GOG Weekend Deal - Descent/Freespace games - 30 % off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Until Monday, April 26 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, GOG is offering each of Interplay's Descent or Descent: Freespace excellent space sims for $4.19 each (a 30% discount).

http://www.gog.com/en/promo/scifi_sim/

Descent 1 + 2 $4.19
Descent 3 + Expansion $4.19 [includes Descent 3 & Descent 3: Mercenary]
Freespace + expansion $4.19 [includes Descent: Freespace - The Great War & Descent: Freespace - Silent Threat]
Freespace 2 $4.19

[Orders should be made from the promo page]

Metacritic:
Descent (87)
Descent 2 (89)
Descent 3 (89)
Freespace 2 (91)

Mobygames:
Descent 3: Mercenary (72)
Descent: Freespace - The Great War (86)
Descent: Freespace - Silent Threat (80)

Demos:
Descent
Descent 2
Descent 3
Descent: Freespace - The Great War
Freespace 2

Last edited by a moderator:
Hells yes. Been waiting for something like this. Not really interested in Descent, but moreso Freespace. Which is the better and has the best modding community? 1 or 2?

[quote name='DukeEdwardI']Hells yes. Been waiting for something like this. Not really interested in Descent, but moreso Freespace. Which is the better and has the best modding community? 1 or 2?[/QUOTE]

If you need to pick 1...get 2.

In addition to Sylvanus' link, check the ModDB page (including ports of the Great War and Silent Threat campaigns.)

Done with all that but wanting more action from the Freespace universe? Try Freespace conversion mods for Homeworld (released) and Sins of a Solar Empire (in-progress).

[quote name='cheapo72']If you need to pick 1...get 2.

In addition to Sylvanus' link, check the ModDB page (including ports of the Great War and Silent Threat campaigns.)

Done with all that but wanting more action from the Freespace universe? Try Freespace conversion mods for Homeworld (released) and Sins of a Solar Empire (in-progress).[/QUOTE]

Holy crap. Freespace 2 it is then!

Do I need a joystick to enjoy this game? Or will M&KB suffice?

EDIT: For those who are also picking up Freespace 2 for the first time, there's a great installation file that will install all the latest versions of FSOpen, MediaVPs and other popular mods. It can be found here. I simply chose to install EVERYTHING so I wouldn't have to deal with it later. Takes a while though.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back