GOG Deals Thread

According to the sale tracking thread over on GOG, the "seasoned" catagory is well into it's third (and likely last) round. These are the games that are still remaining:

7th Guest (-75%)
Age of Wonders 2 The Wizard's Throne (-67%)
Bard's Tale, The (-80%)
Battle Isle Platinum (-75%)
Beyond Good & Evil (-75%)
Black Mirror 2 (-75%)
Children of the Nile Complete (-80%)
Clive Barker's Undying (-75%)
Corsairs Gold (-75%)
Dark Reign + Expansion (-75%)
Darkstone (-75%)
Deus Ex GOTY Edition (-75%)
Dracula Trilogy (-80%)
Entomorph: Plague of the Darkfall (-75%)
Far Cry 2 Fortune's Edition (-75%)
Gex (-67%)
Gobliiins Pack (-75%)
Haegemonia Gold Edition (-80%)
Heretic Kingdoms: The Inquisition (-75%)
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (-80%)
Hitman Contracts (-80%)
Hogs of War (-75%)
I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream (-80%)
Jade Empire: Special Edition (-80%)
King of Dragon Pass (-75%)
Knights and Merchants - The Peasants Rebellion (-50%)
Legend of Kyrandia, The (Book One) (-75%)
Little Big Adventure (-75%)
Little Big Adventure 2 (-75%)
Myst Masterpiece Edition (-65%)
Nexus - The Jupiter Incident (-80%)
Nox (-75%)
Pharaoh+Cleopatra (-75%)
Realms of the Haunting (-75%)
Red Faction (-80%)
Red Faction 2 (-80%)
Return to Krondor (-75%)
Return to Mysterious Island (-80%)
Robin Hood: The Legend of Sherwood (-80%)
Sam and Max Hit the Road (-50%)
Septerra Core (-75%)
Shadow Man (-75%)
SpellForce Platinum (-80%)
Spycraft The Great Game (-75%)
STAR WARS: TIE Fighter Special Edition (-50%)
Stronghold HD (-75%)
The Black Mirror (-75%)
The Last Express (-75%)
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition (-50%)
Thunderscape (-75%)
Tomb Raider 1-3 (-70%)
Two Worlds (-80%)
Uplink (-75%)
Uru: Complete Chronicles (-80%)
Vangers (-75%)
Wacky Wheels (-75%)
Wasteland (-75%)
Witcher: Enhanced Edition, The (-85%)
Wizardry 6+7 (-75%)
Wizardry 8 (-80%)
Worms 2 (-75%)

The "fresh" category is still only in the second round. So pretty much everything has at least one more appearance. Therefore, I won't bother re-posting it. Well, because of that, but also because it's new games on GOG. How may people here are really looking to pick up the newer games on GOG?

EDIT: Credit to GOG forum user IAmSinistar who has been doing a bang-up job with that thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
This. I used to have the shareware of this game so I went ahead and picked up to finish it one day. It's on the same level as stuff like Commander Keen IMO.
Yes the good old days of shareware disks and later CDs. Had lots and lots of fun with those.....also got me to learn DOS so I could configure all my games. I learned a lot those days since everything just didn't work. Oh the beauty of Plug n Play.....you saved so much time!

Got Another World for free.

Yay?
Got seven cities of gold for free! I liked that game back then
Free Tex Murphy ... nice!
18-crazy-moments-in-the-life-and-career-of-nicolas-cage.gif

I'm still hoping Nox gets another round and Gex as well. We'll see.
If the list from the GOG thread that I posted above is to be believed, both Nox & Gex have one more appearance coming.

I'm interested in those two games as well. But I'll probably pass on Gex for now and wait until it hits 75% off. As for Nox, I want it, but it feels like it's only a matter of time until it ends up as one of Origin's "on the house" freebies. They've already given away several other games that I've bought on GOG.

If the list from the GOG thread that I posted above is to be believed, both Nox & Gex have one more appearance coming.

