GOG Deals Thread

Do I not post enough in this thread or something these days ? ;)

Am I way behind the rest of the posters in here?

I normally do most of my posting in the Steam+ thread, but post here and there in this thread when they have big sales and/or I see something get added to GOG's DRM-Free party.

I'm also surprised some threads like GOG and Fanatical threads haven't been, more or less, folded into the very popular Steam+ Thread.
Don't worry, you win for the 'highest number of rhetorical questions' award.

That's a fair price for silent hill. Let's hope 2 and 3 come to gog too.
I hope those come to GOG too.

And also SH: Homecoming (which is on Steam).

I would love to see them port the other missing SH games come here - i.e. SH1; Downpour; Shattered Memories; Origins. Did I miss any others?

Maybe those missing titles coming to PC would/could happen, if they had a re-release of those games going to all platforms (i.e. to PC; X1 and X Series; Switch; and PS4 and PS5)?

EDIT:

I wonder about SH2+3 though. Didn't some voice-actors say they owned the rights to their voice-acting and mo-cap before and needed residuals for re-releases? (i.e. namely, when the HD Collection came out on consoles, way back).

Regardless, Konami re-releasing SH series and MGS series should and would be an easy way for them to make some $.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's a fair price for silent hill. Let's hope 2 and 3 come to gog too.
Hope so too. I have no idea how the ports are and if there are mods available, but sold my PS2 copies shortly before the remaster, and that turned out badly, so it'd be nice to have the originals again.

I hope those come to GOG too.

And also SH: Homecoming (which is on Steam).

I would love to see them port the other missing SH games come here - i.e. SH1; Downpour; Shattered Memories; Origins. Did I miss any others?

Maybe those missing titles coming to PC would/could happen, if they had a re-release of those games going to all platforms (i.e. to PC; X1 and X Series; Switch; and PS4 and PS5)?

EDIT:

I wonder about SH2+3 though. Didn't some voice-actors say they owned the rights to their voice-acting and mo-cap before and needed residuals for re-releases? (i.e. namely, when the HD Collection came out on consoles, way back).

Regardless, Konami re-releasing SH series and MGS series should and would be an easy way for them to make some $.
There's also Book of Memories for Vita, which is the only one I haven't played and remains in my backlog. It sounds very different from the others from what I've heard (if I remember correctly, it's supposedly like Diablo). That would be great to have all those games available on PC, though.

I played BoM on Vita and liked it for what it was, but the screen was undersized for my poor eyes. Wish they would do a big screen port to PC that I could properly backlog.

I just installed GOG Galaxy on a new computer, but all of the games that I downloaded will only open in windowed mode and not in full screen mode.  Anyone know a way around this problem?

It's probably something that's fixable or adjustable per game, or something in the settings with the new computer. Really hard to say with no more info.

It's probably something that's fixable or adjustable per game, or something in the settings with the new computer. Really hard to say with no more info.
I lowered the resolution and that made the window bigger. I'll have to keep fiddling with the settings. But thanks for the reply.

General stuff with W10 and resolutions:

In general, here's some things to do if your games won't be in exclusive full-screen mode, especially on W10 - to try to correct that:

1. Turn the Display scaling w/in Windows back to 100%. Playing with scaling doesn't always agree with Windows, when it comes to games. Sometimes, it's as simple as that.

2. Change or make sure your NVidia Panel's scaling or AMD panel's scaling to either "No Scaling" or "100%" (i.e. normal default). Sometimes, it's the scaling giving the game some issues here.

3. Disable custom resolutions via NVidia Panel, if you're on Nvidia...or the same w/ your AMD equivalent AMD Panel program. Use the normal ones, if you're at 16:9 ratio for Widescreen here (like most gamers) - i.e. 720p, 900p, 1080p, 1440p, 2160p, etc etc. 

4. Turn off some stuff running in the background, if need be - use the Taskbar Manager. Something that's running could be conflicting w/ your game. See if that does the trick.

