GoGamer 4th of July Madness

Draekon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
Direct link: http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId544567VVviewcat.htm

Mad_Mail_073009_700px_85.jpg
Mad_Mail_073009_700px_86.jpg

EDIT:

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Guys,

ALL of the console import titles we carry DO WORK on U.S. machines. We would not sell them if they did not.

Jason[/QUOTE]

---

Warning to those interested in ANNO 1404. It has Tages DRM. Some details:

Q: How often can I activate my game?
A: Usually you can activate your game on initially three different PC configurations - after those activations are used up you can simply contact the support team who will increase activation limits when needed - please see the contact details.

Q: What changes to my PC require a new activation?
A: A PC configuration in the view of the activation system consists of the major hardware and software components of your computer – including the operating system, CPU, mainboard and system hard disc. Minor changes like replacing the graphics card, connecting an additional disc or adding more memory to the PC do not change the PC configuration and reactivation is not needed.

Q: Why is there no revocation tool?
A: Revocation would only work from an already activated PC and is technically limited. In case you had to reinstall your operating system, revocation would not be possible. You can always simply contact the support team who will increase activation limits when needed.

Q: What happens in the unlikely event of the publisher and/or the protection company stopping the support for the game? What happens if the activation servers are turned off?
A: In such a case a patch for the game will be released that removes the activation protection.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered the mouse and keyboard.

I find it odd I was going to buy that keyboard just a few days ago, but didn't for some reason. Now, it shows up on here for the price I wanted to spend on it. Win-win.

I figured for another $2, a new mouse would be worth it as well.

[quote name='LegendK7ll3r']Ordered the mouse and keyboard.

I find it odd I was going to buy that keyboard just a few days ago, but didn't for some reason. Now, it shows up on here for the price I wanted to spend on it. Win-win.

I figured for another $2, a new mouse would be worth it as well.[/QUOTE]

how much was the shipping for just those 2 items?

[quote name='ArmorForVictor']how much was the shipping for just those 2 items?[/QUOTE]

$7.99; FedEx Ground (it grouped them).

There was no tax, either, so it came to $31.80 (for both), and then $39.79 with the shipping.

oh you got the $30 keyboard thought you meant the $5 one XD i want to order from them but not being able to calculate the shipping before i enter my credit card info is making me weary and since i live in CA i get tax how wonderful :(

[quote name='matthewrex']In for 12 hot dogs![/QUOTE]

In an effort to stay OT....

Hot dogs are out of stock, heard Kobayashi bought them all for training. Remember the national hot dogs eating championship is tomorrow. Should be on ESPN!

[quote name='poker360']thought it was to good to be true, and it was.. i'll pass on international version.

(fight night round 4 + rise of the argonauts)[/QUOTE]

I picked up Rise of Argonaunts last week, and it works great. I'm sure it's the same on Fight Night or Stormrise.

[quote name='gwartok']What's it mean when they have an "(I)" in the PC game listing over there? Import Version?

I'm still not happy about the activation limit on Anno 1404 but $30 is getting me closer to tolerating it.[/QUOTE]

yeah for 30 bucks I said the same thing, i doubt this game will get any cheaper in the next 2-3 months and I doubt I can wait much longer.

Thanks for the responses regarding Unreal 3. I decided to finally go ahead and buy it (watch them drop it down to $4.90 in the next sale now, lol) and Call of Juarez as well.

bought MS keyboard, MS mouse, and the Saitek headset all for $30 shipped not too bad considering that keyboard itself sells for $30 now here's hoping everything works good

[quote name='johnsdoe00']
That's funny. My wife won't let me buy any more games. :roll:[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I was going to make fun of him but then thought same as you...:D

The Eclipse keyboard is great, been using it for over 2 years and haven't had any problems. Full brightness on backlight for that long and it hasn't dimmed, paint hasn't worn off, and keys never stick for me after hours of gaming.

Still the deal is crap though unless you really want the red one. After shipping costs are added, its cheaper to get the blue on on Amazon with FSSS.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']Guys,

ALL of the console import titles we carry DO WORK on U.S. machines. We would not sell them if they did not.

Jason[/QUOTE]

I thought that would be the case since you guys only ship to the US. Thanks for clarifying.

Ack, I looked at Rise of the Argonauts, End War, Prince of Persia. the mouse, and the keyboard... and decided on the mouse and prince of persia...

