GoGamer.com Month End Madness

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoGamer

Official Representative
Going on now. We will have madness deals refreshed daily so keep checking back on some great deals....

Will update accordingly to this post...

I'm hoping for some more deals like the Dragon Ball Raging Blast/Muramasa/Katamari Forever for $20 deals.

And some more free copies of Maelstrom. ;)

@GoGamer - I would suggest always including links, at least to your homepage. You will attract more of us lazy people that way...and the stupid ones, too.

Never bought off gogamer, though I currently still kick myself for not buying Katamari Forever for 20 awhile back.

[quote name='DKRobbie']Never bought off gogamer, though I currently still kick myself for not buying Katamari Forever for 20 awhile back.[/QUOTE]

Me too. I was too late to the party. I picked it up for $24.99 from Amazon though (with my $10 credit.) It's well worth the money.

[quote name='Jiggaloj']Me too. I was too late to the party. I picked it up for $24.99 from Amazon though (with my $10 credit.) It's well worth the money.[/QUOTE]
really want that game waiting until i get lucky to find it for 20 or less

I won't be like these other crazies that want huge discounts on brand new games.

All I want is for Arcanum to go on sale. MAKE IT HAPPEN.

...is what I was going to post before I went to the site and noticed that it's ALREADY on sale! Huzzah!

they need free shipping to compete! plus there prices are way to high!!! I mean come on - 36.49 for 50 cent??? No thanks, I'll stick to newegg!

GoGamer, you rock! Awesome you got a CAG account. I never bought anything from your stores but I have got plenty of awesome deals from you on ebay. You guys are quality.

[quote name='watcher0']Um, I would suggest GOG instead. Where it's a mere $6 for a direct download.

http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/arcanum_of_steamworks_and_magick_obscura[/QUOTE]
I prefer hard copies. You don't really "own" digital downloads IMO. I make exceptions for big sales (always spend a ton on Steam during the holidays, for instance), but if we're talking about a difference of just $4 I'd rather have the disc.

Plus, I've never bought anything of GOG before and don't really feel like cracking the seal just for one game.

[quote name='Monroeski']I prefer hard copies. You don't really "own" digital downloads IMO. I make exceptions for big sales (always spend a ton on Steam during the holidays, for instance), but if we're talking about a difference of just $4 I'd rather have the disc.

Plus, I've never bought anything of GOG before and don't really feel like cracking the seal just for one game.[/QUOTE]

I don't mean to push for the wrong company here, as I love GoGamer, but GOG is DRM free and yours forever. You don't get a box, but you get an installation file that is not locked down in any way. Thats as good as it gets for digital downloads.

[quote name='Monroeski']I prefer hard copies. You don't really "own" digital downloads IMO. I make exceptions for big sales (always spend a ton on Steam during the holidays, for instance), but if we're talking about a difference of just $4 I'd rather have the disc.

Plus, I've never bought anything of GOG before and don't really feel like cracking the seal just for one game.[/QUOTE]

You don't really "understand" GoG.

You DO own the digital copy. You pay your money, you get one file, one EXE, one setup file that will install the entire game.

Make 100 copies, make 10,000 CDS on it, because you own that game. Unlimited downloads, ZERO DRM, plus they usually toss in exclusives with the game: Wallpapers, soundtracks, manuals, and other videos.

It's future proof, works in Windows 7 and Vista. No messing with DosBox because GoG does it for you.

You spend money on Steam but snub at GoG.... hypocrisy?

[quote name='blahtastic']A good deal on Star Ocean: Last Hope International, please![/QUOTE]

You won't be seeing it cheaper than Amazon's $44.99 Gold Box for quite some time, so best not get your hopes up.

[quote name='xycury']You don't really "understand" GoG.

You DO own the digital copy. You pay your money, you get one file, one EXE, one setup file that will install the entire game.

Make 100 copies, make 10,000 CDS on it, because you own that game. Unlimited downloads, ZERO DRM, plus they usually toss in exclusives with the game: Wallpapers, soundtracks, manuals, and other videos.

It's future proof, works in Windows 7 and Vista. No messing with DosBox because GoG does it for you.

You spend money on Steam but snub at GoG.... hypocrisy?[/QUOTE]

Well said. GoG.com rocks. I mean, what's the point of having "hard copies" of most of these old PC games in the first place? Heck, I threw a lot of that crap away because it was taking up too much space.

[quote name='AwRy108']Well said. GoG.com rocks. I mean, what's the point of having "hard copies" of most of these old PC games in the first place? Heck, I threw a lot of that crap away because it was taking up too much space.[/QUOTE]

Reselling? I built my latest PC with money I got selling my old games. Granted, those were console games but my point still stands.

Picked up Vancouver 2010 PC (I) for 9.90. I'm a sucker for LIVE pc games, that and it gives me something to play and get achievements when the Xbox breaks and goes back and forth with Microsoft.

I haven't "sold" a used pc game in a long time, but sometimes it is nice to trade them back and forth with friends or associates or even online tradeswaps. Lately with the DRM / codes / LiVE games attached to Gamertag, its harder and harder to do though. The buyer/trader most likely won't get the full experience, especially if the game relies heavily on online play / online features.

GOG does rock. I re-purchased at least 9 games so far that I had in the past. Either I misplaced, threw away or gave away the games in the past, but all the ones I have bought from GoG have worked on Windows 7 64bit no problems. Replaying the Gabriel Knight games and sharing them with my wife this time around was EPIC. She didn't really get into Fallout 1 or 2 though.....LOL. She asked me if those originally came out in the 80's. Had to admit it was the 90s, but the graphics were from the 80s. :)

Nothing for me so far, but some good prices there. Keep the discounts coming!

