GOG Deals Thread

Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (GOG Version, which is DRM-FREE) is 73% off on GOG right now.

That's the lowest that this has been, according to ITAD:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=shadowrundragonfalldirectorscut

Looks like a no-brainer, for GOG fans + DRM-FREE fans.

Hopefully, we'll see Steam (for all you Steam-fans) & Humble Bundle Store have similar sales (for people like me, who want it on Steam + DRM-FREE b/c Humble has both Steam-keys + DRM-FREE version on there).

Last edited by a moderator:
Shadowrun: Dragonfall - Director's Cut (GOG Version, which is DRM-FREE) is 73% off on GOG right now.

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=shadowrundragonfalldirectorscut

Looks like a no-brainer, for GOG + DRM-FREE fans.

Hopefully, we'll see Steam (for all you Steam-fans) & Humble Bundle Store have similar sales (for people like me, who want it on Steam + DRM-FREE b/c Humble has both Steam-keys + DRM-FREE version on there).
wtf, they can't even go 75% off on gog? Why 73%? Dumbasses

Looks like a no-brainer, for GOG fans + DRM-FREE fans.

This is most certainly a no-brainer...to pass on until it's 75% off on steam

This is most certainly a no-brainer...to pass on until it's 75% off on steam
73% off is quite close to 75% off.

For Steam-only fans - agree with you.

For GOG-only fans (that don't want to deal with Steam) - disagree.

For people who don't care - just pick your poison.

For greedy people like me that want both a Steam-key + DRM-FREE versions - play the waiting game b/c Humble's the way to go (b/c one purchase gets both versions).

Okay I can't stand it. You alluded to it twice now and didn't say it.

The Best of Both Worlds ;)

There.
Jay-Z%26R.KellyBestofBothWorlds.jpg

Specifically the buttcrack of dawn on the 21st in the US. So don't plan on grabbing anything on that day unless you're an insomniac or a ridiculously early riser on Sundays.

73% off is quite close to 75% off.

For Steam-only fans - agree with you.

For GOG-only fans (that don't want to deal with Steam) - disagree.

For people who don't care - just pick your poison.

For greedy people like me that want both a Steam-key + DRM-FREE versions - play the waiting game b/c Humble's the way to go (b/c one purchase gets both versions).
Steam has the workshop ;)

Is there anyway to sort the sale stuff by release date or something similar? Basically I have no interest in buying any of the newer stuff there. I do however have an interest in checking out older classic stuff that will either never be on Steam or if it is will probably run like crap. So far my method is just to scroll around and rely on my memory to remember what is old and what isn't. There's got to be a better way right?

Is there anyway to sort the sale stuff by release date or something similar? Basically I have no interest in buying any of the newer stuff there. I do however have an interest in checking out older classic stuff that will either never be on Steam or if it is will probably run like crap. So far my method is just to scroll around and rely on my memory to remember what is old and what isn't. There's got to be a better way right?
If you go to http://www.gog.com/games there are drop downs to filter by Price > Discounted games and then another to drill down further by release date.

Any quick opinions on the Two World games?  I have to use a 360 controller and it looks like it is possible with TW1 with a tweak and haven't heard anything bad about that.  Would like it to be headache free.  Thinking about getting both but maybe that would be redundant.

I'm trying so hard to resist Afterlife. I was just thinking about how awesome that game was yesterday (along with Simgolf) and wishing it was on GOG. Now I see it there on sale but it's only 33% off :(   I live by 75% off or GTFO, but I really want it.

Somebody tell me not to buy Defender of the Crown.
Not sure how the PC version compares, but I used to love the NES version. The mechanics are probably really clunky by today's standards, but it was a great strategy game sort of built around little minigames...things like robbing money from a castle, attacking a castle with a catapult, jousting, and rescuing a princess (if memory serves me correctly, if you successfully rescue her, you get to marry her and join your lands together). I don't know how well it would hold up if I played it today, but I have really fond memories of it from back in the NES days...

It's in the Cinemaware anthology on Steam, just wait for a sale on that.
Yeah, the Anthology is a better deal. I bought nearly all of these games when they were first released on the Amiga. As big a Cinemaware fan as I will always be, you really have to play them with the nostalgia glasses on. They are classics but some of the mechanics have not aged as gracefully as one would hope. Be prepared for some frustrating moments. I think it's worth it for most of the games because you can clearly tell they really loved the movie genres they were paying homage to.

I have always found Defender of the Crown to be very hard, having had to resort to a cheat code (I know, I suck). Having said that, the DOS version, which is included, is said to actually play better and actually has more features. It's not as pretty as the Amiga version but at least you have a choice.

