GOG PROMO: Ground Control pack for $8.38 this weekend only

xycury

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
gcns.jpg

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/ground_control_pack

Even finding all the games and that expansion, you'll be spending at least 3 times as much.

Great deal!

[quote name='eastx']What are they like?[/QUOTE]

You mean the games?

RTS

Similar to Earth 2140/2150/2160 and the Moon project.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Thanks.

I find that promo image rather interesting and the games do look cool. But man, I have too many RTS game salready.

[quote name='eastx']What are they like?[/QUOTE]
More RTT than RTS (no base-building, only resourse is "acquisition points")

If you've played World in Conflict, the GC games are made by the same devs.

Ground Control is available for free download as a promo for GC2 (doesn't include the expansion, however)

GC2 Demo

They were good games, unfortunately the online multiplayer for them is no longer available (unless they have some workaround for that now). The expansion to the first game was actually free originally, it was like $1.99 shipping and handling and they sent you the disc. And yes, they're unit-based RTS games, probably more similar to Company of Heroes or Myth than anything.

What's in the "special edition" for Ground Control 2 though? I only have the retail release and never heard of a special edition for the game.

[quote name='Edge']What's in the "special edition" for Ground Control 2 though? I only have the retail release and never heard of a special edition for the game.[/QUOTE]

The only thing I could find was a Mobygames entry. What made it a SE was a Making-Of DVD, from which I assume the "making of video" from GOG is taken.

Too bad they didn't include soundtracks in the releases. At least you can just extract the music from the game files (at least you could in the GC2 demo - including a bit of surprise music).

[quote name='cheapo72']The only thing I could find was a Mobygames entry. What made it a SE was a Making-Of DVD, from which I assume the "making of video" from GOG is taken.

Too bad they didn't include soundtracks in the releases. At least you can just extract the music from the game files (at least you could in the GC2 demo - including a bit of surprise music).[/QUOTE]

Yeah, the soundtracks are awesome! Great games too.

Classic, classic games. Haven't played them in years, so I think I will be partaking in this one. Can't really lose. Just out a few bucks.

bread's done
Back