GoGamer 48 hour Madness - Deals as low as 90 cents(+ S&H)

lorne

CAGiversary!
http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId553100VVviewcat.htm

edit: shipping charges apply

The Shape of Madness

$.90
:pc:The Movies
:pc:SimCity Societies
:pc:Hidden & Dangerous 2
:pc:Pirates of The Burning Sea
:pc:Curse of the Eye of Isis
:pc:Atlantis Evolution(JC)
:pc:The Crystal Key 2(JC)

$1.90
:pc:Two Worlds
:pc:Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust
:pc:Prey
:pc:Civilization 4(JC)

$3.90
:pc:End War
:pc:Frontlines: Fuel of War
:pc:Necrovision(I)
:pc:Velvet Assassin
:pc:Dark Fall 2
:pc:Warhammer Dawn of War GOTY
:pc:Legendary
:pc:East India Company
:pc:Company of Heroes

$6.90
:360:Timeshift

$7.90
:360:Fear Files
:360:Stormrise (I)
:360:Rise of Argonauts(I)
:360:Supreme Commander
:360:Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazzard
:360:Unreal Tournament 3

$9.90
:pc:Sacred 2 Ice and Blood Expansion(I)
:360:Raven Squad: Hidden Dagger
:360:Terminator Salvation

$14.90
:pc:Rise of Flight
:pc:Everquest 2 Sentinel's Fate

$16.90
:pc:Call of Duty: World at War
:pc:Call of Duty 4 GOTY
:pc:Prototype

$17.90
:360:Madden 10

$19.90
:pc:Age of Conan: Rise of Godslayer
:360:Army of 2: 40th Day
:pc:Sniper Ghost Warrior
Sega Genesis Firecore Console

$20,90
Sega Retrogen

$24.90
:pc:Diablo Battlechest
:pc:Warcraft III Battlechest
:pc:World of Warcraft Battlechest

:360:Splinter Cell Conviction

$29.90
:360:Alan Wake

$39.90
:pc:Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Free Grip-It Analog Stick Covers with order

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anybody know if the International version of the Sacred 2 expansion pack will work with the North American version of Sacred?

[quote name='RColaUAB']Does anybody know if the International version of the Sacred 2 expansion pack will work with the North American version of Sacred?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it will. A bit of a bummer as I enjoyed the game but have a US version.

The US classic version is not compatible with the UK “Ice & Blood”. Sorry. We have no new info about “Ice & Blood” in the US area.
http://forum.sacred2.com/showthread.php?t=66103

Edit - Sounds like there may be a workaround but it will require some registry editing.
http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13381

Dang, some nice deals. I feel like I want to buy a SECOND copy of The Movies and SimCity Societies :lol:

Is that Terminator game REALLY that bad? I loved Bionic Commando, liked Wanted, and obviously love shooting killer robots from the future, so...it's really not worth $10?

And how good is that firecore thing? I guess it's actually licensed by Sega, so...presumably it works? $20 is great...if it works. Probably lead encrusted cords and whatnot :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Is that Terminator game REALLY that bad? I loved Bionic Commando, liked Wanted, and obviously love shooting killer robots from the future, so...it's really not worth $10?[/QUOTE]

If you want an easy 1000 nerd points it's worth it, if you're not bothered about gamerscore I'm not sure.

[quote name='Wolfpup']
Is that Terminator game REALLY that bad?[/QUOTE]

I thoroughly enjoyed it. Fun weapons, mindless action.

It's a fun 5-6 hours.

Wasn't worth $60, and at that price it deserves the poor reviews. But at $10 it's easily an 8/10.

[quote name='RColaUAB']Does anybody know if the International version of the Sacred 2 expansion pack will work with the North American version of Sacred?[/QUOTE]

It's not supposed to
http://darkmatters.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13381
But this post on a Sacred 2 forum explains a method to force the expansion to work with the US version of the game. Don't know how reliable it is though.

I'm being rude and redundant, so forgive me for that, but I think GoGamer posts should list the shipping charges upfront. (Preferably, before the deal listings.)

I've haven't been baited by a GoGamer sale in a while, but, when I do, the shipping always slaughters the deal by doubling the cost.

Oh, I forgot...what about that Firecore thing? It's licensed by Sega I guess, so that's promising, but not really made by them, so...?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']I'm being rude and redundant, so forgive me for that, but I think GoGamer posts should list the shipping charges upfront. (Preferably, before the deal listings.)

I've haven't been baited by a GoGamer sale in a while, but, when I do, the shipping always slaughters the deal by doubling the cost.[/QUOTE]

It's like $3 for one item, and gets cheaper from there. IMO not a big deal.

[quote name='Wolfpup']It's like $3 for one item, and gets cheaper from there. IMO not a big deal.[/QUOTE]
:applause::applause: People bitch about GoHasting's shipping rates all the time too, but don't realize that $3 for a single item is average for first class shipping w/ DC. But I suppose individuals and companies are supposed to lose money just so someone can get a deal, right?

GoGamer actually gave me Hidden & Dangerous 2 free a few months back with another order! Pretty cool...I wasn't really even aware of it, but the back of the box it looks fine.

