GoGamer After Xmas Sale

ah, blood bowl is back at $28, nice, its not the dark elf edition, but im ok with that since steam isnt kicking any real love on their latest sale for this title.

Grab Rise of the Argonauts for sure if you haven't played it yet. It's not as polished as it could be, but they built a really solid core to what could have been a AAA title. There's a lot to enjoy about it.

Just out of curiousity, do cag links typically take one to qksvr.net then commission-junkie before sending you to the url you clicked on? This is what I just experienced. I'm sure it wasn't a virus because I'm on my g1.

Otherwise, looks like some decent deals on BIA games... under $5!

[quote name='bringerofdeath']thanks 4 posting but nothing for me[/QUOTE]

Did you click the link? There's WAY more stuff than what was posted, like at least an order of magnitude more.

I guess I'll finally try Company of Heroes and Warhammer, since they were so hyped.

Tropico 3 is $20 on Steam, and has extra stuff.

That said, if you don't have Call of Juarez PC by now WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH YOU. UT3 also. Both are for pennies.

Wolfenstein $20 for PC is a fantastic deal for one of the year's most underrated games.

[quote name='hordak']Just out of curiousity, do cag links typically take one to qksvr.net then commission-junkie before sending you to the url you clicked on? This is what I just experienced. I'm sure it wasn't a virus because I'm on my g1.

Otherwise, looks like some decent deals on BIA games... under $5![/QUOTE]

Link took me straight to GOGamer...not sure why not for you...

Yeah, Wolfenstein's demo is awesome. I bought it for around $30 and don't regret it, but $20?!?

I guess I'm going to get both Company of Heroes...but I actually don't think I'll like it. It sounds like it's super focused on the combat and not base building, and the base building is the part *I* like.

[quote name='hordak']Yeah, it didn't stop on any pages, but it did end up on gogamer. Though, I could see these other sites being hit on my address bar. If I copy the link from the op, it shows this: http://www.qksrv.net/click-1312731-...After-XMas-Sale_stcVVcatId551271VVviewcat.htm does anyone else see this if you hover your mouse over the op link?[/QUOTE]
Not all that computer literate but it seems to imply that its a helper server to get you the page you want faster than it normally takes. Don't worry I'm not going to send you a virus..... I hope.:whistle2:#

Picked up Matt Hazard and Rise of the Argonauts for $23 shipped. A bit disappointed in the shipping prices at GoGamer, but I still feel like I got a solid deal on both games.

[quote name='Wolfpup']Did you click the link? There's WAY more stuff than what was posted, like at least an order of magnitude more.

I guess I'll finally try Company of Heroes and Warhammer, since they were so hyped.[/QUOTE]

Just because there is alot doesnt mean he has to be interested in any of it. I mean I looked at it and all I saw was stuff I either already had or stuff I dont want. All their sales are basically 75% of the same thing. Youll always find halo 2 on sale, always find torment on sale and a bunch of other games they cant seem to get rid of.

Im not big on gogamer to begin with since half their games are import versions (on occasion causing online play issues) and their shipping isnt exactly cheap either. A 3 dollar game can turn into a 10 dollar game really quick with them.

How did everyone like Two Worlds? Doesn't seem much compared to, say, a Bethesda RPG, but it's also only three dollars.

[quote name='gargus']Just because there is alot doesnt mean he has to be interested in any of it. I mean I looked at it and all I saw was stuff I either already had or stuff I dont want. All their sales are basically 75% of the same thing. Youll always find halo 2 on sale, always find torment on sale and a bunch of other games they cant seem to get rid of.

Im not big on gogamer to begin with since half their games are import versions (on occasion causing online play issues) and their shipping isnt exactly cheap either. A 3 dollar game can turn into a 10 dollar game really quick with them.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, but I thought maybe he hadn't clicked the link, since from the OP you could think it was only a couple of games, when the full sale is pretty awesome. Cheapest I've seen quite a few of those (really good) games.

[quote name='Surgo']How did everyone like Two Worlds? Doesn't seem much compared to, say, a Bethesda RPG, but it's also only three dollars.[/QUOTE]

I haven't played it, but the Xbox version was supposed to be horrible, while the PC version was actually supposed to be fairly good, as I understand it.

I would like to try Company of Heroes, but shipping kind of kills it.

Company of Heroes Gold edition on Steam is $14.99, with a chance to go lower if a Daily Deal does it later, which is possible.

The same combo on here is:

OTAL

Company of Heroes for PC
Ships within 24 hours
$4.90 You Save: $45.09 (90%) $4.90
Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts for PC
Ships within 24 hours
$4.90 You Save: $35.05 (88%) $4.90

Items Subtotal: $9.80
Estimated Shipping: $4.99

Estimated Total: $14.79

20 cents difference. I guess if you rather have the tangible product its good, too bad shipping kills any low price deal most of the time.

Worth more retail since you own it. Plus the shipping's cheaper depending on how much you order.

I think I'm just going to get the first one since I doubt I'll like it.

[quote name='Gaming-Module']Grab Rise of the Argonauts for sure if you haven't played it yet. It's not as polished as it could be, but they built a really solid core to what could have been a AAA title. There's a lot to enjoy about it.[/QUOTE]

i picked up on one of there sales its a pretty decent game havent beaten it yet but i like it so far.

