GOG Deals Thread

I think this is the 8th free game i've received from GOG since my last purchase there. I'd like to spend a little money with them.

Anything good you guys are seeing on sale? I'm partial to racing games and shoot 'em ups, but I'm not picky.
Sort of a combo of both... ever try the Wing Commander series?

GOG Winter Sale has begun.  It includes a free copy of Grim Fandango Remastered for the next 48 hours and new GOG Connect games added (available for the next 14 days):

Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
For The Glory: A Europa Universalis Game
Homeworld: Desert's of Kharak
Homeworld Remastered Collection
INSIDE
LIMBO
>observer_
Outlast
Perception
Punch Club
Rebel Galaxy
Rogue Wizards
Sengoku
Sunless Sea
Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Plane
The Final Station
Zombie Night Terror

Last edited by a moderator:
GOG Winter Sale has begun. It includes a free copy of Grim Fandango Remastered for the next 48 hours and new GOG Connect games added (available for the next 14 days):

Age of Wonders III
Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
Baldur's Gate II: Enhanced Edition
Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game
For The Glory: A Europa Universalis Game
Homeworld: Desert's of Kharak
Homeworld Remastered Collection
INSIDE
LIMBO
>observer_
Outlast
Perception
Punch Club
Rebel Galaxy
Rogue Wizards
Sengoku
Sunless Sea
Tahira: Echoes of the Astral Plane
The Final Station
Zombie Night Terror
Fantastic!
I stupdly bought 10 Stars (10 random games) and no surprise here, all bargain bin and unwanted games. This is my first and last time I fall for this crap. Love GOG but this sucks so much that for the moment I hate them. Will not spend a dime for months.

Fantastic!
I stupdly bought 10 Stars (10 random games) and no surprise here, all bargain bin and unwanted games. This is my first and last time I fall for this crap. Love GOG but this sucks so much that for the moment I hate them. Will not spend a dime for months.
Buying a star on GOG is no different than pre-ordering a mystery bundle from Groupees; you should probably only do either if you're not sufficiently filled with self-loathing on a given day. I will concede that they sucked me in the last time they did a promotion like this, but it won't happen twice.

Besides Age Of Wonders 3, what where the other games that were initially on the list of available games for GOG connect before getting removed?

My theory is that those games are scheduled to eventually participate in GOG connect, but GOG screwed up and listed them early. If I'm right, we'll probably see them listed in the next GOG connect in a couple of months. So I'd like to at least check out what sort of discount they're getting in the current steam sale.

Besides Age Of Wonders 3, what where the other games that were initially on the list of available games for GOG connect before getting removed?

My theory is that those games are scheduled to eventually participate in GOG connect, but GOG screwed up and listed them early. If I'm right, we'll probably see them listed in the next GOG connect in a couple of months. So I'd like to at least check out what sort of discount they're getting in the current steam sale.
I missed out on Torment: Tides of Numenera

Got a ton of good games from their mystery stars.  

Samorost 3

Jotun

The Coma: recut

Slain: back from hell

STALKER: Shadow

SOMA (too bad I had this on steam)

Telltale Game of thrones

I am $11.02 away from hitting the $40 threshold to get Master of Orion for free. I have no intention of buying anything else, and frankly don't care all that much about getting MoO. If anybody else has at least $11.02 of stuff that they still want to buy and wants to piggyback on my purchases to get MoO, let me know. I can buy whatever you want as gifts, then pass along the gift link to MoO when it's unlocked.

As I post this, there is only 9:42 left in the sale, so if you're interested, chop-chop.

EDIT: the offer has been taken.

Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth joins GOG.

This version also comes included already with a bunch of fixes on GOG version, too.

Here's the GOG Game Page for Call of Cthulhu: DCotE - currently $5 on launch.

Hopefully, at some point in time, this becomes a GOG Connect game...since I'm guessing like myself, some might already have this on Steam and might also want this on GOG.
Just noticed that this got removed from the store. Apparently it got yanked within 10 days of it's launch. GOG is being a bit vague on why it was removed. Here's what they said in a thread on the forums.

"A takedown request for „Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" has been received and is being handled under GOG’s copyright policy. We hope the game will be back in GOG’s offer soon, but at the moment we cannot give you any other details or timeline."

So don't hold your breath on it becoming available via GOG connect anytime soon.

Just noticed that this got removed from the store. Apparently it got yanked within 10 days of it's launch. GOG is being a bit vague on why it was removed. Here's what they said in a thread on the forums.

"A takedown request for „Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth" has been received and is being handled under GOG’s copyright policy. We hope the game will be back in GOG’s offer soon, but at the moment we cannot give you any other details or timeline."

So don't hold your breath on it becoming available via GOG connect anytime soon.
Odd, was it published by Bethesda or someone else? Steam version hasn't been delisted so I'm assuming the publisher was someone else on GOG

Odd, was it published by Bethesda or someone else? Steam version hasn't been delisted so I'm assuming the publisher was someone else on GOG
No, it was published by Bethesda over on GOG as well.

