GOG Weekend Deal - Sierra "Quest" Games - 30% Off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Through Monday, April 18 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, GOG and Activision are offering their selection of classic Quest series games at a 30% discount. This isn't a bundle deal, so you can buy one or buy them all (and...really. Don't you want to?)

[Promo Page]

King's Quest 1+2+3 $6.99
King's Quest 4+5+6 $6.99
King's Quest 7+8 $6.99
Space Quest 1+2+3 $6.99
Space Quest 4+5+6 $6.99
Police Quest 1+2+3+4 $6.99
Police Quest: SWAT 1+2 $6.99

[Notes:
The VGA Remakes of each of these series' first installments are NOT included.
The rare, but only mildly different AGI version of KQ IV is not included.
KQ V & VI are the DOS CD talkie versions.
KQ VII is the DOS version.
SQ IV & VI are the talkie DOS CD talkie versions. (There never was speech in SQ V.)]

Mobygames:
King's Quest (3.4/5)King's Quest II: Romancing the Throne (63)
King's Quest III: To Heir is Human (3.9/5)
King's Quest IV: The Perils of Rosella (3.8/5)
King's Quest VI: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder! (73)
King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow (86)
Roberta Williams' King's Quest VII: The Princeless Bride (82)
King's Quest: Mask of Eternity (76)

Space Quest: Chapter I - The Sarien Encounter (3.9/5)
Space Quest: Chapter II - Vohaul's Revenge (3.6/5)
Space Quest III: The Pirates of Pestulon (4.0/5)
Space Quest IV: Roger Wilco and the Time Rippers (70)
Space Quest V: The Next Mutation (80)
Space Quest 6: Roger Wilco in the Spinal Frontier (77)

Police Quest: In Pursuit of the Death Angel (3.6/5)
Police Quest 2: The Vengeance (66)
Police Quest 3: The Kindred (3.7/5)
Daryl F. Gates' Police Quest: Open Season (79)
Daryl F. Gates' Police Quest: SWAT (61)
Police Quest: SWAT 2 (67)

Last edited by a moderator:
Never used GOG. Can you explain how it works?

Can I redownload games in the future?

Do I need to have an app of theirs running all the time like Steam?

[quote name='tranceFusion']Never used GOG. Can you explain how it works?

Can I redownload games in the future?

Do I need to have an app of theirs running all the time like Steam?[/QUOTE]

Unlimited downloads and no app required (there is an optional downloader but you can also use your browser).

Read this for more info:
http://www.gog.com/en/support/website_help/downloads_and_games

I'm tempted to get Space Quest 4, 5, 6 for nostalgia purposes. I remember playing those games as a kid.

I also remember never being able to beat SQ4 because of a processor timing bug on newer machines. Floating ice rink of death, I will forever hate you....

I'm guessing that's fixed in this version. I just...have memories...

Does anyone know if they work better with more modern machines? I know DOSBox will get them to work eventually, but man, it's a pain in the buttinsky to get that right.

Space Quest 4 had the evil chicks that wanted to use an Epilady type device on poor Roger. Thoreen and her EPIRIP 357, the most powerful hand hair remover in the galaxy. Fun games.

[quote name='Sparky_Buzzsaw']Does anyone know if they work better with more modern machines? I know DOSBox will get them to work eventually, but man, it's a pain in the buttinsky to get that right.[/QUOTE]

The best thing about GOG is that they make these games run amazing in XP/Vista/7. No DOSBox needed.

[quote name='4tygames']The best thing about GOG is that they make these games run amazing in XP/Vista/7. No DOSBox needed.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I haven't had a problem running any games from GOG on Win7 x64. I think some of their games use DOSbox but they take care of all the configuration so you shouldn't have to do anything extra.

[quote name='tranceFusion']Anyone know if it is better to get these versions of Space Quest or the Space Quest Collection release for XP?[/QUOTE]

Well, the Space Quest Collection comes with the VGA version of Space Quest I which I prefer over the original one. Since they both use DOSBox, I would assume that they both run about the same. I'm just waiting for Steam to have it cheap enough.

Remember to save the damn rat in KQ5! For KQ6, I had it running on an old Ubuntu system a few years ago, but I didn't like that I had it via DOSBox as opposed to the Windows version. The Win version had better graphics overall, and that was the one I started with.

I should go dig up my CDs.

Dumb question , but I already own the Space Quest and King's Quest collections on Steam (Police Quest isn't available on Steam so at the least I'll be getting that) so is there any advantage in getting them on GOG , besides them being DRM free?

bread's done
Back