GoGamer 48 hour Madness - Deals as low as 90 cents(+ S&H)

lorne

CAGiversary!
http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId553100VVviewcat.htm

edit: shipping charges apply

The Shape of Madness

$.90
:pc:The Movies
:pc:SimCity Societies
:pc:Hidden & Dangerous 2
:pc:Pirates of The Burning Sea
:pc:Curse of the Eye of Isis
:pc:Atlantis Evolution(JC)
:pc:The Crystal Key 2(JC)

$1.90
:pc:Two Worlds
:pc:Leisure Suit Larry Box Office Bust
:pc:Prey
:pc:Civilization 4(JC)

$3.90
:pc:End War
:pc:Frontlines: Fuel of War
:pc:Necrovision(I)
:pc:Velvet Assassin
:pc:Dark Fall 2
:pc:Warhammer Dawn of War GOTY
:pc:Legendary
:pc:East India Company
:pc:Company of Heroes

$6.90
:360:Timeshift

$7.90
:360:Fear Files
:360:Stormrise (I)
:360:Rise of Argonauts(I)
:360:Supreme Commander
:360:Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazzard
:360:Unreal Tournament 3

$9.90
:pc:Sacred 2 Ice and Blood Expansion(I)
:360:Raven Squad: Hidden Dagger
:360:Terminator Salvation

$14.90
:pc:Rise of Flight
:pc:Everquest 2 Sentinel's Fate

$16.90
:pc:Call of Duty: World at War
:pc:Call of Duty 4 GOTY
:pc:Prototype

$17.90
:360:Madden 10

$19.90
:pc:Age of Conan: Rise of Godslayer
:360:Army of 2: 40th Day
:pc:Sniper Ghost Warrior
Sega Genesis Firecore Console

$20,90
Sega Retrogen

$24.90
:pc:Diablo Battlechest
:pc:Warcraft III Battlechest
:pc:World of Warcraft Battlechest

:360:Splinter Cell Conviction

$29.90
:360:Alan Wake

$39.90
:pc:Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Free Grip-It Analog Stick Covers with order

Last edited by a moderator:
We'll see if the next CAG that posts a GoGamer deal puts the minimum shipping cost in the title.

If not, it's our duty as CAG's to educate newcomers on proper posting habits.

[quote name='dothatthing']I've never heard of Hidden & Dangerous 2, but I just looked it up, and it looks promising. A thinking man's WWII tactical shooter. And for $.90 plus $3 shipping for that and the free grip-it things, definately going to bite. Either that, or Civ 4 for $1.90. Decisions, decisions... THANKS OP!!![/QUOTE]

I picked-up Hidden & Dangerous 2 yesterday. I played the first one, it was pretty fun and I figure the 2nd is worth $0.90.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']That's how CAG's are, and we are quite proud of our collective goal of saving lots of money.

Having that been said, $3.90 = $4 game.
Now, consider all the info: $3.90 + $2.99 = $7 game.

CAG's insist upon shipping costs being in the topic title, and I never understood why GoGamer was an exception. Perhaps that needs to change.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='DrowVampyre']For me, the issue with GoGamer's shipping isn't that, it's that every time I go through the checkout process they want to charge me $3-5 per item. If it was like...$3 for one item, $3.75 for 2, $4.25 for 3 or something, that'd be fine, but even though it'd all fit in one small box they want to charge that much more (and that's for the really slow shipping, so they're not paying priority mail prices).[/QUOTE]
But see, $3 is standard first class shipping via a bubble mailer. If you don't like a companies shipping rates, don't buy from them, simple as that.

But why should a company shortchange themselves on shipping stuff out just to suit some people who're too cheap to pay the real shipping costs?

[quote name='EliotAndrews']We'll see if the next CAG that posts a GoGamer deal puts the minimum shipping cost in the title.

If not, it's our duty as CAG's to educate newcomers on proper posting habits.[/QUOTE]
(curtsy)

As a CAG, I think it's more proper to educate ourselves on the costs of standard shipping.

Ok, edited the title to indicate shipping charges apply. I had only transcribed what was in the email(including the title). Figured people already knew the deal with gogamer.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']But see, $3 is standard first class shipping via a bubble mailer. If you don't like a companies shipping rates, don't buy from them, simple as that.

