GOG Weekend Deal - Atari Games - up to 50% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

This weekend, Atari is offering its GOG catalog (not including the 3 new D&D releases) for 30% off individual games. Get 50% when you buy/complete the pack. (Until Monday, October 11 at 11:59 p.m. EDT)

Promo Page

Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare $4.19 / $2.99
Blood: One Unit Whole Blood $4.19 / $2.99 [includes Plasma Pak & Cryptic Passage expansions]
Blood II: The Chosen $4.19 / $2.99 [includes Nightmare Levels expansion]
Independence War Deluxe $4.19 / $2.99 [includes Defiance expansion]
Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos $4.19 / $2.99
Master of Magic $4.19 / $2.99
Master of Orion 1+2 $4.19 / $2.99
Master of Orion 3 $6.99 / $4.99
Outcast $4.19 / $2.99
Total Annihilation: Commander Pack $4.19 / $2.99 [includes Core Contingency & Battle Tactics expansions]

Mobygames:
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare (76)
Blood (87)
Blood: Plasma Pak (4.0/5)
Blood: Cryptic Passage (3.8/5)
Blood II: The Chosen (75)
Blood II: The Chosen - The Nightmare Levels (52)
Independence War: The Starship Simulator (83)
Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos (82)
Master of Magic (84)
Master of Orion (3.9/5)
Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares (84)
Master of Orion 3 (65)
Outcast (89)
Total Annihilation (91)
Total Annihilation: The Core Contingency (85)
Total Annihilation: Battle Tactics (73)

Demos/Videos:
Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare Blood Blood II: The Chosen Independence War: The Starship Simulator
Independence War: Defiance Independence War 2: Edge of Chaos Master of Magic Master of Orion Master of Orion II: Battle at Antares Outcast Total Annihilation Total Annihilation: Battle Tactics

Last edited by a moderator:
Master of Orion 3 price correction
Normal $9.99 ... Sale $6.99/$4.99 (although honestly, they should be paying people to download it, lol)

...and figures... I just bought Master of Orion 1 & 2 last week. :mad: Anyone know, if I buy the whole pack can I gift just MoO 1&2 ???

EDIT - Oh, I see what they did... if you already own certain games they simply remove them, but you still get 50% off the rest of the pack... wow, GOG rocks. ;)

This is an awesome deal. The last bundle pack had a few stinkers. But 80% of these are classics.

Edit: Also get Icewind Dale if you can. It's one of the great RPG's.

It's funny, I'd been waiting months (years?) for Independence Wars 1 & 2 to go on sale on GOG, but then when they "closed" I picked both of them up cheaper from somewhere else.

Their hilarious joke cost them a couple of sales today. :/ Oh well. At least I can access my copies whenever I want, instead of whenever they aren't feeling in a "funny" mood.

So I've heard so much about MOO 2 over the years, and I do like space 4X games.

However: how dated does it feel? Specifically the interface. 4X games, in the end, are really are just interfaces to a massive number of game rules. "Spreadsheets in space" is not entirely inaccurate.

So anyway: does the interface feel clunky and slow for a modern gamer who has mouse multiple buttons and a scroll wheel and is familiar with tooltips and hotkeys and the like?

The TA Pack, MoO, and MoM.... Absolute steals. You will get many an hour out of any of those games!

And just to clarify, Master of Orion 3 is only good if you download one of the various user made mods available for it.

Awesome sale... will most likely just grab everything.

I removed the games I didn't want (MoO 3, Indepdence War 1 and 2) and I only ended up saving $3 so might as well just buy everything.

I've been waiting for this sale for a long time.

[quote name='cheapo72']This weekend, Atari is offering its GOG catalog (not including the 3 new D&D releases) for 30% off individual games. Get 50% when you buy/complete the pack.[/QUOTE]

Well done, Cheapo!
Your dedication is always appreciated.

[quote name='PenguinJim']It's funny, I'd been waiting months (years?) for Independence Wars 1 & 2 to go on sale on GOG, but then when they "closed" I picked both of them up cheaper from somewhere else.

Their hilarious joke cost them a couple of sales today. :/ Oh well. At least I can access my copies whenever I want, instead of whenever they aren't feeling in a "funny" mood.[/QUOTE]

Get some creme for your ass and shut up already.

FYI: I bought some games from last week's sale and haven't been able to download them successfully yet. I had trouble with Fallout 2 and Arcanum. (Already had FO2)

I emailed GoG about using the downloader and they said it's being worked on so it won't be available for awhile.

[quote name='necrojustice']FYI: I bought some games from last week's sale and haven't been able to download them successfully yet. I had trouble with Fallout 2 and Arcanum. (Already had FO2)

I emailed GoG about using the downloader and they said it's being worked on so it won't be available for awhile.[/QUOTE]

To clarify, did you download using the browser method, too? I tried using the downloader last week also when I bought Arcanum and the game wouldn't show up in the downloader. I just dlicked on the download link on the webpage instead and had no problems.

