GOG Weekend Deal - DotEmu games - 30/50% off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Until Monday, November 8 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, get DotEmu-published games for 30% off. Buy/Complete the 4-game pack for a 50% discount.

Gobliiins Pack $2.99 / $4.19 [includes Gobiiins,Gobliins 2: Prince Buffoon, and Goblins Quest 3 (Floppy & CD versions)]
Ishar Compilation $2.99 / $4.19 [includes Crystals of Arborea, Ishar: Legend of the Fortress, Ishar 2: Messengers of Doom and Ishar 3: The Seven Gates of Infinity]
Raptor: Call of the Shadows - 2010 Edition $2.99 / $4.19 [2010 Edition includes options for higher resolution]
Robinson's Requiem Collection $2.99 / $4.19 [includes Robinson's Requiem & Deus]

Mobygames:
Gobliiins (68)
Gobliins 2: Prince Buffoon (3.6/5)
Goblins Quest 3 (3.9/5)
Crystals of Arborea (3.7/5)
Ishar: Legend of the Fortress (3.6/5)
Ishar 2: Messengers of Doom (3.7/5)
Ishar 3: The Seven Gates of Infinity (4/5)
Raptor: Call of the Shadows (76)
Robinson's Requiem (4/5)
Deus (3.2/5)

Videos:
Gobliiins Gobliins 2: Prince Buffoon Goblins Quest 3 Ishar: Legend of the Fortress Ishar 2: Messengers of Doom Ishar 3: The Seven Gates of Infinity Raptor: Call of the Shadows Robinson's Requiem Deus

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm guessing I'll have to wait till black friday for Planescape, Icewind dale, neverwinter nights, or anything else I want.

wow, I didn't even know they had Gobliins. that was one of the first PC games I really remember getting into 'Beglle-bye-be-giggle-giggle!'

Raptor: Call of the Shadows

The game I played while taking a break from DOOM back in the day.

Would like to see Rise of the Triad (ROT) thrown in there as well.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll bite.

Since they're all downloads does anyone know how many machines I can install it on? Just the one I download it on?

Nevermind I found my answer, I'll bite on a few this weekend.

4. Can I make backups of games downloaded from GOG.com?
Yes you can, and as a matter of fact we strongly recommend you do so – backing up your stuff is a very good habit, you know? Because our games are DRM-free, as soon as you download the setup file, you can back it up on a DVD or your external hard drive without hassle. Plus, as our installers are wrapped in nice .exe files, you can save them all in one folder and create a nice local backup of your games library! And if you forgot to backup your purchased games, fear not. You can always redownload them from our website for free – see below for more info. Sure, downloading will take a little bit longer than launching an installer from your backup disc, but that's no big deal.

[quote name='token2k6']wow, I didn't even know they had Gobliins. that was one of the first PC games I really remember getting into 'Beglle-bye-be-giggle-giggle!'[/QUOTE]

the game LOST VIKINGS was "borrowed" from.. to bad lost VIkings is considered a classic and nobody knows about Gobbliiins... Very fun games with a wicked sence of humor.

Holy shit Raptor?! That was the first top down shooter I'd ever played when I was a kid. I loved that game. Totally in for that for nostalgia sake!

Not happy with COG after the fiasco but I didn't hear about the updated version of Raptor.

Thanks OP might need to bite.

[quote name='levon15']Raptor: Call of the Shadows

The game I played while taking a break from DOOM back in the day.

Would like to see Rise of the Triad (ROT) thrown in there as well.

Hmmmm, maybe I'll bite.

Since they're all downloads does anyone know how many machines I can install it on? Just the one I download it on?[/QUOTE]

GoG is better than that. Once you download a game from them, it's yours forever. No DRM whatsoever to restrict your game usage. Install it on as many machines as you want, as often as you want.

I've been waiting on a deal on Raptor, and I've considered getting the other three games at one time or another. It looks like this will be the first time I buy the whole sale bundle.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']GoG is better than that. Once you download a game from them, it's yours forever. No DRM whatsoever to restrict your game usage. Install it on as many machines as you want, as often as you want.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, GoG is pretty much a CAG's utopia.

