GOG Weekend Deal - Arcanum/Vampire: Redemption - 20-30% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)
Good deal on Arcanum. If anyone likes the old-school Fallouts this is a no brainer--lots of ways to complete quests and the game plays very differently depending on how you roll your character. Combat can be unbalanced, but it's still a good game.

Second the recommendation on Arcanum. It's not cutting edge graphics (not even rendered if I remember...), but a ton of fun.

I really enjoyed Vampire Redemption. Though at this point the graphics might make your eyes bleed. Nothing groundbreaking in terms of story or gameplay, just something pretty solid and enjoyable. Be warned though, it is very very different from Trokia's Vampire Bloodlines.

I got Vampire back during release week in like 99 or something. It was a great game with great atmosphere and music. Levels were lacking a little more props and details though.

The level editor for online was awesome too. Wife and I would make really crazy detailed levels for run and gunning games.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is that an Infinity Engine game out of curiosity?[/QUOTE]

Not sure which you're asking about, but neither of the two listed games use the Infinity Engine.

Arcanum is a mad awesome game, i cried when it came out on GOG :D, i'm buying Vampire since it looks cool and kinda like neverwinter nights.

[quote name='KillingMachine']I'd been waiting for some kind of promo offer for Arcanum. Went ahead and picked up Vampire too.[/QUOTE]

Same here, been waiting for a promo on Arcanum, and even though I beat Vampire years ago, I went ahead and got that to..

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is that an Infinity Engine game out of curiosity?[/QUOTE]
As Bruticis wrote, neither uses the Infinity engine (Baldur's Gate/Icewind Dale/Planescape: Torment only), but Arcanum will please fans of any of those games and has the same general perspective, turn-based/real-time combat, etc. with a healthy dash of Fallout thrown in.

Since Activision hasn't included soundtracks with their releases:
Ben Hogue's (the composer for Arcanum) website with link to mp3/lossless

Vampire's music by Kevin Mathei (Sacrifice, JA2, Wizardry 8, Champions Online) should be available in the /sounds/music subdirectory.

A stickler for the P&P rules? Get the WODMOD from PlanetVampire [Redemption/Bloodlines resources].

Sale ends in a few hours.

bread's done
Back