GoGamer.com 48 Hour Madness (Supreme Commander $24.99, SiN Ep 1 $3.90)

Even though Sin Episode 1 feels like little more than a mod of Half Life 2, I really enjoy it a lot. I still have it on my PC and I play it frequently, as well as the first SiN game which is included. I guess I just like the cyber-punk atmosphere and the characters, not to mention the very satisfying burst of blood vapor and the spreading of brain matter after a well placed head shot. :D

Anyway, has it been confirmed there won't be any more episodes? That sucks. :( Still, for ~$6 shipped I'd definitely say this game is worth it.

[quote name='Alien Spider']
Anyway, has it been confirmed there won't be any more episodes? That sucks. :( Still, for ~$6 shipped I'd definitely say this game is worth it.[/QUOTE]

Yes.

The time who made Sin, their parent company got swallowed up by someone else and Ritual Entertainment, what is left of them (many key members quit) are being forced to make generic entertainment software.

The parent company has no plans to ever continue SiN.

I'm thinking about Supreme Commander. Does anyone know if the $10 off $30 or whatever that deal is for GCO works with GoGamer.com? Or is that just Buy.com?

EDIT: Answered my own question... there is a $10 bonus, but it doesn't work for GoGamer.com... bah. I might still get SupCom anyways, it is $5 cheaper than EB's price next week after tax.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yes.

The time who made Sin, their parent company got swallowed up by someone else and Ritual Entertainment, what is left of them (many key members quit) are being forced to make generic entertainment software.

The parent company has no plans to ever continue SiN.[/QUOTE]

Damn, that's a shame. :( I really enjoy the SiN universe, I'm not really sure why besides the games just being a lot of fun to play. I wish I had more SiN episodes to look forward to.

Thanks for the info, though.

[quote name='CrimsonPaw']I might bite on SIN, I wish there was a decent deal on HL2 Ep. 1.[/quote]

You can buy it for $9.95 over Steam.

For all you California residents out there, Supreme Commander will total ~$29.29 including tax and shipping (GoGamer is in CA). Still cheaper than most places, though.

I'll probably hop on Sin for the hell of it. Sounds like it's worth $5 at least.

Supcom I think I'll stay away from. Tried the demo, and it was just too dull for my tastes. Huge maps and tons of units and giant units is cool and all, but they don't have personality. Clicking a unit and getting "*WHIRR, ROBOT SOUND*" isn't as fun as clicking a unit and hearing "FAITH IS PUREST WHEN IT IS UNQUESTIONING". Kind of a silly thing to dislike a game for, but it just doesn't float my boat.

More interested in C&C3 which is probably not as good of a game, but has buckets of personality and silly cutscenes and fun things.

[quote name='Roufuss']Yes.

The parent company has no plans to ever continue SiN.[/quote]

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

I am a sad panda. :(

[quote name='SqueeMK2']ISupcom I think I'll stay away from. Tried the demo, and it was just too dull for my tastes. Huge maps and tons of units and giant units is cool and all, but they don't have personality.
More interested in C&C3 which is probably not as good of a game, but has buckets of personality and silly cutscenes and fun things.[/quote]

Yeah, I think that's a fair assessment. While C&C3 is certainly "more of the same," it does have personality going for it.

I was in the SupCom beta and told them the game was too laborious -- the opposite of what Chris Taylor wanted. There's just too much going on at any one moment, distracting me from being a true "supreme commander." That, and I was never impressed with the AI, both in beta and the demo.

If someone can take the ambition of SupComm (the huge units, the map zoom) and streamline it, they'll have a real winner.

[quote name='Serik']You can buy it for $9.95 over Steam.
[/quote]

Looks like $14.99 to me sir.

When buying retail versions of games is there any way to let Steam know so that you can have it in your list of games, just in case dvd or computer get destroyed?

Wow, that was fairly quick since I think this just went up yesterday.

It is going to be on sale next week at Gamestop/EB for $30 (if you can find it considering the way they stock PC games) which if you weren't going to grab Sin along with it is only a couple bucks difference after shipping. You trade off a couple bucks and having to walk into the store for getting to have it as soon as you lay your money down I suppose. The e-mail I got says the 29th-6th.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Looks like $14.99 to me sir.[/quote]

You're looking at the Half-Life 2 + One Pack, which includes HL2 and Ep1.

Ep1 goes for $9.95 by itself.

[quote name='bywaytm']Looks Like Supreme Commander is sold out. Any way to still get it at this price?[/quote]

It's back in stock now.

bread's done
Back