, though.

Dangit, want Dreamfall but want to play the first one before hand and I don't think I remember that going 75%/80% :(  Hmmm Postal 2.

NWN1 was a pain in the ass to get running :(

Dangit, want Dreamfall but want to play the first one before hand and I don't think I remember that going 75%/80% :(
I did see The Longest Journey on sale at 80% off the other night when I was trying to get the second stamp to work. It'll probably be back on sale at some point. Also, the Steam version was in a groupees Be Mine and there are probably plenty of keys still floating around from that.

In other words, just get Dreamfall while it's cheap. You only need to play them in order, not buy them in order.

So, Runaway series pricing-talk...

Runaway: A Road Adventure [part 1 of the series] is right now $2 on GOG currently.

According to ITAD - this is matching the cheapest it has been.

GameStop had it for $2 (before taxes); and their version's on Steam.

GOG's version is DRM-FREE, of course.

Has Runaway: The Dream of the Turtle [part 2 in the series] + Runaway: A Twist of Fate [part 3 in the series] been on sale in this GOG sale yet?

Also: I have a 80% off coupon for Runaway: A Twist of Fate in my Steam Inventory, which recently showed-up; which would make that $2. That coupon's good until 11/20.

Has any of these games been in any Bundles like Groupees, IndieGala, etc before?

The big Pendulo Package on Steam has been $10 on Steam before, according to ITAD - which when on sale at that price, would make each game in the pack (The Runaway Trilogy, The Next Big Thing, and Yesterday) essentially cost $2.50.

So, Runaway series pricing-talk...

Runaway: A Road Adventure [part 1 of the series] is $2 on GOG currently.

According to ITAD - this is matching the cheapest it has been.

GameStop had it for $2 (before taxes); and their version's on Steam.

GOG's version is DRM-FREE.

Has Runaway : The Dream of the Turtle [part 2 in the series] + Runaway: A Twist of Fate [part 3 in the series] been on sale in this GOG sale yet?

Also: I have a 80% off coupon for Runaway: A Twist of Fate in my Steam Inventory, which recently showed-up; which would make that $2.

Has any of these games been in any Bundles like Groupees, IndieGala, etc before?

The big Pendulo Package on Steam has been $10 on Steam before, according to ITAD - which when on sale at that price, would make each game in the pack (The Runaway Trilogy, The Next Big Thing, and Yesterday) essentially cost $2.50.
or you could...you know buy the whole pendulo adventure pack on steam from a russian for like 4 dollars when it goes on sale for 75%

Daily Deals
Heroes of Might and Magic Series Bundle - $14.95(75% off)
Deponia Trilogy Bundle - $8.97(85% off)
OR
Heroes of Might and Magic - $3.99(60% off)
Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Gold - $3.99(60% off)
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete - $3.99(60% off)
Heroes of Might and Magic 4: Complete - $3.99(60% off)
Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Bundle - $7.99(60% off)
Deponia - $7.99(60% off)
Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia - $7.99(60% off)
Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia - $7.99(60% off)

Current Flash Sales
Sanitarium - $1.99(80% off)

To The Moon - $1.99(80% off)
Evoland - $1.99(80% off)
Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings, The - $2.99(85% off)
Blazblue Calamity Trigger - $3.39(66% off)
Disciples: Sacred Lands Gold - $1.49(75% off)
A Golden Wake - $9.99(33% off)
Super Time Force Ultra - $9.99(33% off)
1849 - $4.49(75% off)

Flash deals be repeatin' like crazy yo.

Wow you guys weren't kidding about repeat sales.  There's been several games that were on the flash sale countdown a few days ago that are on it again now.  Sacred, Space Colony...I recognize the reviews...

I may bite on the Heroes bundle.  I still have 2 and 3 working fine but a GOG version might be more convenient.  Anyone know if the Wake of Gods can be added to 3 through the GOG version?  (just in case)

Just a quick heads up - The Longest Journey is going back on sale in four minutes or so.  Presumably it'll be 80% off again.

EDIT: Yes, it's 80% off.  And yes, you want to play this game if you never have.

I did see The Longest Journey on sale at 80% off the other night when I was trying to get the second stamp to work. It'll probably be back on sale at some point. Also, the Steam version was in a groupees Be Mine and there are probably plenty of keys still floating around from that.

In other words, just get Dreamfall while it's cheap. You only need to play them in order, not buy them in order.
Thanks for the input! I just grabbed Longest Journey and will grab Dreamfall the next time it is us on this sale or next. Not the cheapest but DRM free at least, what the hell, $2 isn't going to break me.

