GOG Weekend Deal - Atari D&D Games - 20-60% Off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

To help commemorate GOG's 3rd Birthday, through Monday, September 26th at 11:59 EDT, their selection of classic games set in the Dungeons & Dragons Universe(s?) are available at a base discount of 20%.

Here's where it gets a little complicated. For every additional promo game you buy, your overall discount increases 5% for up to 60% in savings. As, usual, games you already own count towards "pack completion".

[Promo Page]

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga $7.99 / $3.99 [includes Tales of the Sword Coast expansion]
Baldur's Gate II: Complete $7.99 / $3.99 [includes Throne of Bhaal expansion]
Icewind Dale: Complete $7.99 / $3.99 [includes Heart of Winter and Trials of the Luremaster expansions]
Icewind Dale II: Complete $7.99 / $3.99 [includes the Adventure Pack content]
Planescape: Torment $7.99 / $3.99
Neverwinter Nights: Diamond Edition $7.99 / $3.99 [includes Shadows of Undrentide, Hordes of the Underdark, and Kingmaker expansions]
The Temple of Elemental Evil: A Classic Greyhawk Adventure $4.79 / $2.39
Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone $7.99 / $3.99
Dungeons & Dragons: Dragonshard $7.99 / $3.99

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='GlassAgate']I could have sworn that I saw, perhaps a target, a retail release
of all of the Baulder's Gate games. I guess that it would have been
the older version.[/QUOTE]

There has been a 4-in-1 release of the Baldur's gates game, as well as I believe Icewind Dale. You can find it on Amazon (link) and it's possible it could've been in store.

On a side note, I'm still willing to gift people whichever games they want using my 60% discount if you'd send me the money on Paypal first. I bought the whole pack, so I gift copies of the games to others at the 60% discount. I've done this for a few people today and it's worked well. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, I should be around for most of the night. :)

[quote name='nietzsche74']I already own BG 1 & 2, NN and ToEE on disk; shouldn't I get a further discount?[/QUOTE]

Not sure if you're being serious or not...but no, you must own the games on GOG. I own BG 1, 2, and Planescape on disc, but I think I'm going to pick up the whole pack for the convenience.

[quote name='Rehykja']
On a side note, I'm still willing to gift people whichever games they want using my 60% discount if you'd send me the money on Paypal first. I bought the whole pack, so I gift copies of the games to others at the 60% discount. I've done this for a few people today and it's worked well. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, I should be around for most of the night. :)[/QUOTE]

Id suggested it earlier, as there is really nothing dastardly about this deal. Were CAGs, this is why we have a community, so we can take advantage of stuff like this. I teamed up with Rehykja earlier and snagged ToEE for $2.59 as I wasn't interested in any of the other games. Id definitely recommend it for people only interested in some of the titles.

[quote name='TctclMvPhase']Id suggested it earlier, as there is really nothing dastardly about this deal. Were CAGs, this is why we have a community, so we can take advantage of stuff like this. I teamed up with Rehykja earlier and snagged ToEE for $2.59 as I wasn't interested in any of the other games. Id definitely recommend it for people only interested in some of the titles.[/QUOTE]

Glad I could help you out, man. :)

Still willing to do this today in case anyone is interested. I'll be around on and off today, but turn around time should be decently quick. I managed to help out five folks yesterday with no issues and was even given a little pocket change in tips (obviously not required), so it's worked out well for everyone. :)

Been going back and forth on this all weekend...think im going to bite and just get all the games. I doubt that we will ever get a better deal than this again at any place or location.

[quote name='kosmos13x']Been going back and forth on this all weekend...think im going to bite and just get all the games. I doubt that we will ever get a better deal than this again at any place or location.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I've put about 4 hours into Baldur's Gate so far and while the cinematics are nearly laughable nowadays, the game still scratches an itch that few other RPGs can touch. I'm looking forward to finally beating it and moving onto the rest of the stuff in the collection.

I wound up not buying the hack n' slash one and the RTS one but everything else seems to be right up my alley.

[quote name='Halo05']Agreed. I've put about 4 hours into Baldur's Gate so far and while the cinematics are nearly laughable nowadays, the game still scratches an itch that few other RPGs can touch. I'm looking forward to finally beating it and moving onto the rest of the stuff in the collection.

I wound up not buying the hack n' slash one and the RTS one but everything else seems to be right up my alley.[/QUOTE]

Yah, the funny part is that I have half of those already on disks (that are probably scratched up haha). Having a digital download drm free + win 7 compat + gog extras makes it sooooo worth it.

