GOG Deals Thread

I don't really care about any of the non-features the Galaxy client has, only wanted it as a way to keep all my GoG games in one place. I do wish they had a way to pause downloads, but whatever.

Don't own it... but for change at a free GOG game at 4AM.... no.
fucking <continent I'm not allowed to mention without getting reported to mods redacted>!

I guess I own it from the last time they gave it away. Hey, I can't be expected to keep track of what free shit I own on GOG. I pay even less attention to what I own there than what I own on Steam even though I own 40x as many games on Steam.

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy games on GOG I honestly intend on playing and out of like 211 games I own on there I've played like 6 of them so the same can be said for me too I guess I mean all those +3s and +5s from bundles are immediately more interesting even if most of them are hot shit than $6 game from 20 years ago that is already on Steam and probably been in like a bundle for like $1 I can play while offline even though Steam has offline mode.  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

There are more Telltale games coming to GOG, starting with Game of Thrones. Wolf Among Us, The Walking Dead, and Tales from the Borderlands will follow soon.

Now if I could convince the jackasses at Telltale to give us GOG or Steam keys for the games I bought at their storefront in hopes of getting the season DVDs which were permanently pulled a little while ago, so I didn't have to deal with their activation BS...

I love how they say people who "rent" games on Steam are angry and going to buy Hatred and run around and kill people because of it.

I've long said the (vocal) GOG crowd are mainly Angry Europeans Who Hate Steam (the OP is German btw) because they're always ranting about the evils of Steam and getting all Frau Farbissina about it and shit.

But we're the ones that are angry because one game is getting added. Right.

Oh, a lot of GOG fanboys are just as bad if not worse than Steam fanboys. Nobody will dispute that - except GOG fanboys.

What's the point of being a DRM-free zealot if the company itself treats customers like third class people? Refusing to sell games (I'm not talking about Hatred, but other legit games), being unwilling to force devs to fix their games (fuck YOU TELLTALE), not wanting to hire some real programmers for Galaxy...

It's not the same company I supported years ago. And lots of people drunk way too much of GOG's koolaid to realize that. Or to care.

Oh and something something Interplay weekend sale blah blah.

This was a surprise.

https://twitter.com/Foxhack/status/604308729714974720

I actually sent it back in November 2012 (I checked my mail archive to be sure.) Those were the days.

That's why I never GOGgybro a game unless it is only available on GOG.  I mean, I don't mind GOG, but if it's available on Steam I'll Steambro it over GOGgybroing any day.  

Steam version came with the manual compared to the GoG version and therefore THE preferred version?

If u send the manual in to Steam, it will be added when Half Life 3 comes out..  :whistle2: (if Steam CSR ever care to read your most pressing concern, that is)

Sale?  Awesome.  Checks wishlist...NOTHING discounted.

Anyways, spend $1 and get SimCity2000 free...spend way too much and get some other shitty games free.

I wonder if they are trying to promote their own games first or something?

XLNdjkg.png

I get that it's a new release and all, but 10% is not a highlight of any sale. NOPE.

*Edit: Oh and that expansion pass by itself under Highlights isn't even on sale. You do get Witcher 1 and 2 free for pre-ordering it but who the hell that would be buying that doesn't have them by now?

Man I hate the GOG bundles....I do want some Lucasarts adventures but not the the newer Monkey island remasters. Course if you don't buy everything you don't get the discount.

I will likely get Simon the Sorcerer 2/3 so far.

Not to mention: the Stalker games bundle with only 2 Stalker games in it and a slight hint at the third one being the 20 bucks bonus game, which conveniently isn't discounted so you can't get it 'cheaply' unless you spend 10 extra bucks on other Gog games.

Sigh. They need a new marketing director.

Well the page itself doesn't really mention the fact that Clear Sky is only cheap as a bonus game. It's just not included in the bundle for whatever reason. That makes it a slight hint.

I actually bought the complete Stalker bundle on Gog for 10 bucks in the December 2014 sale.

Dafuq.

Already in for $29, got the D&D Enhanced Edition pack plus Lichdom: Battlemage.  Don't know if I'll use the 2 free games that got me but I can't complain about free.

The Stalker bundle has reminded me that my Shadow of Chernobyl steam key still does't work on GOG while the other two redeemed fine, sigh...

