GOG Weekend Deal - Topware Games - 50% Off

cheapo72

CAGiversary!
Feedback
180 (100%)

Through Monday, August 1 at 11:59 p.m. EDT, GOG and TopWare are offering their catalog of games for 50% off. This isn't a bundle deal, so get one or all 11 good old games.

[Promo Page]

Two Worlds $4.99 [includes Tainted Blood & Curse of Souls expansions]
Enclave $2.99
Septerra Core: Legacy of the Creator $2.99
Knights & Merchants $2.99 [includes The Peasants Rebellion expansion]
Jagged Alliance 2: Wildfire $2.99
Gorky 17 $2.99 [also released as ōdi∙um]
Earth 2140 Trilogy $2.99 [includes Mission Pack One & Final Conflict expansions]
Earth 2150 Trilogy $2.99 [includes The Moon Project & Lost Souls expansions]
Earth 2160 $2.99
Jack Orlando: A Cinematic Adventure - Director's Cut $2.99 [updated Windows version with extra scenes and new inventory system]
Dream Pinball 3D $2.99

Mobygames:
Demos:

A lot of people really didnt like that game, but i can tell you i enjoyed it.

Good.
Freedom. You can kill everyone in a town if you are powerfull enough. I remember a whole town chasing me when i attacked someone and thought it was kind of a neat experience.
Size. Its a huge world. I enjoyed discovering spots and new places. I remember coming across a dark tower that had an undead horse at the base.
Upgrading. Loved the upgrade system. You will get loads of the same item in your inventory. Just combine them. With each combine the stats increase. As far as I know there isnt a limit. This for me created a very big incentive to play as my weapons and armor would essentially get more powerfull after every fight (if i found an item and combined them). You can also add an elemental stone to it giving it that magic property (like fire). By adding more fire stones the same thing happes (the fire damage amount will increase).
Voice acting. Its horrible. But I put it in the good because i think it is hilarious to listen too (ymmv).
Graphics. Well its not good necessarily by today's standards but at the time i liked them an i think they are pretty good for a large open world forest.

Bad.
Lots of glitches. I cant personally remember any of them being bad enough to stop playing but the game is kinda janky.
Online. May as well not even bother. Really laggy and I doubt anyone still plays (perhaps they do i dont know).
Story. Really bad. By the end of the game I really didnt understand why it was even called two worlds. Definitely dont pick it up for story.

I beat the game on 360 but rebought it on pc because i liked it.

Anyway, just wanted to let you know what i thought about the game.

Good stuff and glad they're doing 50% off even if you only buy one thing. Might have to get Septerra Core and Enclave. Regretted passing on them during the hidden gem sale.

[quote name='Mike UFC']Good stuff and glad they're doing 50% off even if you only buy one thing[/QUOTE]

THIS
I don't want to be stuck with a 30% discount just because I don't want to repurchase games I already own on disc, or purchase games that are no good (which, contrary to the name of the website, do exist in their catalog)...

Thanks OP. I'm curious whether Jack Orlando or Gorky 17 are worth a purchase. Hmm...

[quote name='lito88']hmm thinking about Two Worlds, Anyone have a opinion?[/QUOTE]

It's surely worth $5.

Good stuff - graphics were really good when it came out; a lot of freedom; big game-world; upgrade system; combat; it's still compelling enough to play-through to the end despite its problems.

Bad stuff - all-over-the-place range of voice-acting quality; writing/dialogue is not that good; the game technically performed bad on PC's back when it was released.

Two Worlds 2 is VASTLY superior in pretty much every single regard.

My understanding is the Epic Edition was sort of a Witcher EE for the game, improving a lot of the problem it had on release. I got it from Gamestop on disc for the same price months ago and haven't tried it yet !

I was thinking of picking it up as well since I got the 2nd one in the steam sales. Does anyone know if the stories relate at all or any other reason it would enhance my playing of the second by having played the first?

Cheapo, you should put "Two Worlds" into the subject line somewhere. It really is the biggest draw of this sale. The "Epic Edition" is all patched up (as good as it can be) and has both expansions. The problems with Two Worlds are pretty well documented, but there will be people who want to enjoy the good parts that it offers for $4.99. Maybe even people who played the buggy Xbox edition who would like to try the patched PC version. It's a great price.

I don't want to start a competing thread... yours is great. This is good discussion about what works in the game.

bread's done
Back