GOG doesn't list windows 7. Anyone know if it's compatible?
I haven't played the GOG version, but with the Steam one, only a few basic compatibility tweaks are required to get it to work. I'm 99% sure it runs fairly flawlessly, but you might want to hit up your old mate Google just to be sure... Still, I'd say you have a fair bet it will work, especially given GOG's fantastic reputation over said competition for having their catalogue be pretty Windows 7 compatible practically out of the box [customspoiler="*cough cough*"] step up your act, Newell.[/customspoiler]

P.S. - Oh, and my haul for this sale is now up to 29 of MysterD's precious toasters games, so naturally you can tell I am completely and utterly loathing this promo. :whee: :whee:

P.P.S. - And yes—because I know at least one of the billions of plebs here in the CAG community is just dying to know—I am purchasing these to burn onto discs for the family zombie shelter... Ya know, when Z-Day hits, all those sad sods of nuclear families and far spectrum conspiracists out there will be fully stocked up on MREs, water filters, pharmaceuticals, and all that other crackin' jazz. Me? Well, at least I'll be able to sleep at night knowing I *just* finished King of Dragon Pass for the 9015th time (and also allowed the CD Projekt Red staffers to survive, knowing my hard-earned life savings allowed them to fuel their Winchester and dragon's breath habits).

EDIT: Updated for better link; you'd have thought explosive rounds would put a nasty-sized hole through a cartoon sponge, but apparently the laws of physics work differently in Middle America. :whistle2:

Daily Deals
Indie Puzzlers Bundle - $9.55(80% off)
Thief Series Bundle - $7.47(75% off)
OR
Mousecraft - $5.99(60% off)
Clarc - $3.19(60% off)
Blocks that Matter - $1.99(60% off)
Tetrobot and Co - $3.99(60% off)
Q.U.B.E. Director's Cut - $3.99(60% off)
Thief Gold - $3.99(60% off)
Thief 2: The Metal Age - $3.99(60% off)
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows - $3.99(60% off)

Current Flash Sales Now with more repeats!

Rune Classic - $1.99(80% off)
Space Pirates and Zombies - $1.99(80% off)
Stronghold Crusader HD - $2.49(75% off)
Screamer 4x4 - $1.49(75% off)
Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena - $2.99(80% off)
AI War Collection - $3.39(80% off)
Cannon Fodder 2 - $1.49(75% off)
Miasmata - $2.99(80% off)
Hotline Miami - $1.99(80% off)

Holy crap that was close I was literally a minute away from missing cheap DRM Free Riddick.

Glad I got this. It's such a good game. Butcher Bay is fantastic.

Holy crap that was close I was literally a minute away from missing cheap DRM Free Riddick.
Glad I got this. It's such a good game. Butcher Bay is fantastic.
Being a massive fan of the series, and of stealth games... Just, yes. A million times over.

Riddick is a bloody good game, and to be even capable of disliking it, you'd either have to either be Bruce Willis, a sniveling ape, answers A and B, or D.) a fuck ing necromonger.

Looks like a first week recap day today. Only the Sim bundle and the Sam & Max bundle are new.