5. Make sure your game's in-game resolution and your PC's resolution are set to the same resolution; they should match - if your Display via Windows is at 1920x1080 (1080p) in Windows, your in-game normally should match that. Otherwise, who knows what could go wrong. [shrug]

Other notes:

Older games (not built for W10) don't always agree w/ W10 anyways no matter what, so...sometimes on W10, you're stuck w/ Windowed Full-Screen or Windowed Mode (at the resolution you set it at)  - see Dungeon Siege 1+2 and Space Siege, pretty much; and that doesn't always solve everything either.

Sometimes, especially for older titles - i.e. think the old Dungeon Siege 1+2 and Space Siege -you also just need an app like Fullscreenizer or Borderless Gaming to make your games into a Windowed Fullscreen, just to get them to work and render stuff properly. Run those in the background when running a game, just to knock some sense into it.

Also, check PC Gaming Wiki for your specific game and see if someone made an unofficial patch, widescreen mod, or some kind of patch that fixes a game, so it works in exclusive fullscreen.

Newer games: 

If the option's there, use the in-game Dynamic Resolution or a Resolution Percentage (below or above) inside the in-game menu only, if you're trying to not match resolutions b/t your display via Windows and your actual game itself. I've had this issue w/ modern Frostbite games (i.e. ME: Andromeda and Battlefield 1) and Dishonored 2.

Say you want to run ME: Andromeda at 900p in-game (for better performance, since it runs like "meh"), but Frostbite Engine is acting up and won't full-screen b/c it wants the screen to be 1080p (it does that a lot) and the game in-game at 900p.

Don't do that, Frostbite hates that; set DSR up in-game instead. Set the main resolution to 1080p both in-game and with your display (or whatever you want - but just make them match). Go a step further and also in-game in your in-game graphics/display option, then also set the Render Resolution percentage below that to equal the render in-game for whatever framerate (if you want it do be dynamic based on performance or if you just straight-up want it rendering lower in-game no matter what). This way, you get UI always at 1080p properly looking crisp (not pixelated), even though the game might not always run at 1080p b/c you set the Percentage of rendering below that (to say whatever percentage gets you to 900p, for whatever instance of hitting a certain framerate target).

@JoseKortez

I try to help. Glad to help. :)

I've been through plenty of issues before w/ dealing w/ resolutions, rendering, trying to make a game work exclusive full-screen (b/c it runs way better), trying to get it even to work in Windowed mode (older games), etc etc.

As great as W10 is in many ways - yeah, it can be a pain in the neck, at times.

I recently went through issues w/ NWN2: Complete from GOG (just trying to get that to just even work, try get it exclusive full-screen, had to use windows fullscreen instead, etc) and even the brand new Wasteland 3 (via Xbox for PC Game Pass) on Windows 10.

With Wasteland 3, I couldn't even get it Exclusive Fullscreen going on W10, so I had to run it Windowed Fullscreen. Windows Fullscreen often doesn't run as well as Exclusive Fullscreen.

Maybe I missed something for a work-around/fix, who knows; but I tried tons of stuff (many of the stuff I mentioned) and it just wouldn't work. Who knows, could've been an issue w/ Windows Store version itself, as others had no issue w/ the game in other PC versions (i.e. Steam version). [shrug]

MechWarrior 5 Mercs stuff - DLC preview; game coming to GOG and Steam soon; etc etc:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFZ5E13dxSM

Notes:
- Preview for MW5: Mercs: Heroes of the Inner Sphere DLC in this video
- If a player owns DLC, only that player can host co-op games w/ this DLC
- DLC owners can let 3 other players who DON'T own the DLC play with them.
- DLC is coming out on December 10th, 2020 for the release date to Epic & Microsoft Store.
- At the end, video also shows a Steam and GOG logo in there...
- ...So this game and its DLC are both coming to Steam & GOG on Dec. 10th.

