GoGamer Madness 3/2/10

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
[img-r=1]331[/img-r]GoGamer offers up another Madness sale featuring a bunch of console and PC deals, including some under $20 cheapies:

:360: Section 8 $9.90
:360: Ghostbusters $14.40
:360: Bionic Commando $9.90
:360: Band Hero $19.90
:ps3: Katamari Forever $19.90
:ps3: AC/DC Live: Rock Band Track Pack $9.90
:ps3: G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra $9.90
:psp: Dissidia Final Fantasy $19.90

gogamer.gif
GoGamer.com Madness

Last edited by a moderator:
picked up band hero, couldnt pass it up for that price. I was debating buying it used from gamestop a few days ago but this is practically half of their price. thanks CAG.

and thank you for the answers MRNEWZ.

Dang. Section 8 already sold out. At least it hit the $10 price -- there is hope in future Madness sales for a repeat as that's what usually happens.

Cool, thanks. In for one Band Hero.
As much as I don't want to play Taylor Swift songs..."I want you to want me" and "Every Rose has it's Thorn" have their appeal to me. And Spice Girls.

ok I order someting and it's not showing that I placed any orders. I use paypal to buy it. can anyone tell me what wrong?

[quote name='shrike4242']Once again, GoGamer disappoints with selling out in the first few hours of the sale.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. And, unlike Newegg, they don't limit quantities purchased, which isn't too bright when you're selling $60 MSRP games for $10. It's a hoarder's playground. Prior to Amazon Prime and digital distribution, GoGamer was my go-to place for purchases. Sadly, they still haven't evolved to keep pace.

[quote name='shrike4242']Once again, GoGamer disappoints with selling out in the first few hours of the sale.[/QUOTE]

How is that their fault? They disappoint with the same, tired deals. They do some new ones and SELL OUT and they still disappoint?

The did limit 1 per order for Section 8 as well.

Come on Shrike.

Doh! I guess I would have picked up Katamari if it weren't out of stock.

Bionic Commando and Ghostbusters are awesome, but I bought them last year.

[quote name='MrNEWZ']How is that their fault? They disappoint with the same, tired deals. They do some new ones and SELL OUT and they still disappoint?

The did limit 1 per order for Section 8 as well.

Come on Shrike.[/QUOTE]It's their fault in that they're assuming the sale will run for 48 hours and they sell out within a few hours of the sale. That's an allocation issue, and as GoGamer does pull international items for some of their sales, there's additional options for them to get product.

Plus, they don't allow any backordered ordering like other sites, so even when it gets items in-stock again, you're out of luck with the price going back up.

At the moment, I don't see where they limited quantities to one per person, so unless they did and yanked the information about that limitation when it went out of stock, they didn't appear to limit quantities.

[quote name='Kush']I'm definitely in for a copy of Section 8 ...I've been waiting to see the $10 price tag for a while.[/QUOTE]
I'm really starting to enjoy Southpeak Interactive games but I'm not a big Multiplayer guy. Is anyone still playing this online?

[quote name='shrike4242']It's their fault in that they're assuming the sale will run for 48 hours and they sell out within a few hours of the sale. That's an allocation issue, and as GoGamer does pull international items for some of their sales, there's additional options for them to get product.

Plus, they don't allow any backordered ordering like other sites, so even when it gets items in-stock again, you're out of luck with the price going back up.

At the moment, I don't see where they limited quantities to one per person, so unless they did and yanked the information about that limitation when it went out of stock, they didn't appear to limit quantities.[/QUOTE]

Amazon does the same thing, except they call it Lightning deals.... No backorders, doesn't last long. GoGamer can't be helped to have 1 for everone in the 51 hours they put up a sale.

Are you going to copy-pasta this on the next Lightning deal you miss on?

And the Limit 1 might be only on the email page they send out, which I don't get till 36 hours into a Madness sale... Annoying! I know!

Now I could come into this thread and say GoGamer disappoints by not putting up .01 or .99 pc games or complain that it's mostly those console-tards centric sales.... but I don't.

[quote name='xycury']Amazon does the same thing, except they call it Lightning deals.... No backorders, doesn't last long. GoGamer can't be helped to have 1 for everone in the 51 hours they put up a sale.

Are you going to copy-pasta this on the next Lightning deal you miss on?

And the Limit 1 might be only on the email page they send out, which I don't get till 36 hours into a Madness sale... Annoying! I know!

Now I could come into this thread and say GoGamer disappoints by not putting up .01 or .99 pc games or complain that it's mostly those console-tards centric sales.... but I don't.[/QUOTE]I'm very aware of the concept of a Lightning Deal, thanks, and how quickly they sell out. :roll:

I'd like to think that if they're going to have a sale for 48 hours, there's some semblance of trying to get it within a few hours that I'd expect.

In any case, thank you for your opinion. We're going to agree to disagree with this situation.

You missed it. Too bad. Get over it. Life goes on.

Do you go to retailers at noon on Black Friday and expect the popular deals to still be in stock too?

Seriously, every sale in the world is "while supplies last." Are you not old enough to understand this or not mature enough to handle it?

And the reason they don't do backorders is because they often don't restock. The dirt cheap stuff are effectively clearance items.

[quote name='Josef']All the good stuff is gone already :cry:[/QUOTE]

Don't know about that Josef, Raven Squad is still available :lol:

[quote name='benjamouth']Don't know about that Josef, Raven Squad is still available :lol:[/QUOTE]

lol, let me know how that is ;)

[quote name='HaLLuZiNaTiOnZ']So is the dirt cheap shipping really 1 - 2 weeks, or might I get it sooner? Ordered Raging Blast before it sold out..[/QUOTE]Their Dirt Cheap shipping is USPS Media Mail, which normally takes 4-7 days to arrive. The 1-2 weeks timeframe is to cover them, not how long it'll take to show up.

[quote name='shrike4242']Their Dirt Cheap shipping is USPS Media Mail, which normally takes 4-7 days to arrive. The 1-2 weeks timeframe is to cover them, not how long it'll take to show up.[/QUOTE]

Alright, thanks for the response.

I'd cancel my order and get better shipping, but they're sold out now.

what does anyone think the odds of restocking on Katamari or GIJoe for ps3 are? any known of previous sales where they got some back in?

i ordered within the 1st hour of the deal being posted and got a backorder notification email an hour ago saying it could take up to 30 days to receive katamari, so i think they would have to fulfill the initial orders before they went back in stock

One comment on the dirt-cheap shipping... I've been shopping gogamer for years. The dirt-cheap shipping (which used to be free if you ordered 3 or more games!), used to take over a week... I noticed some time last year, things changed. I'm getting my games within 3-4 days now. Not sure why this happened, but I'm not complaining...

got my game today, think I ordered it on the first day of the sale - 3/3/10, pretty cool, I think they threw in a free pc game Maelstorm! Too bad I already have multiple copies of these game.

A little update, acheivements are super easy so far, only played like 3hrs of multiplayer and got over 130 pts already. Also seems a lot of these acheivements are multiplayer based instead of single player campaign.

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back