Apparently the GOG build of the game used some user mods to make it more stable. Somebody theorized that they might have used one (or more) of those mods without permission, and the creator of the mod issued a copyright claim.

It's just a theory, but it would explain why it was only the GOG version that disappeared

No, it was published by Bethesda over on GOG as well.

Apparently the GOG build of the game used some user mods to make it more stable. Somebody theorized that they might have used one (or more) of those mods without permission, and the creator of the mod issued a copyright claim.

It's just a theory, but it would explain why it was only the GOG version that disappeared
Ah, that makes sense. I remember something similar happening with Re-Volt

https://www.gog.com/forum/revolt/revolt_temporarily_delisted_on_gogcom/page1

GOG's New Year's Resolution sale just started.

Some stuff is on sale.
My New Years Resolution is....NOT TO BUY GAMES ON GOG....AMIRITE???!!?!?!?!?!?!??

Eh, I wish I was kidding, the appeal of GOG used to be (for me), exclusive old games....I guess they still have some exclusivity...for some months....before games show up on Steam....so that wore the luster off of buying games on GOG at that point.

Divine Divinity and Beyond Divinity are Diablo-like games with the conversation system of Baldur's Gate or any of the other D&D-based RPGs. For .59 apiece, you can't go wrong with either of Larian's earliest works. If you only get one, it should probably be Divine Divinity since that one has the more conventional story where you're the chosen hero.

Divine Div feels a bit more open-world, also. And you go solo, pretty much; you don't control a party here.

In Beyond Div, you have two people to worry about: yourself and a Dark Knight. You're bound to each other - so if one dies, the other dies. Game Over, go reload a save. Also, this game has more of an open "Act" tied to a whole Area concept, which is a bit different. Each act / chapter seems to have an area tied to it, pretty much. I never finished the game - but still, I liked it. Other games got in the way, as usual. I should finish it, some day.

Eh, I wish I was kidding, the appeal of GOG used to be (for me), exclusive old games....I guess they still have some exclusivity...for some months....before games show up on Steam....so that wore the luster off of buying games on GOG at that point.
The other thing that wore off from me w/ buying on GOG is this: some games also can wind-up on GOG Connect - so if you own a game on Steam; that game ends ups part of the Connect program for a certain period; then you can get the GOG version also for free.

I really only buy GOG if it's much better pricing than Steam-version and I have to play it like right now. In many cases, these days - eh, that really ain't the case.

I still have a wish list on GOG maybe around 20-30 games big. They're mainly old games that likely wont ever be on Steam or i'd prefer off of Steam. GOG just isn't getting as many old exclusive games anymore. I still love their support considering many classic games on Steam run terribly like the Commando's games.

Oh, yeah - that's the other reason sometimes I might buy from GOG over Steam: the GOG version might work out-the-box better, as opposed to the Steam version. Sometimes GOG already has mods applied; or GOG themselves made their owns fixes to get something working properly.

Sometimes, yeah - the Steam CEG, Steam Overlay, or other non-sense can get in the way on their versions, unfortunately.

I still have a wish list on GOG maybe around 20-30 games big. They're mainly old games that likely wont ever be on Steam or i'd prefer off of Steam. GOG just isn't getting as many old exclusive games anymore. I still love their support considering many classic games on Steam run terribly like the Commando's games.
WHU LET U OUT OF YER IG BUNDLE REVIEW CAG????....>SNPASKY SPANSKY...GEDT BAK TO REVUIN!!!!

Yeah, I'll admit the dungeons are pretty generic and terrible.  And the combat is certainly Diablo-like (although Ultima 7 had some pretty terrible content, too).  Overall it's closer to Ultima 7 as there's a cohesive world that's hand designed with a proper narrative and quests versus random generic Derpablo.

Yeah, I'll admit the dungeons are pretty generic and terrible. And the combat is certainly Diablo-like (although Ultima 7 had some pretty terrible content, too). Overall it's closer to Ultima 7 as there's a cohesive world that's hand designed with a proper narrative and quests versus random generic Derpablo.
I've never played Ultima 7 beyond a bit at the beginning, so I can't comment to that comparison, but yeah, the world and the game overall is not like Diablo. It was compelling when I played it and finished it when it was almost new.

So did anyone else randomly win a game from the GOG jRPG Days giveaway? I don't think I ever entered anything but still won a copy of Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection, which I still haven't redeemed yet.

So did anyone else randomly win a game from the GOG jRPG Days giveaway? I don't think I ever entered anything but still won a copy of Zwei: The Ilvard Insurrection, which I still haven't redeemed yet.
No, it appears to have been a gleam giveaway for Zwei and Ys 7. I would've entered for Zwei if I had known

King of the fighters 2002 is free for the next couple of days in the Chinese new year sale. Flash deals and a handful of new games on Connect as well

I'm not sure when it started, but it looks like they're doing daily deals now.  Today's deal is Littil Divil for $2.99.

There's a sale going on at GOG right now. But they only have about 5% of the store's catalogue on sale.

It's mostly just another chance to trot out the mystery game gimmick yet again.

bread's done
Back