[quote name='vanlandw']Not happy with COG after the fiasco ...[/QUOTE]

That whole "fiasco" was worth it just to watch the enormous over-reaction. Loads of fun. I didn't realize people were still holding a grudge over it, though.

IMHO, GOG is a wonderful site for old games that deserves our support for providing a great service to nostalgia-fueled gamers everywhere. If they want to throw in a few bizarre marketing stunts to keep us entertained, then that's icing on the cake.

[quote name='levon15']Nevermind I found my answer, I'll bite on a few this weekend.

4. Can I make backups of games downloaded from GOG.com?
Yes you can, and as a matter of fact we strongly recommend you do so – backing up your stuff is a very good habit, you know? Because our games are DRM-free, as soon as you download the setup file, you can back it up on a DVD or your external hard drive without hassle. Plus, as our installers are wrapped in nice .exe files, you can save them all in one folder and create a nice local backup of your games library! And if you forgot to backup your purchased games, fear not. You can always redownload them from our website for free – see below for more info. Sure, downloading will take a little bit longer than launching an installer from your backup disc, but that's no big deal.[/QUOTE]

I'm actually in the process of making backup DVD's of all my GOG games. I've been downloading the install files, the extras, and sorting them all by game and burning to single layer DVD's. I have a zippered case just for GOG & Direct 2 Drive right now.

On the other hand I have nothing backed up from Steam besides those early titles I bought retail that required Steam. I don't think I'm going to back those up either. If something happens to Steam someday, then yeah they're gone. Things tend to be so cheap on Steam that it doesn't seem to be worth the hassle. GOG on the other hand is a bit easier.

[quote name='oremites']That whole "fiasco" was worth it just to watch the enormous over-reaction. Loads of fun. I didn't realize people were still holding a grudge over it, though.

IMHO, GOG is a wonderful site for old games that deserves our support for providing a great service to nostalgia-fueled gamers everywhere. If they want to throw in a few bizarre marketing stunts to keep us entertained, then that's icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]

That was perfect. Wish I had typed it first.

[quote name='oremites']That whole "fiasco" was worth it just to watch the enormous over-reaction. Loads of fun. I didn't realize people were still holding a grudge over it, though.

IMHO, GOG is a wonderful site for old games that deserves our support for providing a great service to nostalgia-fueled gamers everywhere. If they want to throw in a few bizarre marketing stunts to keep us entertained, then that's icing on the cake.[/QUOTE]

When the offense is "we're shutting down the site without any warning, and not giving you a way to redownload or back up your purchased titles," I don't think it's an overreaction. Yes, it was a PR stunt...but it was the worst possible one that a site like GOG could have chosen.

I just bought the two games I didn't have from this sale and Icewind Dale I + II.

I was happier than hell that the stunt was just a stunt. After the site was back up, I immediately bought Baldur's Gate. In the aftermath, I was not offended or upset.

The 30%/50% way of handling things makes me sad.

I'd pick up Raptor for 2.99$ with absolutely no hesitation. But for 4.19$ I'm not so sure.

I can't imagine enough people are willing to buy full packs that doing their sales like this is more profitable than a flat 50% off, or even flat 40%.

[quote name='Eldredpe']I'd pick up Raptor for 2.99$ with absolutely no hesitation. But for 4.19$ I'm not so sure.[/QUOTE]

Why, with that $1.20, you could get a McDouble! ;) (puke)

I really only want the Goblins pack, since that was a staple of my childhood, I never had the privilege of playing the second one, and I never owned the CD-ROM version of the third (such an awesome game)... but at $11.96, I may bite on the full bundle.

>> Gobliiiins Pack

Okay, I have never heard of this game, but do to the title, my attention
has been grabbed. It's sort of like western games: there aren't many made
with that theme.

What kind of game is this? What other game does it best resemble?

[quote name='dark_inchworm']Why, with that $1.20, you could get a McDouble! ;) (puke)
[/QUOTE]

With 2 more dollars you can get a McRib!

But yeah, im tempted to pick up Gobliiins after hearing some good things about it... Wonder what the BF deals will be...

I picked up Raptor for $4.19 tonight. I think it was well worth it for the price and I had a lot of fun earning money and getting better weapons. $2.99 would have been a better price of course, but for me there's a fine line between getting a bargain and missing out on an already good deal ;)

bread's done
Back