I JUST bought Civ 4 complete for like $40 from Amazon...not a bad deal IF I like it :lol:

[quote name='Wolfpup']GoGamer actually gave me Hidden & Dangerous 2 free a few months back with another order! Pretty cool...I wasn't really even aware of it, but the back of the box it looks fine.[/QUOTE]

I think the first Hidden & Dangerous was one of the games Gamestop was clearing out after their last Gamedays sale for $.15 or some other ridiculous amount.

I bought a copy for a buddy of mine just for laughs.

Decided to pick up Company of Heroes, Civilization iV and Warhammer Dawn of War.
Not a big PC gamer but I just bought a new laptop so these could be fun to have and I like a good strategy game now and then.

Doh, I hesitated on ordering Army of Two 2 this morning until I got to work and now it's sold out.

Well I already went for the Sacred 2 exp to complement the $10 CE of Fallen Angel, so here's hoping that registry tweak works. Also got CoH and Prey, finally. $6 for the shipping, but should be sent Priority according to the ad.

are they still giving out the frogz joystick covers free with each order...I actually like those things on a 360 controller

[quote name='radioactivez0r']Well I already went for the Sacred 2 exp to complement the $10 CE of Fallen Angel, so here's hoping that registry tweak works. Also got CoH and Prey, finally. $6 shipped, but should be sent Priority according to the ad.[/QUOTE]

How did you get those games for $6 shipped? Or are you saying you got $6 shipping added onto it?

[quote name='shadowkast']are they still giving out the frogz joystick covers free with each order...I actually like those things on a 360 controller[/QUOTE]

Looks like they still are. It's on the madness page.

[quote name='Darknuke']How did you get those games for $6 shipped? Or are you saying you got $6 shipping added onto it?[/QUOTE]

Apologies, yes I meant $6 shipping. I'll amend my post.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']People bitch about GoHasting's shipping rates all the time too, but don't realize that $3 for a single item is average for first class shipping w/ DC. But I suppose individuals and companies are supposed to lose money just so someone can get a deal, right?[/QUOTE]
That's how CAG's are, and we are quite proud of our collective goal of saving lots of money.

Having that been said, $3.90 = $4 game.
Now, consider all the info: $3.90 + $2.99 = $7 game.

CAG's insist upon shipping costs being in the topic title, and I never understood why GoGamer was an exception. Perhaps that needs to change.

Thanks for the heads-up! I got the Sacred 2: Ice and Blood Expansion for $12.89 shipped! Turns out that sometime last year I ordered a copy of Sacred 2 PC during a GameDealDaily.com promo which turned out to be a UK version! :)

Now, back to Torchlight until the expansion arrives... :)

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']:applause::applause: People bitch about GoHasting's shipping rates all the time too, but don't realize that $3 for a single item is average for first class shipping w/ DC. But I suppose individuals and companies are supposed to lose money just so someone can get a deal, right?[/QUOTE]

For me, the issue with GoGamer's shipping isn't that, it's that every time I go through the checkout process they want to charge me $3-5 per item. If it was like...$3 for one item, $3.75 for 2, $4.25 for 3 or something, that'd be fine, but even though it'd all fit in one small box they want to charge that much more (and that's for the really slow shipping, so they're not paying priority mail prices).

Even though the order status isn't the most intuitive of pages, I was able to confirm that my order was shipped Priority despite me picking the Dirt Cheap shipping option, owing to having ordered 3 games. Also, it was about $2 a game for me average shipping cost.

I've never seen them charge more than $3/item unless you're talking large items...games should start at $3, and per item cost goes down from there.

I agree with the above posters. Include shipping in the stated price. It is misleading to say "as low as .90." It is not possible to get anything for .90...

It is obvious that they are trying to make money on the shipping, and I don't fault them for that. But, state the real price you are selling at. Would I pay $4 for Hidden and Dangerous? Nope.

They're not making money on the shipping, they're just not losing, or not losing as much money on the shipping.

I guess really the OP should say + shipping, but IMO this is less of a major thing than all the Xbox Live threads that don't say whether or not the deal is only for subscribers...and everyone always throws a fit when I complain, as though I'm supposed to "know" despite that not all deals are only for subscribers.

[quote name='simpsonps121']They are making money on shipping when you buy 2 or more items.[/QUOTE]
Well, then they're not making a lot of money.

Just kidding.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I've never seen them charge more than $3/item unless you're talking large items...games should start at $3, and per item cost goes down from there.[/QUOTE]

I agree, dirt cheap is always $2.99 for 1 game. I think the only one making money on shipping is FedEx or USPS. Gogamer is great for people like me that don't like DRM or to play on Steam.

[quote name='Wolfpup']I've never seen them charge more than $3/item unless you're talking large items...games should start at $3, and per item cost goes down from there.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I'm one of the "lucky" ones that get charged more I think. All I can figure is that it's based on zip code or something.

I've never heard of Hidden & Dangerous 2, but I just looked it up, and it looks promising. A thinking man's WWII tactical shooter. And for $.90 plus $3 shipping for that and the free grip-it things, definately going to bite. Either that, or Civ 4 for $1.90. Decisions, decisions... THANKS OP!!!

[quote name='simpsonps121']Company of Heroes is an EXCELLENT game. $6 or so is a great price to pay.[/QUOTE]

Company of Heros is a classic strategy game, and a great deal for $3.90 + shipping, but I like the Warhammer Dawn of War GOTY deal better. Dawn of War is at the top of the list for Strategy games for me.

bread's done
Back