GoGamer Madness: $4.90 PC Games

[quote name='ProtoEXE88']Shadowrun for PC only runs on Vista, right?[/quote]

Yes. There are hacks to get it to run on XP, but you can only play offline bot matches if you go this route. Lame.

[quote name='nexen']Yes. There are hacks to get it to run on XP, but you can only play offline bot matches if you go this route. Lame.[/quote]
If you dont got vista and Gold live acount for it dont even bother picking the game up. Also online i been harassed by Xbot live for achievement points. Most of the PC gamers have the left the game anyways. plus the game look worse due to the lack of HDR in game too, add in the use of auto aim plus are harderly accurte makes for a spary n pray game.

anyways i picked up
Myst V
Universe at War
Jade Empire
Space quest comp

[quote name='Animefalcon']...[/QUOTE]

Dang, I just noticed you've got a quad core running at 4GHz! That's crazy. Run Folding@Home on that monster if ya don't! (If the CPU's stable enough to handle that at that clock speed...)

My best system I own is still just a 3.4GHz Pentium 4 :whistle2:D Best one I have access to is a dual core 2.8GHz P4...at least it runs the multi-CPU Folding client :)

[quote name='Wolfpup']Dang, I just noticed you've got a quad core running at 4GHz! That's crazy. Run Folding@Home on that monster if ya don't! (If the CPU's stable enough to handle that at that clock speed...)

My best system I own is still just a 3.4GHz Pentium 4 :whistle2:D Best one I have access to is a dual core 2.8GHz P4...at least it runs the multi-CPU Folding client :)[/quote]
had to use a water cooling (waterblocks from dangerden)

Just got:
The Movies
Blacksite
Shadowrun (Since I have an XBL account)
Unreal Anthology (Since I don't own a single Unreal game...)

All for 26.59 with ground shipping, which was the same price as Dirt Cheap on Google Checkout.

Thanks for the info!

sweet, thanks Cheapy

I picked up Jade Empire (never played, but love Bioware) and Space Quest (huge fan of these growing up).

Thank you for the info. I bought The Movies for myself and Jade Empire for a friend (I already beat the xbox version).

Managed to avoid buying any the first day this was up but went for it today. Got Quake 4 and Jade Empire. I played Quake 4 for the 360 but had bought it used and returned it since nobody was online and wasn't worth the 40 I paid.

Product Line 1 : Heroes of Might and Magic V
Product Line 2 : Unreal Anthology
Product Line 3 : Shadowrun
Product Line 4 : Jade Empire: Special Edition
Product Line 5 : Battlestations: Midway
Product Line 6 : Rise & Fall: Civilizations At War DVD
Product Line 7 : RF Online (X2)
Product Line 8 : Commandos: Strike Force
Product Line 9 : Broken Sword 3: Sleeping Dragon
Product Line 10 : Cold War
Product Line 11 : XIII
Product Line 12 : Space Quest Compilation
Product Line 13 : Just Cause
Product Line 15 : BlackSite: Area 51

Can anyone tell me more about Space Quest?

One of the best adventure game series ever IMO. It's a funny series about a Janitor called Roger Wilco who is working on a ship , when its attacked. He escapes and then hilarity grows as he tries to save the day/galaxy. Lot's of spoofs about sci-fi shows from back in the day.

Yeah, it was a big deal back in the day, but remember it's a completion of OLD PC-style adventure games. If you don't like the genre (I rarely do) or you don't want to play old games, skip it.

LOTS of great games on that list though. More great than not.

Whoo! I just got a new computer, so this was great timing for me. I haven't played a good PC game since...counter-strike?

I bit on Quake 4 (loved the original) and Shadowrun (loved the pen and paper game). do people still play these online?

I picked up Shadowrun (really underrated game) and Stalker for 15 bucks + shipping. Almost bit on Unreal and Space Quest, but decided against it

I guess I was too late. Jade Empire is up to $8.90, even thought the counter said there were more than 50 hours until this deal expired. I know I know, 48-hour madness, but still. Lame.

I placed an order last Thirsday, and it hasn't even been processed. What's the deal? What does "Sourced" mean?

I ordered last Thursday and it shipped last night (so today really). Went with the cheapest shipping, as I always do.

Got my games today, those being:
Shadowrun
The Movies
Unreal Anthology
Blacksite: Area 51

I'm still thinking about taking one or two of them to Wal-Mart using the "I got this for my birthday..." trick to get some extra cash for a PS3...

Gogamer is on a nice comeback trail with their last few 24-hour madness sales... although I don't quite recall when they switched from actually being 24 hours to 72+ hours...

According to USPS, my Jade Empire still hasn't even shipped. I ordered on July 7. Anyone in the same boat? Looking at their policy, it seems they won't replace "Priority Mail", which is how I assume they sent it.

[quote name='genfuyung']Wish I would have gotten the Unreal set. How much was it with shipping?[/quote]

The Unreal set was just a PC DVD with all of the games in one normal-sized case. (Not like the box that they showed on the GoGamer website.) So the shipping was the same on that as with all the others.

i should have ordered the age of empires/warcraft bundle that I saw like 5 months ago. I don't think they'll ever do that one again =[

[quote name='mdmola']i should have ordered the age of empires/warcraft bundle that I saw like 5 months ago. I don't think they'll ever do that one again =[[/quote]

Yeah, and apparently I should have put insurance on my order, because I'm never going to see it. fuck you, "dirt cheap shipping." :bomb:

[quote name='Sparticane']According to USPS, my package has shipped, AND "been delivered." That's funny, because I sure as hell don't have it. :bomb::bomb::bomb:[/quote]

How are they confirming this? Dleivery Confirmation? If so then "delivery" just means it has been received at your local Post Office. The carrier may not have brought it to your residence yet.

[quote name='SuperTongue']The Unreal set was just a PC DVD with all of the games in one normal-sized case. (Not like the box that they showed on the GoGamer website.) So the shipping was the same on that as with all the others.[/QUOTE]

Mine came in a box like it showed, though I haven't cracked it open yet to see what's actually in it-maybe that's what you mean, that it's just a single DVD with all the game?

I just bought it for Unreal 2. I enjoyed the demo, already own the first one, and don't have any interest in the deathmatch games.

[quote name='Richard Longfellow']How are they confirming this? Dleivery Confirmation? If so then "delivery" just means it has been received at your local Post Office. The carrier may not have brought it to your residence yet.[/quote]

According to their tracking system, it has been sent to my local post office, and "delivered to my apartment" already. I called them to open up an investigation into the location of the package today. According to their system, they've already given it to me.:bomb:

bread's done
Back