But why should a company shortchange themselves on shipping stuff out just to suit some people who're too cheap to pay the real shipping costs?[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't, but they shouldn't charge the same price for each item that they do for the first when each additional item (aside from huge things) will still fit in the same small box and only add a few ounces, so likely only cost them a few cents more.

While we are on the subject of shipping charges, is it safe to say they charge $2.99 for the first game and $1 for each game thereafter? That's what I'm seeing. Or does it vary?

There's also a shipping upgrade to priority USPS when you order 3 games or more.

Only 53 hours left btw!:)

Great price on Army of Two: TFD. I really enjoyed the first and second game in the series. It's not the best 3rd person shooter, but it's still a very solid game.

As far as the shipping goes, $3.00 isn't too bad, especially considering that no matter what you order, you get those grip-it analog stick covers free with no extra shipping cost for them, and they sell on amazon for $5.00. Personally, if I was ordering two games from them, I would place two separate orders, pay the $3.00 shipping twice in order to get two sets of the grip-it things. Also, with the grip-its, normally they come with two pairs, but on The shape of madness page, it says *promotional package, so not sure if it's a different pack with only one pair. Can anyone who's already ordered shed some light on that? Not like it really matters, still a great deal. Also, was just wondering what the (I) and (JC) mean in some of the game titles on the madness page.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='lorne']Ok, edited the title to indicate shipping charges apply. I had only transcribed what was in the email(including the title). Figured people already knew the deal with gogamer.[/QUOTE]

They do. Its just a reason to complain. The way their shipping charges are its a YMMV anyway. Just fill up your cart with cheap-ass stuff, and if you don't like the shipping charges, don't buy. It isn't that big of a deal. It isn't like anyone else selling physical copies typically matches their base price points.

[quote name='DrowVampyre']They shouldn't, but they shouldn't charge the same price for each item that they do for the first when each additional item (aside from huge things) will still fit in the same small box and only add a few ounces, so likely only cost them a few cents more.[/QUOTE]
What you're failing to understand is that if a package goes over 13oz, it can no longer be mailed via first class mail. It would have to be either bumped up to the next highest mail rate, which is Priority Mail.

Either that or it'd have to be downgraded to Media Mail or Parcel Post and games do not qualify(of course try telling Amazon that)for Media Mail shipping. But then we would have to hear people bitching about how long it's taking for their uber cheap games to get to them rather than how outrageous the shipping costs are.:roll:

Here's the postage calculator from the USPS website, feel free to tinker around with the various shipping weights and options, but I think you'll see that the shipping costs for GoGamer are on par with the standard rates from the USPS.

FYI: The package size for games would probably be 'large envelope'.

http://postcalc.usps.gov/

It's very simple just check the price after shipping for gogamer, and check the price at other sites with free shipping and you will find gogamer still has a lower piice 95% of the time on Madness deals.

[quote name='EliotAndrews']We'll see if the next CAG that posts a GoGamer deal puts the minimum shipping cost in the title.

If not, it's our duty as CAG's to educate newcomers on proper posting habits.[/QUOTE]

I agree the shipping should be added to the title, but nothing is free and that includes shipping. I'm sure most online stores just factor the cost of shipping and build it into the sell price. This way I know how much I pay for shipping, and how much I pay for the game.

Although I buy regularly from GoGamer (just bought one from this sale), any of us who follow prices/sales often enough and long enough will know if the end result is really a "deal" or not with GoGamer...hence why I only buy what's a bargain from them. The shipping on Amazon for FSSS along with some of their prices still beats GoGamer sometimes, sometimes it doesn't. Hence why a lot of us just cherry pick our choices for GoGamer.

What I don't like is the International games, simply because I'm OCD like that. That's minor and picky, but in my head, it's legit. Beyond that and me having to add GoGamer items to the cart and pausing for a second to find out if the "final" price is an actual deal, I like them as a whole. Just pick what is actually "cheap" from them or don't get any of it. When they take $10 off $30 MSRP games and charge $3 shipping (and no tax for me, don't know about others) it's often a deal, even against other heavy hitters like Amazon et al...

bread's done
Back