Also, is it just me, but I see the same old titles every GoG 48h sale...

Who do I have to send a hooker to visit to get the Fallout 3 GOTY Edition PC for $25 or less? Recent games like ME2 PC are getting marked down shortly after release, but FO3 is still pricey.

[quote name='Linwood']Reselling? I built my latest PC with money I got selling my old games. Granted, those were console games but my point still stands.[/QUOTE]

No, I'm pretty sure your point doesn't stand. "The point of having hard copies of games is to resell. I don't actually do that, but that's the point."

[quote name='xycury']You don't really "understand" GoG.

You spend money on Steam but snub at GoG.... hypocrisy?[/QUOTE]
You're right, I didn't know that about GoG.

Still doesn't make me a hypocrite, though. I didn't say OMG NEVER BUY DIGITAL DOWNLOADS THEY SUCK SO MUCH, I just said that I prefer to have a hard copy. I like manuals and cover art (that don't involve printing out on my home computer). I like cases. I like that I've already bought from GoGamer and Steam in the past so GoG would just be one more place to be sending my credit card information. Plus, many of the Steam games I have are indie games that just aren't available in hard copy versions (for example, I bought Torchlight on Steam before the hard copy version was available) if they're even available outside of Steam in the first place. Plus, Steam has a lot of extras that make it worth the time, friend lists being chief among them. Buying some older games on the Virtual Console is worth it because I don't necessarily want to have to track down old NES games and have an extra console hooked up to my TV.

I'm not anti digital download. I think there are plenty of times when getting a direct download is preferable to going for a hard copy. I have over a hundred games on Steam. That doesn't mean I can't prefer to have hard copies of games without being a hypocrite, and just because somebody doesn't want to buy from some online store that you have a hard-on for doesn't mean you should insult them.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='radioactivez0r']No, I'm pretty sure your point doesn't stand. "The point of having hard copies of games is to resell. I don't actually do that, but that's the point."[/QUOTE]
Having options is a good thing. Just my opinion, feel free to disagree.

[quote name='Monroeski']You're right, I didn't know that about GoG.

Still doesn't make me a hypocrite, though. I didn't say OMG NEVER BUY DIGITAL DOWNLOADS THEY SUCK SO MUCH, I just said that I prefer to have a hard copy. I like manuals and cover art (that don't involve printing out on my home computer). I like cases. I like that I've already bought from GoGamer and Steam in the past so GoG would just be one more place to be sending my credit card information. Plus, many of the Steam games I have are indie games that just aren't available in hard copy versions (for example, I bought Torchlight on Steam before the hard copy version was available) if they're even available outside of Steam in the first place. Plus, Steam has a lot of extras that make it worth the time, friend lists being chief among them. Buying some older games on the Virtual Console is worth it because I don't necessarily want to have to track down old NES games and have an extra console hooked up to my TV.

I'm not anti digital download. I think there are plenty of times when getting a direct download is preferable to going for a hard copy. I have over a hundred games on Steam. That doesn't mean I can't prefer to have hard copies of games without being a hypocrite, and just because somebody doesn't want to buy from some online store that you have a hard-on for doesn't mean you should insult them.[/QUOTE]

I didn't insult, it was just informative. I didn't make a statement that you are a hypocrite, just questioned that your actions could be.

If anything, I would have called you ignorant if I wanted to insult you, which I did not.

We're getting off topic.

I hope GoGamer refreshes their inventory with better selections/prices. Sale is completely meh.

[quote name='loomis1975']Picked up Vancouver 2010 PC (I) for 9.90. I'm a sucker for LIVE pc games, that and it gives me something to play and get achievements when the Xbox breaks and goes back and forth with Microsoft.[/QUOTE]

Picked one up as well. Always nice to have some GFWL games available to play on the laptop when the 360 isn't available. At this price as long as it makes me remember EPXY Winter Games from back in the day it is a win. :lol:

what a jumbled mess of a selection with some very obvious pricing errors. All the ones I clicked on that I was interested at the price shown were out of stock, and I don't think they added those games very long ago, I check 3 or 4 hours back and the old list from before the weekend was still there.

[quote name='NutManIV']Man, they've been trying to get rid of that Maelstrom game forever.[/QUOTE]

It's funny. I've now recived 4 free copies of the game from my orders.

[quote name='Monroeski']
I'm not anti digital download. I think there are plenty of times when getting a direct download is preferable to going for a hard copy. I have over a hundred games on Steam. That doesn't mean I can't prefer to have hard copies of games without being a hypocrite, and just because somebody doesn't want to buy from some online store that you have a hard-on for doesn't mean you should insult them.[/QUOTE]

The reason I like GoG is because, like you, I prefer hard copies of games. GoG allows me to make my own hard copy by burning it to a disc. GoG can cease to exist tomorrow and I'll still be able to reinstall and use all of my purchased games that I backed up on disc. Steam still uses DRM and if they ceased to exist, all of my games from there could be lost, so I only own a couple games there that I got dirt cheap. Trust me, if you like hard copies, GoG is your friend.

[quote name='Stingercjc']PC version of COD: WaW for 4.90 would be awesome if it was actually in stock.[/QUOTE]
I got all excited up until I clicked on it and it said it was out of stock :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back