GoGamer Madness 1/15

Console stuff is meh like usual, but there are some nice PC games there. I might pick up Titan Quest for $2.90. Thanks Cheapy

Huh, did they change their shipping recently? When I added 1 item shipping was $3, while 2 items had $5 shipping. Thought for sure that before it was $3 shipping for 2 items before. Was on the fence for Shivering Isles for $3 and Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts for $4, but the shipping for each was almost as much as the items themselves. Ahh well, decent prices at least, haven't seen those games or Frontlines for $4 cheaper anywhere else, even with the shipping.

If it's just plain old TItan Quest (as opposed to the bundle with the xp), get the patch right away. Got some nasty bugs in the unpatched original game

I'm on my way to Metacritic/Gamerankings right now, but...anyone have anything to say about Rise of the Argonauts 360?

[quote name='CheapyD']http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness-_stcVVcatId551271VVviewcat.htm

A few quick cheapies:
:360: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. $12.90
:360: Eat Lead: Return of Matt Hazard $7.90
:360: TimeShift $6.90[/QUOTE]

My brain conflated Eat Lead and Timeshift, and for a second I though I'd read "Eat Shit", which is an awesome commentary on that game :lol:

I've got a HIGH tolerance for shooters other people think are iffy, but Eat Lead was just a mess to play (and the idea, while clever, wasn't even well executed, given the weirdness of how Matt Hazard simultaneously seems to be self aware of some of what's going on, and completely oblivious to it...which is weird.)

I hope something like that is tried again by a competent developer. Publishers will probably all assume it flopped because of the humor or something dumb :whistle2:/

Shipping prices kind of ruined the " cheap pc games!" happiness. Stalker Clear Sky is 2.39...and shipping is 2.99. Added the RPG Pack and shipping goes up to $4.99 for the Dirt Cheap option.

[quote name='Magehart']Are these new or used copies?[/QUOTE]

I don't think Gogamer has ever sold used games. (Though I think they've occasionally had some refurbished hardware that's clearly marked?)

If it has an (i) in the description it's an import from England or whatever (that will run here too), otherwise it's from the U.S.

[quote name='eugaet']I'm on my way to Metacritic/Gamerankings right now, but...anyone have anything to say about Rise of the Argonauts 360?[/QUOTE]
You're going to be doing a lot of walking and talking and not so much fighting.

[quote name='sillymonkey321']Shipping prices kind of ruined the " cheap pc games!" happiness. Stalker Clear Sky is 2.39...and shipping is 2.99. Added the RPG Pack and shipping goes up to $4.99 for the Dirt Cheap option.[/QUOTE]
I keep forgetting why I don't buy anything from them when I see cheap games ... then I remember. $6 shipping for three games?

Last edited by a moderator:
GoGamer answers;

Shipping - You can thank the post office for that one...no more media mail...screwed everything up...but thanks for your support. We are striving to find cheap shipping methods each and everytime...

Used Games - never. We do a lot of import games. The import games sometimes have more options, missions, more characters, etc.

Refurbished - only on the consoles and yes one time on headphones - eww Sorry! But everything is clearly marked.

Fall Out 3 GOTY - can't touch that price yet so enjoy your nap...will wake you up soon!

[quote name='GoGamer']GoGamer answers;

Shipping - You can thank the post office for that one...no more media mail...screwed everything up...but thanks for your support. We are striving to find cheap shipping methods each and everytime...

Used Games - never. We do a lot of import games. The import games sometimes have more options, missions, more characters, etc.

Refurbished - only on the consoles and yes one time on headphones - eww Sorry! But everything is clearly marked.

Fall Out 3 GOTY - can't touch that price yet so enjoy your nap...will wake you up soon![/QUOTE]

I think the post office wishes Media Mail never existed. Priority only.

[quote name='GoGamer']GoGamer answers;

[/QUOTE]

What? I haven't heard anything about this and Google doesn't mention anything. It's still listed on the USPS site.

Hmm... I'm interested in quite a bit but the shipping really kills it.

bread's done
Back