GOG Weekend Deal - Apogee Games - 50% Off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Through Monday, September 12 11:59 p.m. EDT, GOG's selection of classic Apogee shooters is available for 50% off. This isn't a bundle deal, so buy one or all five.

[Promo Page]

Duke Nukem 3D: Atomic Edition $2.99 [includes Plutonium Pak expansion]
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project $2.99
Rise of the Triad: Dark War $2.99
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold $2.99
Blake Stone: Planet Strike $2.99

Mobygames:
Duke Nukem 3D (88)
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project (76)
Rise of the Triad: Dark War (78)
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold (3.4/5)
Blake Stone: Planet Strike (3.8/5)

Demos:
Rise of the Triad: Dark War
Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold

Blake Stone: Planet Strike

Duke Nukem 3D
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project

Gameplay Videos:
Duke Nukem 3D [with hi-res pack]
Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project Rise of the Triad: Dark War Blake Stone: Aliens of Gold Blake Stone: Planet Strike

Sweet mother I've been waiting forever for the DUKE to go on sale. Time to pick him up :D. Thanks OP. Does anyone have any comments about the others? They seem to be built on the same engine and were released around the time of Duke, are they worth while? They look interesting. For now I'll just pick up the Duke.

Hells yeah! :D Been waiting for this one, especially on grabbing Duke 3D. (Though I'm no less excited for getting Blake Stone!)

Now if only I hadn't already bought RotT on sale, I'd have an excuse to pick that up too. =(

[quote name='hamberger']Was hoping that Mystic Towers and other Apogee games were available on GOG... :([/QUOTE]
I hear you there. It'd be awesome to see more love for some of the older Apogee classics. =( (Biomenace, Duke Nukem 1/2, Alien Carnage, Hocus Pocus, Boppin, etc)

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']I hear you there. It'd be awesome to see more love for some of the older Apogee classics. =( (Biomenace, Duke Nukem 1/2, Alien Carnage, Hocus Pocus, Boppin, etc)[/QUOTE]

I am 99% sure that Bio Menace and Alien Carnage are freeware now, along with Stargunner.

ROTT? Now that brings back some memories!

Blake Stone was the enhanced Wolfenstein!

Do I have to use QEMM or adjust my HIMEM.sys to get these games working? Or do I have to create a special bootdisk? LOL J/K

[quote name='DaedalusIkari']I hear you there. It'd be awesome to see more love for some of the older Apogee classics. =( (Biomenace, Duke Nukem 1/2, Alien Carnage, Hocus Pocus, Boppin, etc)[/QUOTE]

They're available on 3D Realms' website. But I really like how GOG packages its games in one neat, clean installer, and more or less takes the guesswork out of getting DOSBox to run games correctly.

I'm just too lazy to do any of that myself.

Picked up Duke 3D. Absolutely no clue where the old retail disc went, but its good to have it again with GoG's work they do to make sure it runs on my modern computer.

I would play a new ROTT game for sure if one was ever made. I need more god, mushroom, and dog "modes" in my fps games. What company owns this franchise now does anybody happen to know?

+1 on this. Thanks to the other posters I was able to track down Alien Carnage for free, legitimately. I do agree about the packaging with GOG, it would be nice if it was released with manual and all that stuff.

bread's done
Back