As an aside, thanks to spoderman for pointing out the Anthology. I had no idea it existed until just now and my jaw honestly dropped (I'm not just saying that). Sad that there's no Three Stooges, but not surprised due to licensing. That was my most-played Amiga game, and I own tons of games for the system.

Stalker Clear Sky: HT9A9C67A2F090

Grab the worst of the three Stalker games while it's hot!
Just kidding, it never was.
You dirty hoarder, you.

You know you'll never play it.

Admit it.

Hah, only took 2 hours to be redeemed. And they say this forum is full of leechers... Bollocks!

You're welcome buddy.

Hah, only took 2 hours to be redeemed. And they say this forum is full of leechers... Bullocks!

You're welcome buddy.
I think more people would be all over codes, if they were Steam-codes.

Me...I'll take anything I can get to +1 any of my gaming accounts - Steam, GoG, Desura, UPlay, Origin, etc, etc, whatever. ;)

It's also possible many already own STALKER: Clear Sky from Steam, as it's been bundled before:

http://isthereanydeal.com/#/page:game/info?plain=stalkerclearsky

Hell, I have STALKER: CS from Retail (on disc); GOG; Steam; and DRM-FREE from Gamersgate.

I was going to take this as I did see it when it was first posted but then Tjee hoarder shamed me and I realized I would never play it.
I probably saved you 5 bucks you were inevitably going to spend on completing your GoG collection of Stalkers, which you were never ever actually going to play, but just scroll over the GoG Box Covers from time to time while trying to bear the shame.

If anything, you should thank me.

avoid at all costs
Oh they aren't that bad, particularly the second one. I mean they aren't worth $50 but if a few bucks or so it's decent enough.

I actually rather enjoyed the second one. It doesn't take itself too seriously and the player shouldn't either.

If you want a cheap sandbox to run around in TW2 is not a bad choice on the cheap. Works well with a controller and it had one of the better crafting and item management systems I've ever come across in an RPG.

Oh they aren't that bad, particularly the second one. I mean they aren't worth $50 but if a few bucks or so it's decent enough.

I actually rather enjoyed the second one. It doesn't take itself too seriously and the player shouldn't either.

If you want a cheap sandbox to run around in TW2 is not a bad choice on the cheap. Works well with a controller and it had one of the better crafting and item management systems I've ever come across in an RPG.
I agree w/ this.

IMHO, 2W2 was a major improvement over the original 2W. Performance issues + bugs weren't really a problem in 2W2 - while they were major problems upon release for 2W1. Certainly...the writing, plot + character development in 2W2 was better than the original. 2W1 smacks so much on the writing + character development of "it's so bad, it's good."

Since these games are known for their 2W series of games having crummy homebrew DRM in which you need to bother members of their message boards if you can't get the game activated or run out of activations - another reason to go for GOG on this one.

For a few bucks - they're certainly more than entertaining enough. In 2W2 base-game in particular - I really dug the loot crafting/disassembling systems + combat. The magic crafting system was cool, as well.

I really should make my way over to 2W2: PotFF expansion some time.

Two Worlds was really bad and put me off of Two Worlds 2.

Unless you're literally done with every other open world RPG (Skyrim, Witcher, etc), why are you wasting your time on TW/TW2?

I really should make my way over to 2W2: PotFF expansion some time.
You should. It's more linear and the area is smaller and more concentrated so less sandboxy, but the story is more interesting and less cliche. It's also not a huge investment of time. Like 10-15 hours maybe, which is nice when you have a backlog.

Two Worlds was really bad and put me off of Two Worlds 2.

Unless you're literally done with every other open world RPG (Skyrim, Witcher, etc), why are you wasting your time on TW/TW2?
The second one, while not the best game ever, is definitely a lot better than the first IMHO. They even make fun of the first game a little at one point. :p

You should. It's more linear and the area is smaller and more concentrated so less sandboxy, but the story is more interesting and less cliche.

It's also not a huge investment of time. Like 10-15 hours maybe, which is nice when you have a backlog.

The second one, while not the best game ever, is definitely a lot better than the first IMHO. They even make fun of the first game a little at one point. :p
Arrrrr! Mayhaps, thou art onto something.

Thanks for the input on Two Worlds guys!  I grabbed the second, thought it might be better being more polished and native 360 support.  I know it isn't AAA gaming but I wanted a hassle free 360 controller RPG game.  I got Jade Empire too (even though I dislike the asian theme) for that reason.  Would have been nice if Divinity 2 supported 360 and maybe I'll have to venture back to Steam for Skyrim :(

[quote name="Neuro5i5" post="12733062" timestamp="1433799766"]Pier Solar for $5.09 is such a great deal.[/quote]
Poopies ftw

bread's done
Back