There’s a Visa-related promotion to get Children of Morta free after spending $25 and jumping through a couple Visa-related hoops, but who’s gonna spend $25 on a GOG sale?

There’s a Visa-related promotion to get Children of Morta free after spending $25 and jumping through a couple Visa-related hoops, but who’s gonna spend $25 on a GOG sale?
I tried to do it the other day when I bought the Fallout bundle and a few other cheap low-end games, and the promotion wouldn't allow me to save my card to my account. I emailed GOG support, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I don't feel very confident that I'm going to get the code.

Any Blood fans out there? For whatever reason, Fresh Supply was on my wish list so I grabbed it without thinking for $5.99 and afterwords noticed that OUWH is already on my account. Did I just make a stupid purchase or is this thing worth $6 for some nostalgia?

Edit: I believe I was thinking of Diablo when I saw the sale since it has never went under 15% off except that time I got the targeted discount of 25% and passed like a chump (also one of my cherished games for childhood). Based on isthereanydeal I just got caught slippin' on this sale.

Owners of BloodRayne 1 and BloodRayne 2 on GOG or Steam...

...be prepared for a Free Update & Upgrade to New Versions on Nov. 20th:

GOG - https://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_terminal_cuts_of_bloodrayne_and_bloodrayne_2_ef6a5

GameSpot - https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bloodrayne-gets-revived-with-enhanced-pc-versions-later-this-month/1100-6484042/

Info:

- Owners of BloodRayne 1 on GOG or Steam, you'll be upgraded to a Remaster of it called BloodRayne 1: Terminal Cut on the respective store you own it on.

- Owners of BloodRayne 2 on GOG or Steam, you'll be upgraded to a Remaster of it called BloodRayne 2: Terminal Cut on the respective store you own it on.

Terminal Cut info for BR1 and BR2:

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/coming_soon_terminal_cuts_of_bloodrayne_and_bloodrayne_2_ef6a5/post22

Support for higher display resolutions (up to 4K / 3840×2160)
Improved rendering with up to 4x anti-aliasing
Upscaled cinematic videos
Support for modern gamepads (XInput controller support)
Improvements to lighting at engine level, plus fully reprocessed lighting data
Engine improvements to support uncompressed original textures

Improvements to effects such as reflections, water, fog, and shadows

Localizations include:
BloodRayne: Fully voiced with localized interfaces in English, French, Italian, Spanish
BloodRayne 2: Localized interface and subtitles for English, French, German, Italian, Spanish

Optimized for Windows 10

How are there so many The Dark Eye video games? I know it’s popular in Europe, but it’s like there are ten or twenty times more games based on that system than any other pen and paper RPG save D&D. Is the system free to license or something?
Probably the license getting licensed out like crazy to make $, I'd guess. [shrug]

It's much more popular license over in Europe opposed to says here in the States.

Regardless, I have played Drakensang: The Dark Eye. Never finished this, but - I did like it. It's basically another NWN1, NWN2, DAO or one of those classics style CRPG's - if you're into those style of CRPG's.

$2.49 for that sounds like a solid deal for an old-school CRPG.

There's a few twists on this system, like injuries of NPC's "Die"...well, here, they get knocked out in a fight. When you get them back up, they get penalties from being knocked-out.

It's a real pain to get Steam-version of this going well, as I was messing w/ that version yesterday. You have to use Launch Commands at launch - Right click on Drakensang in Steam library and use these commands: -novideo -windowed -noborder ... and yeah, I can get it going, but it's still, not really ideal to me.

Looks like some stuff in GOG's version got fixed too, like W10 issues and Fullscreen problems too - https://www.gog.com/forum/drakensang/does_the_gog_version_run_in_fullscreen_on_win_10

I really hope Drakensang: The River of Time and Philleason's Secret come to GOG; especially since it's all on the same engine, more or less.

bread's done
Back