GoGamer 48 Hour Madness 10/14/06

[quote name='Roufuss']Wasn't Company of Heroes just on sale?[/quote]

Three weeks ago or so, however that was only the DVD ed. and there are a few who needed to wait on the CD version.

[quote name='flinxz']Three weeks ago or so, however that was only the DVD ed. and there are a few who needed to wait on the CD version.[/QUOTE]
Who has a PC that has the specs to run that game that doesn't have a DVD drive by now? Seriously, a DVD drive is less than half the price of the game. I'll be glad when CD games are a thing of the past.

[quote name='radjago']Who has a PC that has the specs to run that game that doesn't have a DVD drive by now? Seriously, a DVD drive is less than half the price of the game. I'll be glad when CD games are a thing of the past.[/quote]

Good Lord, you act like CDs killed your cat.

You should be thanking THQ for putting this on DVD and not just for a Collector Edition. CDs will go away eventually, but for now there are still millions of computers with them.

I know it would seem that anything that can run it would also have a DVD drive; some people do not mind really low settings I guess. If everyone had a DVD drive then they wouldn't put it on CD, publishers are not about wasting money.

I remember a thread on another site where at least two people wished the CD one was cheap as well.

Some of us are just really tired of changing 4+ CDs while installing. In fact, I'll be glad when CD games are a thing of the past also. Because it is just so much nicer to drop a DVD in, go to lunch, come back and play, instead of having to baby-sit the entire installation process.

GoGamer's shipping kinda sucks. I still think they post great deals, but here's my experience with ordering Company of Heroes:

Ordered on 9/21. 10 business days later I see that the package turned around at my doorstep. I get everything shipped to my office (which I put in the shipping address on the site) and apparently either GoGamer didn't put the company name on there or USPS missed something. In any event, I'm now waiting on another 2 week trip BACK to GoGamer. They've said that once it gets there, they'll priority mail it back to me, which I hope is free, I forgot to ask. They seem pretty cool, but we'll see how this thing ends.

All told however, it could take 4-6 weeks for me to get my package. I know, bad circumstances, but it stills sucks.

bread's done
Back