GOG Weekend Deal - Select Shooters 40% Off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Sale lasts until Monday, May 17 at 11:59 p.m. EDT. [Orders should be made from the promo page.

Aquanox $3.59 (40% off)
Painkiller: Black Edition $5.99 (40% off) [includes Painkiller and Painkiller: Battle Out of Hell]
Postal 2: Complete $5.99 (40% off) [includes Postal 2, Share the Pain, and Apocalypse Weekend]
Redneck Rampage Collection $3.59 (40% off) [includes Redneck Rampage, RR Rides Again: Arkansas, RR: Suckin' Grits on Route 66]

Mobygames:
Aquanox (77)
Painkiller (80)
Painkiller: Battle Out of Hell (78)
Postal 2 (59)
Postal 2: Share the Pain (65)
Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend (64)
Redneck Rampage (78)
Redneck Rampage Rides Again: Arkansas (67)

Demos:
Aquanox
Painkiller & Demo 2 & Demo 3
Postal 2
Postal 2: Share the Pain
Redneck Rampage

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm. I've got Postal 2 and Redneck Rampage already. Want Painkiller, but backlog is so huge that I'll probably wait for the bundle on Steam to go on sale. No sure about AquaNox.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

I already bought Painkiller from GOG...could get Redneck Rampage for $3.59. Not sure if it's aged well...it was pretty high end (and funny/fun) when it came out.

I highly recommend painkiller. Got it off of a steam sale about a year ago, played the hell out of it. Feels like a classic id game on crack, I think the graphics hold up really nice as well.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I already bought Painkiller from GOG...could get Redneck Rampage for $3.59. Not sure if it's aged well...it was pretty high end (and funny/fun) when it came out.[/QUOTE]

It hasn't. Completely because it's very hard for me to go back to the archaic controls.

Painkiller is great. I still never finished it. I remember having to download some sort of fix for vista or something. But I'm sure GOG has it running nicely. Postal 2 was a letdown after the original. It's all shock value over substance and the shock wears off fast. After 5 minutes of pissing on random women and lighting fools on fire you just feel like "meh.. what's the point."

Already have Painkiller but remembering wanting to play Redneck Rampage way back when. But I think I'd rather play Duke Nukem 3D. Wish that was on sale.

I remember Aquanox being decent. I ran it on an old crappy PC at the time, might reinstall on my new one to see how it held up.

Is it like a straight shooter, set underwater? Was there a benchmark people ran using it back then? It sounds familiar.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I already bought Painkiller from GOG...could get Redneck Rampage for $3.59. Not sure if it's aged well...it was pretty high end (and funny/fun) when it came out.[/QUOTE]

It's aged really well other than the old school controls (which you get used to after awhile).

Totally worth $3.50, imo.

[quote name='animalspinners']It's aged really well other than the old school controls (which you get used to after awhile).

Totally worth $3.50, imo.[/QUOTE]

you can't change the controls?

I'm guessing you basically have to play with just the keyboard (or actually it might map well to a control pad, if that's possible. For me at least the old pre-real 3D games, like Doom and Build engine, didn't really work well with a mouse, since there's no true looking around anyway (although I think some people did play with with a mouse).

I'm sure keyboard will work okay for me though. That game was really high end in it's day. I think it supported 800x600, which was just staggeringly high resolution, and required super beefy hardware (I mean there are some current gen console games that don't run much higher than that...it's probably about 80% of Halo 3's resolution... and this was early 1997!)

I guess the last pseudo-3D game I played was Duke Nukem on the Gameboy Advance. I actually enjoyed that fine, although it wasn't really Build Engine advanced-more like Doom Engine or slightly worse. (Sadly, I enjoyed that more than any FPS on the DS so far.)

Looking through the GOG catalog.......Beneath a Steel Sky, Lure of the Temptress, and Teenagent are free (and probably have been for a while).

[quote name='xycury']there are some tools to control by mouse, and gamepad.....

So one isn't stuck on the keyboard.[/QUOTE]

thanks I think ill buy it then and try it for myself

Postal 2 has fairly dated graphics, but the humor is great. Plus you get in a gunfight with Gary Coleman. In the expansion evil Gary Coleman clones chase you.

Not to be confused with the crappy movie spinoff though.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Is it like a straight shooter, set underwater? Was there a benchmark people ran using it back then? It sounds familiar.[/QUOTE]

Don't remember the benchmark, but yes it's an underwater shooter. I loaded it up last night and it ran nicely on Win7; even supported 1920x1080, go figure! Voice acting is laughably bad, but the overall game wasn't awful. With everything maxed out it looked pretty good too. Seems worth what they're asking.

bread's done
Back