I canceled my order of Little Big Planet from gogamer

I found out that NONE of the DLC that you download from the playstation network store will work on the PAL/International version :/

I was really looking forward to LBP too :(

*EDIT*

I meant to say that the DLC you download from the US PSN store will not work

You need download DLC from the UK PSN store which can be a real hassle :/

[quote name='cabbageninja']I canceled my order of Little Big Planet from gogamer

I found out that NONE of the DLC that you download from the playstation network store will work on the PAL/International version :/

I was really looking forward to LBP too :([/QUOTE]

This not what we have been told. We've sold lots and lots of this title and no one has told us otherwise.

Jason

is gogamer staff working today? lots of places are off due to the holiday, i wonder if my games i ordered today will ship out? >.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']This not what we have been told. We've sold lots and lots of this title and no one has told us otherwise.

Jason[/QUOTE]

Tempted to buy, but like others' concern, is there any guarantee that the CAG community can get so if we all jump in but find out we can't use US PSN content, GoGamer will allow us to return the game? *waiting with trigger happy finger ready to click on submit order* :razz:

No love for the (I) versions, especially since they went from showing it in the e-mail to concealing the fact anymore. Pretty much everything BUT Terminator is and Terminator will be uber cheap come fall.

[quote name='GoGamer.com - Jason']This not what we have been told. We've sold lots and lots of this title and no one has told us otherwise.

Jason[/QUOTE]

The poster was correct. The US DLC does not work with the PAL game. You need to create a European PSN id in order to download their content.

[quote name='redlupine']according to amazon reviews, both those keyboards are terrible for gaming

The Microsoft keyboard can only recognize 2 keystrokes at the same time
The Saitek keyboard's keys begin to stick after a while of heavy gaming[/QUOTE]

The Saitek Eclipse keyboard is excellent for the price. The thing holds up VERY well. If you want a functional keyboard that is not only rugged, but also has back-lit keys, definitely grab one.

The only keyboard I'd recommend over it would be a G15, which is much more pricey.

Just got in Rise of the Argonauts and I am so amazed at the complexity of the game. It is a shame that so many reviewers put it down, yet it is a great combination of action and story.

Just a quick question. How long does dirt cheap shipping take? I meant to make it faster, but it went back to dirt cheap shipping when I edited some information. I can wait any amount of time. I just want to know how long.

[quote name='halomaster']Here you go. Game should play fine on your PS3, and DLC works with a simple work around.

http://www.gamedealdaily.com/store/product.php?product=1188[/QUOTE]

Not a simple workaround at all. The DLC in the European store is not always the same as the US store and it cannot be purchased with a US credit card with a US mailing address. Not only that, but you can't trade it in or resell it anywhere. Go Gamer absolutely should not be selling European imports of games that have any sort of DLC attached to them, especially one like LBP where the DLC is really the point of owning the game.

Jason commented on "consoles" for PAL versions, but what about PC games? I'd assume it's fine, but is there any reason at all that the Call of Juarez Bound in Blood (I) won't work on NTSC PC (I call it that because of the drivers, Vista, etc...are sometimes region specific when you install/download them, so in essence, I feel there are "American Attributes" to a computer when used in the US long enough, but that's stretching the concept of region-specific, I know)....

I'm guessing there should be no reason a PC game from Europe (in English) shouldn't work on an "American PC" I built, but if anyone CAN think of a reason, I'd like to hear it...$32 for Juarez 2 is a good deal, (I) or not....

[quote name='BWS1982']Jason commented on "consoles" for PAL versions, but what about PC games? I'd assume it's fine, but is there any reason at all that the Call of Juarez Bound in Blood (I) won't work on NTSC PC (I call it that because of the drivers, Vista, etc...are sometimes region specific when you install/download them, so in essence, I feel there are "American Attributes" to a computer when used in the US long enough, but that's stretching the concept of region-specific, I know)....

I'm guessing there should be no reason a PC game from Europe (in English) shouldn't work on an "American PC" I built, but if anyone CAN think of a reason, I'd like to hear it...$32 for Juarez 2 is a good deal, (I) or not....[/QUOTE]

I bought Turok (I) for PC from GoGamer and it works just fine. I assume CoJ would be the same.

Good god man, I can get Brother in Arms Hells Highway and Rainbow Six Vegas 2 for $12+shipping.........SOLD!!!

