GOG Deals Thread

MysterD in his new GOG salesman outfit:

4Tyfh9C.png

The obligatory MysterD line of "Vampire: Bloodlines is $5" and is on sale again goes here.

You know how much I love this game, so I'm pointing it out.

Last edited by a moderator:
I so remember buying lots and lots of good old games on GOG. Been a while, though I still get some older games, but if they're on Steam and comparable execution, I'll get them there.

Damn it, MysterD, you're supposed to spend an hour spinning out your spiel yet again. Don't give me this lazy ass "I wrote it all last night, here's a link" bullcrap.
But that link was a long-winded post about Bloodlines w/ walls of text, wasn't it? ;)

EDIT:

I tried vampires the masquerade. Isn’t that good enough?

:)
The pen & paper game?

Redemption PC game? Bloodlines PC game?

But that link was a long-winded post about Bloodlines w/ walls of text, wasn't it? ;)

EDIT:
The pen & paper game?
Redemption PC game? Bloodlines PC game?
If my two options for PC are bloodlines or redemption I think I played redemption

Edit: looked at the cover arts. And I for sure played redemption

I nay sayed it (last week/the week before?) but playing RDR on the xBonerX is much better than I expected it to be. Everything is crisp on LG 4K OLED and the solid frame-rate makes the controls leagues better. If R* had released a PC port at/around the time as the console version, I can totes see it looking like and playing like (if you prefer a controller to m/kb) this. Now to twiddle my thumbs until the end Oct.

Shit, wrong PC centric thread. eh, whatev

I believe The Saboteur is at an all-time low of $3 during this sale.  Will probably grab it to play on shitty integrated graphics.

I got Saboteur free from an Origin glitch from a long time ago, but this is a good deal given the improvements that this version has over the Origin version.

Xenonauts:

39EFA-9D578-49F6E-BC828

Turns out I already owned it.
Thanks! Your code was still available a few moments ago so I redeemed it. I thought I already owned it too so didn't mind when I missed the giveaway. I need to keep better track of my games.

On GOG it says that The Saboteur won't work with anything above 4 cores. Anyone know if this still holds as I have 8?

I have 38 games in my cart right now haha.  I'm back into PC gaming as I bought a new one a few weeks ago. So it's nice to be able to  play everything(older and new) at max settings with 60fps except the Crysis games... 

Here is another Xenonauts code in case anybody out there missed the giveaway.

B7CAE-3E6FC-DBB87-B36F2

I already owned it due to a past appearance on GOG connect.

Speaking of GOG connect, they removed (at least) one game from the current roster of available games. Grim Dawn is no longer available.

On GOG it says that The Saboteur won't work with anything above 4 cores. Anyone know if this still holds as I have 8?

I have 38 games in my cart right now haha. I'm back into PC gaming as I bought a new one a few weeks ago. So it's nice to be able to play everything(older and new) at max settings with 60fps except the Crysis games...
No clue from experience, as I don't have over 4 main cores.

BUT...if you do have Saboteur and more than 4 cores - check this out for Saboteur CPU Fix Mod:

https://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/The_Saboteur#Fixing_crash_on_CPUs_with_more_than_four_physical_cores_.28GOG.com.29

I am $6 short of hitting the $20 threshold to unlock Rime. If anybody has something that they were planing to buy and wants to help me get there, I'd appreciate it.

Don't feel like you need to buy something just to help me though. It's only if you were gonna buy it yourself anyway. After all, it'll probably end up in a bundle, or get given away on GOG at some point in the future. So no biggie if I miss out.

I am $6 short of hitting the $20 threshold to unlock Rime. If anybody has something that they were planing to buy and wants to help me get there, I'd appreciate it.

Don't feel like you need to buy something just to help me though. It's only if you were gonna buy it yourself anyway. After all, it'll probably end up in a bundle, or get given away on GOG at some point in the future. So no biggie if I miss out.
If you start a gofundme, I'll contribute...just make the minimum a penny (asking for a cheap friend).

I have 38 games in my cart right now haha. I'm back into PC gaming as I bought a new one a few weeks ago. So it's nice to be able to play everything(older and new) at max settings with 60fps except the Crysis games...
If you just bought it you should be able to max out the Crysis games unless you really cheaped out on the vidcard.

I don't know why a lower amount of cores would even be a requirement for a game. You can use processor affinity to bind the process to only 4 cores. But it should only utilize the threading it can anyway, and not force threading on every core in the CPU. You aren't using all 8 cores to play Solitaire or Ziggurat, for instance. Weird way to make a game.

If you are still trying to reach your $6 goal I was going to buy The Saboteur. I wanted Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb but I would swear the price was $1.49 a couple of days ago. 50 cents is 50 cents.

So, how's everyone's GOG Haul for this Summer Sale 2018 going...?
The Saboteur price was too good to pass up. I also picked a few games that have decent discounts and have been sitting in my wish list for a while:

The Saboteur

Ultima 8 Gold Edition
Avernum: The Complete Saga
Anno 1503 A.D

bread's done
Back