You bring up a good point, sure the graphics are not OMG CRYSIS but the actual game overall shows that they don't make epic memorable games like they used to these days :)

[quote name='Rehykja']Glad I could help you out, man. :)

Still willing to do this today in case anyone is interested. I'll be around on and off today, but turn around time should be decently quick. I managed to help out five folks yesterday with no issues and was even given a little pocket change in tips (obviously not required), so it's worked out well for everyone. :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks to Rehykia for gifting the games with the 60% discount. Now to sell my hard copy of BGII and Planescape.

If this tiered sale structure becomes a regular occurrence, it may be worth starting a thread in the trade forum for organizing group buys and gift trading similar to the Steam thread.

Neverwinter nights has not aged well. Kind of regretting that purchase.... Just an FYI to anybody still on the fence.

I already had almost everything else.

[quote name='ChernobylCow']Well many of these games are from 1998+. The newest is Neverwinter Nights and it does have a retail release...w/o the expansions that is available easily on Amazon.[/QUOTE]
The GOG version is the Diamond version, which contains the most extra content.

Just a reminder that this sale runs til 11:59PM EDT tonight. If anyone wants to only purchase a few games and still get the 60% discount shoot me a PM. I can purchase extra gift copies using the full discount since I own the whole pack.

I went ahead and bought all of the ones I didn't already have on GOG, including the ones like BG that I had the retail discs for. It's just too damn convenient not to have to dig out the discs everytime I want to reinstall one of these! Plus I figure this is about as cheap as they're getting.

I know I said a few pages back that I was going to pull the trigger on all of them...but now I can't do it for some reason. Since I already own NWN Diamond, BG1, BG2 and PST all on disc, I'm not sure that the pack is worth it. I'm not especially interested in Icewind Dale or the other games in the pack (somebody convince me otherwise) - but while having them all on GOG is great, not sure if it's worth it (I have to admit, while owning all of them, I haven't played more than a few hours of BG1, and the rest I got cheap a few years back and have been collecting dust, so it's probably an impulse buy).

Help CAGs! Give me some advice one way or the other, haha.

[quote name='blitztwn36']I know I said a few pages back that I was going to pull the trigger on all of them...but now I can't do it for some reason. Since I already own NWN Diamond, BG1, BG2 and PST all on disc, I'm not sure that the pack is worth it. I'm not especially interested in Icewind Dale or the other games in the pack (somebody convince me otherwise) - but while having them all on GOG is great, not sure if it's worth it (I have to admit, while owning all of them, I haven't played more than a few hours of BG1, and the rest I got cheap a few years back and have been collecting dust, so it's probably an impulse buy).

Help CAGs! Give me some advice one way or the other, haha.[/QUOTE]

I definately know where you are coming from. I own disk versions on half of those also but ended up getting the pack. Three things to ask yourself that will help you decide (answers are different for each person!)

1) What condition are your disks in? Are they clean and near scratchless or do they look like they have a bunch of scratches that could cause issues?

2) What operating system are you using? Do your disk versions work perfectly on win 7 (or even vista or xp) or do you need something that has win 7 (and back) compatibility?

3) Do you plan on playing on different computers or install/uninstall a lot? Digital version actually might be handy for this task.

YMMV, but these three questions is what I asked myself that prompted me to get the gog.com version. Hope this helps either way!

[quote name='kosmos13x']2) What operating system are you using? Do your disk versions work perfectly on win 7 (or even vista or xp) or do you need something that has win 7 (and back) compatibility?[/QUOTE]

Good point on #2 - and now I must ask - how do the original discs run on Windows 7? Anyone hear of widespread issues? I couldn't really find any huge issues via Google, so I'm guessing no.

Sale ends tonight.

Most of these games were introduced with a plethora of extra goodies, including some great soundtracks.

Planescape: Torment - Mark Morgan (Fallout, Descent II, Zork: Nemesis) Icewind Dale - Jeremy Soule (Morrowind, Total Annihilation, Knight of the Old Republic) Icewind Dale II - Inon Zur (Crysis, Dragon Age, Fallout 3) Baldur's Gate - Michael Hoenig Baldur's Gate II - Michael Hoenig/Howard Drossin Neverwinter Nights - Jeremy Soule (Dungeon Siege, Guild Wars, Giants: Citizen Kabuto)

Last call for me purchasing extra gift copies for folks at 60% off for Paypal is going to be 10pm EST tonight. Shoot me a PM before then if you need assistance please. :)

bread's done
Back