GOG Big Fall Sale

Daily Deals
Sim and Prosper Bundle - $8.36(80% off)
Telltale's Sam and Max Bundle - $9.47(90% off)
The Ultimate D&D Collection Bundle - $21.10(80% off)
Deponia Trilogy Bundle - $8.97(85% off)
Mount & Blade Series Bundle - $9.97(75% off)
Heroes of Might and Magic Series Bundle - $14.95(75% off)
Best of Bullfrog Bundle - $5.95(80% off)
Indie Puzzlers Bundle - $9.55(80% off)
Action Platformers Selection Bundle - $8.21(85% off)
Theme Rollercoaster Bundle - $10.46(75% off)
Spiderweb RPGs Bundle - $7.00(85% off)
Thief Series Bundle - $7.47(75% off)
OR
Simcity 2000 Special Edition - $2.39(60% off)
Simcity 4 Deluxe Edition - $7.99(60% off)
Capitalism Plus - $2.39(60% off)
Capitalism 2 - $3.99(60% off)
Sam & Max Save the World - $11.99(60% off)
Sam & Max Beyond Time and Space - $11.99(60% off)
Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse - $13.99(60% off)
Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga - $3.99(60% off)
Baldur's Gate 2 Complete - $3.99(60% off)
Planescape Torment - $3.99(60% off)
Neverwinter Nights Diamond - $3.99(60% off)
Neverwinter Nights 2 Complete - $7.99(60% off)
Icewind Dale Complete - $3.99(60% off)
Icewind Dale 2 Complete - $3.99(60% off)
Temple of Elemental Evil, The - $2.39(60% off)
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard - $3.99(60% off)
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone - $3.99(60% off)
Deponia - $7.99(60% off)
Deponia 2: Chaos on Deponia - $7.99(60% off)
Deponia 3: Goodbye Deponia - $7.99(60% off)
Mount & Blade: With Fire & Sword - $3.99(60% off)
Mount & Blade: Warband - $7.99(60% off)
DLC: Mount & Blade: Warband - Napoleonic Wars - $3.99(60% off)
Heroes of Might and Magic - $3.99(60% off)
Heroes of Might and Magic 2: Gold - $3.99(60% off)
Heroes of Might and Magic 3: Complete - $3.99(60% off)
Heroes of Might and Magic 4: Complete - $3.99(60% off)
Heroes of Might and Magic 5: Bundle - $7.99(60% off)
Theme Hospital - $2.39(60% off)
Dungeon Keeper Gold - $2.39(60% off)
Dungeon Keeper 2 - $2.39(60% off)
Syndicate Plus - $2.39(60% off)
Syndicate Wars - $2.39(60% off)
Mousecraft - $5.99(60% off)
Clarc - $3.19(60% off)
Blocks That Matter - $1.99(60% off)
Tetrobot and Co - $3.99(60% off)
Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut - $3.99(60% off)
Dust: An Elysian Tail - $5.99(60% off)
Valdis Story: Abyssal City - $5.99(60% off)
Unepic - $3.99(60% off)
Megabyte Punch - $5.99(60% off)
Rollercoaster Tycoon Deluxe - $2.39(60% off)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack - $3.99(60% off)
Rollercoaster Tycoon 3: Platinum! - $7.99(60% off)
Theme Park - $2.39(60% off)
Geneforge Saga - $5.99(60% off)
Avernum: The Complete Saga - $4.79(60% off)
Avadon: The Black Fortress - $3.99(60% off)
Avadon 2: The Corruption - $3.99(60% off)
Thief Gold - $3.99(60% off)
Thief 2: The Metal Age - $3.99(60% off)
Thief 3: Deadly Shadows - $3.99(60% off)

Current Flash Deals in case somebody missed it
Dark Fall 3: Lost Souls - $1.99(80% off)
Real Myst Masterpiece Edition - $5.89(67% off)
Triple Town - $2.49(75% off)

Magicmaker - $4.99(50% off)
Waking Mars - $1.99(80% off)
Nexus: The Jupiter Incident - $1.99(80% off)
FTL: Advanced Edition - $3.39(66% off)
Bionic Dues - $1.99(80% off)
Shadownrun Dragonfall: Director's Cut - $9.99(33% off)

Just bought Sim City 4 for the fifth time. I hate myself.
That's like the only thing that's tempting me at all. But I'm trying to save all my pennies to buy computer parts for a new build on Black Friday. So I must stay strong.

I agree with Drabe that this sale hasn't been all that hot. But in a way, I'm kinda glad.

That's like the only thing that's tempting me at all. But I'm trying to save all my pennies to buy computer parts for a new build on Black Friday. So I must stay strong.

I agree with Drabe that this sale hasn't been all that hot. But in a way, I'm kinda glad.
It's mostly drm free indie trash. You can get most of this crap drm free with a steam key from the humble store. Why anyone would buy indie games from here is beyond me.

Actually interested in Craptialism Plus from this bundle, but don't really want to buy the Bundle (which would only be Sim City 4 for me, but I already have it on Steam). Thanks GOG for letting me buy an individual game at a higher discount....NOT!

Waiting for next GOG Narcolepsy Sale....

I have bought zero so far!!  

WOOOHOOO!!  

(It helps that I have AC Unity, Dragon Age and Far Cry 4 staring me in the face... as well as a HUGE backlog of games I want to play.... and about 4 new games I am currently knee deep in.... and Civ4 is capturing my attention...  oh... and wife, kids and work....  ugh...)  

No buys for me, either. Nearly all of the deals on classic titles are repeats from previous event sales, and buying indies on GOG is a waste since the ones worth caring about are bound to end up DRM-free in humble bundles.

I have bought zero so far!!

WOOOHOOO!!

(It helps that I have AC Unity, Dragon Age and Far Cry 4 staring me in the face... as well as a HUGE backlog of games I want to play.... and about 4 new games I am currently knee deep in.... and Civ4 is capturing my attention... oh... and wife, kids and work.... ugh...)
Dragon Age for me, but have yet to get AC Rogue and Far Cry 4. Waiting and seeing if any sneak in a good deal.

bread's done
Back