I'm interested in those two games as well. But I'll probably pass on Gex for now and wait until it hits 75% off. As for Nox, I want it, but it feels like it's only a matter of time until it ends up as one of Origin's "on the house" freebies. They've already given away several other games that I've bought on GOG.
You know, I had the same exact thought about Nox yesterday. And then I forgot about it today. I think I'll wait on that one too. Gex on the other hand I'll probably bite on even at 66% off. Is it still called Fakeybroing if it's on GOG?

Was there like 4 copies of Shadowrun: Dragonfall? I got the notification at 4:09 and it was gone when I checked at 4:12.
According to the timestamps on the deal posts on the GOG forum thread, it lasted for 17 minutes. There were 600 copies available.

Considering how painfully slow some of the "Fresh" deals are selling, that's pretty impressive.

According to the timestamps on the deal posts on the GOG forum thread, it lasted for 17 minutes. There were 600 copies available.

Considering how painfully slow some of the "Fresh" deals are selling, that's pretty impressive.
Thanks. I'm new to all of this. I guess isthereanydeal notifications aren't too reliable for GOG due to the nature of the sales? I've been trying to get both Shadowrun games and keep missing them.

Thanks. I'm new to all of this. I guess isthereanydeal notifications aren't too reliable for GOG due to the nature of the sales? I've been trying to get both Shadowrun games and keep missing them.
my suggestion to you is to wait till they are bundled and dont buy anything on GOG that you can get on steam...unless you wear a tin foil hat and live in your parents basement.

I think if a game is older and on Steam and GOG you get it on Steam unless, the GOG version is know to be better such as Commandos, the extras are needed such as old RPGS with rulebooks you actually had to read or you want the soundtracks, or you just want to not depend on a client and just run everything from folders you choose and can copy anywhere....yeah it's a beautiful thing.

I mainly use GOG for GOG...older games that I loved or want to play. I don't mind the Steam ports of old games as well...but I do prefer supporting GOG just about 95% of the time over Steam.

Wacky Wheels almost gone...I can't pull the trigger. I played it so much as a kid but I know there are better cartoon racers now.

Depends on lots of things.

Depends your feelings of DRM; thoughts of GOG extras (often they might have more extras than Steam-versions, if Steam doesn't offer the extras as DLC or something of that sort); if there's one version that's in better shape than the others; if you want to deal w/ GOG not having a client yet (to do auto-updates and others things - updating can be a pain w/ GOG versions i.e. see Outcast); another version might be updated more so somewhere else (i.e. Deadly Premonition has more updates on Steam; GOG version is still lagging behind); maybe you prefer Steam client stuff (Steam is nice for updating, backing up stuff, time-tracking, match-making online games, etc); and other madness. Weigh the options.

I'd say - take it on a case-by-case thing.

Do you like Steam? Then, expect deals to be better and/or more frequent on Steam-versions - especially on regular editions of games (that are without extras).

If game you looking for is being bundled (on places like HumbleBundle, BundleStars, IndieGala, etc), you'll likely find more Steam-versions out there than anything - so it's definitely possible those version will be likely a bit cheaper in the Cesspool (The CAG trade forums); and/or better off buying the game you want in a bundle cheap that might have other games coming with it (that you could sell/trade over in the Cesspool or just straight-up add what you're missing to your Steam account to play or +1).

About SrR + Dragonfall in particular - depends how you want to roll the dice here. Depends on if you want to chance maybe getting it for FREE on GOG during this sale; depends on if you really want a GOG version; really want it on Steam; want both DRM-FREE + Steam-keys; or whatever. Humble Store has something of interest there w/ those. Shadowrun Returns & Shadowrun Dragonfall there on Humble Store are offered with one purchase both the Steam-key version + a DRM-FREE download directly from them.

I haven't even played the new(er) Sam and Max games I've owned on Steam in ages so yeah probably shouldn't be buying the moldy pixel ones.

bread's done
Back