Will probably grab the Lucas bundle today.

Man I hate the GOG bundles....I do want some Lucasarts adventures but not the the newer Monkey island remasters. Course if you don't buy everything you don't get the discount.

I will likely get Simon the Sorcerer 2/3 so far.
That's why I prefer the Insomnia sales.. but with those I have to be paying attention to GOG every minute of the day if I want something, ugh. I've pretty much given up on GOG sales.

Granted most of my wishlist is made up of old Sierra games sold by Activision
Keep an eye on the sale as it proceeds. The classic Sierra point-and-clicks are regular fixtures in the GoG summer sales. I've already gotten most of them over the course of the past two years. I still want to pick up the Police Quest pack, as well as the Krondor RPG titles.

For this initial wave, there are several items that I'm probably going to bite on. The Lucas Adventures are a no-brainer, Jade Empire will likely go in my cart, and I'm seeing several indie titles I wouldn't mind having for 80% off. I still haven't played through Machinarium, despite trying out the demo. (and loving it)

So yeah, I'm feeling it.

How long do the items stay on sale? Are those on sale today off sale later tonight? I want to grab Witcher 1, but I'd like to wait until Friday if possible.

How long do the items stay on sale? Are those on sale today off sale later tonight? I want to grab Witcher 1, but I'd like to wait until Friday if possible.
There is a countdown on each sale segment, Witchers end in 5 minutes. Unless they all accumulate

I finally saw that and ended up snagging it. Man I hate how game sales are so time limited and different ones at different times. Oh well, I'm pretty sure that's the only thing I wanted right now anyway.

Witcher 1 and 2 sales and have been gettin around like a two dollar whore lately. I really wouldn't worry about rushing to buy it.

Keep an eye on the sale as it proceeds. The classic Sierra point-and-clicks are regular fixtures in the GoG summer sales. I've already gotten most of them over the course of the past two years. I still want to pick up the Police Quest pack, as well as the Krondor RPG titles.

For this initial wave, there are several items that I'm probably going to bite on. The Lucas Adventures are a no-brainer, Jade Empire will likely go in my cart, and I'm seeing several indie titles I wouldn't mind having for 80% off. I still haven't played through Machinarium, despite trying out the demo. (and loving it)

So yeah, I'm feeling it.
Amazon has Steam version of KQ Collection for $5.00. Does GOG sales usually go lower than that?

Yes, it appears as if these sales are stacking, as opposed to expiring. Also, in past Summer Sales they usually bring most of the sales around again near the end of the sale. So if you don't get some of the bundle deals when they're first out, just check back on a later day and they will likely show up once more.

If you check the sale once or twice a day, you shouldn't miss anything.

I went ahead and snagged Jade Empire, Machinarium, OlliOlli, Simon the Sorceror 1 & 2, and SpaceChem. I'll probably snag the Lucas Adventure bundle along with whichever games I get from the second wave of sales. It's looking like the Lands of Lore and Kyrandia series are going to be the front-runners there. (classic Westwood)

Amazon has Steam version of KQ Collection for $5.00. Does GOG sales usually go lower than that?
I've seen it for upwards of 80% off, which would be quite low. It's also worth noting that the GoG versions of classic Sierra titles are DRM-free. Not only does this mean you can back them up, but you can also play them with whichever emulators you please. (Not just the ones they come bundled with)

No guarantees on the sale, mind you. They may not go on sale at all this year.

Yes, it appears as if these sales are stacking, as opposed to expiring. Also, in past Summer Sales they usually bring most of the sales around again near the end of the sale. So if you don't get some of the bundle deals when they're first out, just check back on a later day and they will likely show up once more.

If you check the sale once or twice a day, you shouldn't miss anything.

I went ahead and snagged Jade Empire, Machinarium, OlliOlli, Simon the Sorceror 1 & 2, and SpaceChem. I'll probably snag the Lucas Adventure bundle along with whichever games I get from the second wave of sales. It's looking like the Lands of Lore and Kyrandia series are going to be the front-runners there. (classic Westwood)
Kyrandia series is already showing 75% off - are you saying you think it will go cheaper? (Sorry, don't follow GOG sales closely).

So yeah, I'm feeling it.
And the games are now discounted.

Still not buying them. :p

bread's done
Back