[quote name='BWS1982']Jason commented on "consoles" for PAL versions, but what about PC games? I'd assume it's fine, but is there any reason at all that the Call of Juarez Bound in Blood (I) won't work on NTSC PC (I call it that because of the drivers, Vista, etc...are sometimes region specific when you install/download them, so in essence, I feel there are "American Attributes" to a computer when used in the US long enough, but that's stretching the concept of region-specific, I know)....

I'm guessing there should be no reason a PC game from Europe (in English) shouldn't work on an "American PC" I built, but if anyone CAN think of a reason, I'd like to hear it...$32 for Juarez 2 is a good deal, (I) or not....[/QUOTE]

I bought an import of the Fallout Collection(1,2, and Tactics) for PC when that was the only thing available. It worked fine on my computer.

I picked up Arma 2 import last week when they had it instock. Works fine for me,

I've never had an issue with PC games. I've bought and played PC games from all over the world. Region-specific games is a console only thing... primarily because they are hooked up to TVs.

PCs arent restricted like a TV/Media player. I think you're confusing PAL/NTSC with region locking when its just a broadcast standard. Most console games these days support both formats. In the case of PC games, or rather the hardware used to play games i.e. the graphics card video out and/or monitor, they arent "NTSC" or "PAL" specific to begin with so you have nothing to worry about.

There are some very limited examples of games refusing to install unless its done in the native language however in my experience this is usually only games from Asia and can be bypassed by simply changing the language/region options for the install. Ones from the EU should have no problem though since they'll most likely be entirely in english, or at least have the option, to begin with.

[quote name='Vegan']I've heard many many times that the DLC will not work with the LBP imports.[/QUOTE]

I understand that about the dlc but are the levels from around the world available to everyone or would I be stuck with euro levels?

Some great deals import versions or not this time around. I picked up End War (360), Rise of the Argonauts (360), and Warhammer Battle March (pc). I'm really excited to try out End War's voice command system.

[quote name='HeSaveDave']So, with anno 1404 everything is in english? the game, package, instructions, etc? Please someone tell me.[/QUOTE]

I have never received an import title from GoGamer that wasn't from the UK.

I believe the standard ANNO 1404 is multi-language between English, French, Italian, and Spanish. Germans got their own version and Dawn of Discovery I think is English-only.

There's a possibility it's in British English as opposed to American English (ie Colour/Color), but it won't be an issue at all. There are no conflicts between the two languages if you install it on an American English computer.

Thinking about getting:
Microsoft Blue Optical Mouse x2
Age of Conan CE
Unreal Tournament 3
Spellforce Universe
Painkiller Universe
Heroes of Might and Magic 3 & 4

Any comments for or against these games? Anything I should know about any of these titles (problems , better/cheaper on steam , ect.)?

Well, the Blue Optical mouse is out of stock since the second or third hour of the sale.

I got Painkiller Gold (PK1 and the expansion. No Overdose.) from Big Lots. If you can actually make it through all the games in that pack without ever putting it down and saying "Okay, I had fun, but I have had all the PK I can take," you're a mightier man than I.

UT3 is a great deal if you don't have it yet. Probably same for HoMM3/4 though you missed out on HoMM5 for sale on Steam. I bought HoMM3 complete for $9 at HPB and feel kinda stupid now. Main thing I don't like about HoMM3 is that I can't no-cd crack the damn thing. I hate switching discs.

Bit on Call Juarez 1, Obscure 2, and Lost Planet CE even though I shouldn't have. CoJ is probably the only non-terrible one of the bunch.

[quote name='RollingSkull']Well, the Blue Optical mouse is out of stock since the second or third hour of the sale.

I got Painkiller Gold (PK1 and the expansion. No Overdose.) from Big Lots. If you can actually make it through all the games in that pack without ever putting it down and saying "Okay, I had fun, but I have had all the PK I can take," you're a mightier man than I.

UT3 is a great deal if you don't have it yet. Probably same for HoMM3/4 though you missed out on HoMM5 for sale on Steam. I bought HoMM3 complete for $9 at HPB and feel kinda stupid now. Main thing I don't like about HoMM3 is that I can't no-cd crack the damn thing. I hate switching discs.

Bit on Call Juarez 1, Obscure 2, and Lost Planet CE even though I shouldn't have. CoJ is probably the only non-terrible one of the bunch.[/QUOTE]

Didn't check to see whether any of the items were still in stock or not. No biggie , since I usually end up forgetting to order anything from the gogamer sales , even if I see something I like.:bomb: So no big deal about the mouse being out of stock.

I did get HoMM5 from Steam. Does that mean I should/could skip 3 & 4?

bread's done
Back