GOG - Strategy First games - 30/50% off (And a special Loyalty Bonus)

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Until Friday, October 22 at 6 a.m. EDT, Strategy First is offering all of its titles (except JA: Deadly Games) for 30% off. If you buy/complete the whole pack, you'll receive a 50% discount.

Promo Page

Apache vs. Havoc $2.99 / $4.19
Comanche vs. Hokum $2.99 / $4.19
Combat Chess: Special Edition $2.99 / $4.19
Combat Mission: Beyond Overlord $4.99 / $6.99
Darkstar One $4.99 / $6.99
Disciples: Sacred Lands - Gold $4.99 / $6.99 ["Gold" adds 25 scenarios and multiplayer]
Disciples II: Gold $4.99 / $6.99 [includes Guardians of the Light, Servants of the Dark, and Rise of the Elves expansions]
Flatout $2.99 / $4.19
Ghost Master $2.99 / $4.19
Jagged Alliance $4.99 / $6.99
Jagged Alliance 2 $4.99 / $6.99
Patrician III $4.99 / $6.99
Port Royale 2 $4.99 / $6.99
Pro Pinball: Timeshock $2.99 / $4.19
Pro Pinball: Big Race USA $2.99 / $4.19
Pro Pinball: Fantastic Journey $2.99 / $4.19
Sacred Gold $4.99 / $6.99 [includes Sacred: Underworld expansion]
Strategic Command: European Theater $4.99 / $6.99

Loyalty Bonus:
Anyone who has an account from GOG's "Beta" period, can receive Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games for FREE. Already bought it? Pick any other Strategy First title for FREE.

Mobygames:
Demos/Videos:

Last edited by a moderator:
nice, Ill see if the Jagged Alliance deal works for me..amazingly, I never played that game when I was a teenager when it came out. A buddy of mine thought it was all the rage, I just couldn't be pulled away from those C&C games!

I certainly was surprised to see another free game from GOG on my shelf. And it's a game I never played before. Bravo to them. :applause: I'll probably end up buying a game or two with this promo. After all my backlog is never too long! ;)

You guys already have it in your accounts? I have a GOG account from like 6-ish months ago and don't have JA: DG in my list of games =(

[quote name='Darknuke']You guys already have it in your accounts? I have a GOG account from like 6-ish months ago and don't have JA: DG in my list of games =([/QUOTE]

yeah, I kept refreshing mine every 20 mins or so and it is there now. At first there was a clear box and I thought it was glitched, guess it just had to buffer the image really quick..just wait, it'll be there.

Yep, I have the Jagged Alliance: Deadly Games in my games list at GOG. I logged in to the site at about 8:30amPST. Maybe they're doing it in batches?

This is a really nice gesture from GOG. I'm over the sting of their earlier shutdown marketing ploy already, mainly because I love their catalog, the great forum functionality, and overall site layout.

never heard of this game before, but the price is right :) Already in my account, doubt ill play it for more than 5 minutes when I have games like dead rising 2, vanquish, and falloout new vegas on the way

[quote name='Darknuke']You guys already have it in your accounts? I have a GOG account from like 6-ish months ago and don't have JA: DG in my list of games =([/QUOTE]
I have it. Maybe they're doing it by senority? I've been a member since the first month it went to public beta.

Nice gesture. I wish they had picked a game that I didn't have the boxed version of, but at least reinstalling is much easier than digging out the CD-ROMS.

I may pick up JA2 off this deal. I assume it's much better than JA?

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Does anyone know what the alternative game is? The one you get if youve already bought JA?[/QUOTE]

From looking at their forums, it looks like you get to choose from a list of other Strategy First games. Nothing really awesome.

Not complaining or anything but I really wish that GOG.com would stop doing the 50% if you buy the entire library promotions. That in itself isn't a problem but the fact that during these promotions I almost always have a couple of games in the collection already. I would have to re-buy those games to get the discount. I would think that a promotion that gave you a discount if you purchased 80% or 90% of the library would make more sense. In any case, Gog.com has done an excellent job pricing their games fairly and giving gamers access to classics without bankrupting us:)

[quote name='Clownzilla']Not complaining or anything but I really wish that GOG.com would stop doing the 50% if you buy the entire library promotions. That in itself isn't a problem but the fact that during these promotions I almost always have a couple of games in the collection already. I would have to re-buy those games to get the discount. I would think that a promotion that gave you a discount if you purchased 80% or 90% of the library would make more sense. In any case, Gog.com has done an excellent job pricing their games fairly and giving gamers access to classics without bankrupting us:)[/QUOTE]

No you don't. You can't even re-buy games(unless you're gifting and you can't gift games with most promotions) on GOG. Games you own already are grayed out and don't count.

[quote name='Clownzilla']Not complaining or anything but I really wish that GOG.com would stop doing the 50% if you buy the entire library promotions. That in itself isn't a problem but the fact that during these promotions I almost always have a couple of games in the collection already. I would have to re-buy those games to get the discount. I would think that a promotion that gave you a discount if you purchased 80% or 90% of the library would make more sense. In any case, Gog.com has done an excellent job pricing their games fairly and giving gamers access to classics without bankrupting us:)[/QUOTE]

That's not true at all. Read the last paragraph of the promo.

If you buy all Strategy First games included in the promo or complete the promo pack you'll receive a 50% discount. If you want to buy only selected titles from the promo you'll get a 30% off.

So if you buy all of the games in the offer that you don't already own, you get 50% off. And this is true for all of their promo packs. As a matter of fact when you are logged in, the only games showing in these deals are the games you don't already own.

[quote name='postulio']so is Deadly Games an expansion to JA? or like a "GOLD" version? im at work but cant wait to play it.[/QUOTE]

It was basically a stand-alone expansion. It added multiplayer, a new single-player campaign, a few new mercs, and an editor, but the mechanics and graphics were the same as the original game. It didn't include the original campaign, though.

JA2 is my favorite of the series by a lot and the only one on my go back and randomly play list.

[quote name='keithp']Nice gesture. I wish they had picked a game that I didn't have the boxed version of, but at least reinstalling is much easier than digging out the CD-ROMS.

I may pick up JA2 off this deal. I assume it's much better than JA?[/QUOTE]

I've been signed up with GOG for a few years, had my game when I checked this AM - kind of wish I already owned JA2, since I'd have rather tried out Port Royale 2 :D

But hey, Free is Free!

And this is my first freebie from GoG so I am happy. :)

[quote name='Soma_Cruz']No you don't. You can't even re-buy games(unless you're gifting and you can't gift games with most promotions) on GOG. Games you own already are grayed out and don't count.[/QUOTE]

I didn't know that. Learn something new every day:)

I already owned the JA title, so I picked up Combat Mission for free because everything else was pinball games, Combat Chess and some other board-game-looking WWII strategy title.

Ends at 6 AM EDT, so buy now if you're going to.

And anyone planning to complete the pack, choose your free game first (if you have one).

Final bump with a few tracks from the bonus soundtracks:

Darkstar One Disciples Disciples II Ghost Master Jagged Alliance 2 Patrician III Port Royale 2 Sacred Sacred: Underworld http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZO9xNJSZTSE

It looks like a lot of people are confusing Jagged Alliance 1: Deadly Games with Jagged Alliance 2. Deadly Games is to JA1 what Vice City is to GTAIII; JA2 is more like GTAIV (new engine etc).

Jagged Alliance 2 is absolutely fantastic, by the way, and if I didn't already have it on Steam and on disc I'd probably have bought it again. Probably would have done anyway to support GOG if not for their little stunt.

bread's done
Back