[quote name='Surgo']How did everyone like Two Worlds? Doesn't seem much compared to, say, a Bethesda RPG, but it's also only three dollars.[/QUOTE]
Played and have the 360 version and am planning on playing the sequel. The game is made by South Peak. Which is a low budget European house. The games low budget and plays about 15 hours give or take. It's fun, the stories half decent, and at price it's highly unlikely you'll be disappointed with either version of the game.

Damn. Was gonna bite on Rise of the Argonauts for $9.90 then noticed it's an import. :(

edit: nvm...looks like this game is region free. sweet

I was interested in it at first, but I've read that it is essentially a lower-budget, not-quite as good clone of Oblivion, so I would suggest playing that instead unless you already have.

It's not "only three dollars". It's twice that with shipping. I don't know anything about the game; maybe it's still worth it, but their shipping is horrendous.

I've never had a problem with their shipping. $2.99 for the first item and a discount on each item is fair. I ordered 3 items and shipping was $5.99 and it comes in the retail box.

I know some of you'll say well it's free with Amazon but there's a catch. The order has to be at least $25. With GoGamer I can buy a $5 game and pay shipping. I'm just putting it in perspective.

Here's what I picked up from GoGamer...

For PC:
Mercenaries 2 - $2.90
Front Lines: Fuel for War - $4.90
Prince of Persia - $3.90

...and shipping isn't too bad $2.99 for 1 item and changes depending on how many items you get.

[quote name='Xtrminatr']Two worlds could possibly be one of the shittiest games I have ever played in my life, it's that bad.[/QUOTE]
This :applause:

[quote name='hordak']Just out of curiousity, do cag links typically take one to qksvr.net then commission-junkie before sending you to the url you clicked on? This is what I just experienced. I'm sure it wasn't a virus because I'm on my g1.

Otherwise, looks like some decent deals on BIA games... under $5![/QUOTE]

Since no one seems to know haha. I am 99% sure it's the service Cheapy D uses to get commision off of anything that sells on another site by clicking a link on this one. It doesn't pop up all the time but it will sometimes.

[quote name='Rodster']I've never had a problem with their shipping. $2.99 for the first item and a discount on each item is fair. I ordered 3 items and shipping was $5.99 and it comes in the retail box.

I know some of you'll say well it's free with Amazon but there's a catch. The order has to be at least $25. With GoGamer I can buy a $5 game and pay shipping. I'm just putting it in perspective.[/QUOTE]

You have to understand that Amazon Prime can ruin people. I've gone to sites other than Amazon, loaded stuff up, and if I couldn't find a coupon code for free shipping at RetailMeNot or something, I've been known to scrap the whole thing. It gets you in a mindset where you refuse to pay shipping.

Otherwise, looks like some decent deals on BIA games... under $5![/QUOTE]It's the referral site Cheapy uses to get his referral money for purchases made from GoGamer.com and other sites.

Got Rise of the Argonauts PC and 2 Blue MS mice, (two different orders) paid $16 total with shipping.

Now I have an extra mouse (3rd actually) that I really like using, and one to give to my Mom.

And about shipping, considering Amazon and half both charge $3.99 and $3.49 respectively for one item, Gogamer's 2.99 for one item is very reasonable, because it costs them $2 to ship it, then $.99 for the package they send it in for one item, some of you guys think you're entitled to free shipping all the time, hell I agree it's nice, but I'd prefer an item extremely cheap and then pay a modest shipping charge, instead of spending say $25 to get free ship when I can buy the same item for $12 then pay $4 to ship it, that's still saving me $9, it's all relative to me price-wise, and I still think they have really nice deals otherwise I wouldn't buy from'em.

[quote name='Vegan']You have to understand that Amazon Prime can ruin people. I've gone to sites other than Amazon, loaded stuff up, and if I couldn't find a coupon code for free shipping at RetailMeNot or something, I've been known to scrap the whole thing. It gets you in a mindset where you refuse to pay shipping.[/QUOTE]

Fair enough but Amazon Prime isn't free either. I only scrap an order if the shipping costs outweigh the item. With GoGamer's sales I usually buy several games to bring the shipping costs per game down.

[quote name='uncle5555']

and about shipping,

i'd prefer an item extremely cheap and then pay a modest shipping charge, instead of spending say $25 to get free ship when i can buy the same item for $12 then pay $4 to ship it, that's still saving me $9.[/quote]

+1 :cool:

I payed $8 on 6 items, one of which is a mouse, so that's not bad. I can't figure out how the shipping prices work exactly though, but it's not bad when I throw in a bunch of stuff.

I did too. I'm not even exactly sure what it IS. I mean I have a vague sense Warhammer is some licesed thing (maybe a pen and paper RPG or miniatures thing, or something?) and that the game is an RTS...but its' $5, and it's gotten good reviews and like 90 expansions, so...

I got all my stuff from GoGamer today. Pretty fast considering I ordered last week when the after XMAS sale started and factoring in mail delivery this time of year. I'm impressed. :cool:

bread's done
Back