[quote name='necrojustice']FYI: I bought some games from last week's sale and haven't been able to download them successfully yet. I had trouble with Fallout 2 and Arcanum. (Already had FO2)

I emailed GoG about using the downloader and they said it's being worked on so it won't be available for awhile.[/QUOTE]

You must be using the downloader. There are no issues with downloading through a browser as far as I've experienced.

[quote name='TestType']You must be using the downloader. There are no issues with downloading through a browser as far as I've experienced.[/QUOTE]

I had an issue downloading one game, Earth 2160, in which the browser would freeze 40-50% into the download and would remain frozen for several minutes. After attempting to download it several times, I finally just let it run and came back 30-40 minutes later to find that it finally downloaded successfully (total download time was 8 min 33 sec). None of my other downloads have had any issues, including ones that are twice as large as Earth 2160, so I have no idea what the issue was with that one game.

From this sale, I picked up Total Annihilation. I have TA+CC on disc, but mine are pretty scratched, so it's good to have a backup for one of my favorite games for $4 (and I get the BT expansion as a useless extra).

[quote name='gargus']Get some creme for your ass and shut up already.[/QUOTE]
Heh, it crossed my mind to mention how downhill the GOG.com community has gone since the incident, with a seeming influx of rude members and exodus of polite helpfuls, but this post sums up the new mentality at GOG.com better than I ever could. :applause:

[quote name='G33']I had an issue downloading one game, Earth 2160, in which the browser would freeze 40-50% into the download and would remain frozen for several minutes. After attempting to download it several times, I finally just let it run and came back 30-40 minutes later to find that it finally downloaded successfully (total download time was 8 min 33 sec). None of my other downloads have had any issues, including ones that are twice as large as Earth 2160, so I have no idea what the issue was with that one game.

From this sale, I picked up Total Annihilation. I have TA+CC on disc, but mine are pretty scratched, so it's good to have a backup for one of my favorite games for $4 (and I get the BT expansion as a useless extra).[/QUOTE]

I did in fact try the browser download method. Any game over a certain size fails file verification. Fallout 2 and Arcanum specifically for me. Other games download fine. I've tried each multiple times.

Really didn't want Master of Orion 3, but the way the sale is set up it's cheaper to buy the whole pack than cut out one or even two.

I have yet to successfully download the Earth trilogy. I have tried about 6 times and it quits/freezes midway each time.

[quote name='MrDarkstorm']I have yet to successfully download the Earth trilogy. I have tried about 6 times and it quits/freezes midway each time.[/QUOTE]

Does GOG allow the use of external download managers? If so, I'd attempt to use one of them to save your download progress between freezes/crashes. I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but you can make it so that the download manager downloads the file as one large part instead of the default of four smaller parts if that is handled better by GOG's download server.

I haven't really kept up with which free download manager is best, but I use LeechGet (I believe the free version only supports one file download at a time).

[quote name='MrDarkstorm']I have yet to successfully download the Earth trilogy. I have tried about 6 times and it quits/freezes midway each time.[/QUOTE]

Make sure your network card is working properly. I was having the same problem and could not figure out why. My old card was dying and that site was giving me the most fits in downloading.

It would hang for me after like 1MB or so and would not progress no matter how often I would try. Strangely, Steam downloaded whole games properly with no issues.

The funny thing about it is I have downloaded every other game I bought there because of the "incident" and this one just does not want to go. I will keep trying there is no hurry I hope, plus with Icewind Dale and Baldur's Gate and Planescape I am rather busy.

[quote name='PenguinJim']Heh, it crossed my mind to mention how downhill the GOG.com community has gone since the incident, with a seeming influx of rude members and exodus of polite helpfuls, but this post sums up the new mentality at GOG.com better than I ever could. :applause:[/QUOTE]

Actually I've noticed the contrary since the 'shut down' as it seems like all the obsessively anti-drm/anti-Steam trolls have left their community and they were the most annoying.

Oh, maybe it's changed in the past two weeks then. I went back after the "joke" and asked if my downloading problems were because of gog.com or because I use Chrome in a thread about the site coming back up, and I received some ridiculously rude answers, the likes of which I'd never seen at gog.com before.

Quite similar to gargus' post, in fact.

I was hardly a frequent poster, usually just asking questions about the problems I was having with games that were supposed to work in Vista/W7 (still not fixed, but I was happy enough to give my money to support gog.com before and never asked for a refund), or helping other people fix their problems when I could, so maybe I only saw the helpful, polite side of gog before?

I really wish this is one of the sales that allowed for 50% off individual titles. :whistle2:?

Don't need the whole bundle - just want MOO1&2. Oh well - I think my backlog has hit insurmountable status anyway. :lol:

Final bump with tunes from the included soundtracks.

Outcast: Total Annihilation: Master of Magic: MOO2: MOO3: Blood: Blood 2: AOTD4:

[quote name='Gothic Walrus']Don't need the whole bundle - just want MOO1&2....[/QUOTE]
If you don't have working copies of Outcast & TA you should definitely consider picking those up (though the whole pack is a steal).

bread's done
Back