Gogamer Madness AP PS3 $19.99 LP 2 PS3 $19.99 Alan Wake $29.99 Many back in stock

jaydepps

CAG Newbie
Just received an email and didn't see it posted anywhere. Sorry if it is a repost.

http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId553100VVviewcat.htm?AID=171950&PID=1312731

Xbox 360-Alan Wake $29.90
Xbox 360-Madden 11 $52.90
Xbox 360-Magnacarta 2-$19.90
Xbox 360-Metro 2033 $19.90
Xbox 360-Splinter Cell Conviction $27.90
Xbox 360-Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition $27.90
Xbox 360-Singularity $39.90
Xbox 360-Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 $44.90
Xbox 360-Red Dead Redemption $44.90
Xbox 360-Kane and Lynch 2 $51.90
Xbox 360-Mafia II $49.90
PS3-Lost Planet 2 $19.90
PS3-Alpha Protocol $19.90
PS3-3D Dot Game Heroes $29.90
PS3-Kane and Lynch 2 $51.90
PS3-Intec Wireless Racing Wheel-G7783 $7.90
Wii-Z Chuk Wireless $4.90
Wii-Arc Rise Fantasia $29.90
Wii-Red Steel 2 $19.90
PC-Singularity $39.90
PC-Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 $39.90
PC-Splinter Cell Convictions $27.90
PC-STALKER: Call of Pripyat $19.90
PC-Age of Conan: Rise of the Godslayer Gold Edition $19.90
PC-Aliens Vs. Predator $19.90
PC-Call of Duty World at War $16.90
PC-Rise of Flight $14.90
PC-Time of Shadows $9.90
PC-Death to Spies: Moment of Truth $9.90
PC-Unreal Anthology $6.90
PC-Majesty 2 $4.90
PC-Mass Effect 2 $16.90
PC-RPG: Game Pack $3.90
PC-Gothic 3: Forsaken Gods $3.90
PC-Blood Bowl $3.90
PC-Section 8 $3.90
PC/PS3-Dual SFX Frag Pro Wireless Controller $59.90

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='eastshore4']I don't see how since the devs took every waking moment to tag the game as an "espionage RPG". The videos I've seen of it certainly seem to echo the reviews: terrible AI, bad graphics(I'd like to think graphics matter at least a little bit in a cinematic type of game as this), boring gunplay... it really seems like a poor man's mass effect. I'm still interested to try it though, and at $20 the price seems right.[/QUOTE]

I said that, because the RPG aspects of AP are really good. The shooting mechanics is where the game falters.

unfortunately, the vast majority of people seem to absolutely freak out if a game in any way tries to institute character accuracy by having bullets not go quite where you aim based on your in game statistics.

this is unfortunate; i really love when games do this, but i know i'm in the minority. but i also love any RPG that tries to minimize player ability and focus solely on your characters ability (so, in this case, human player accuracy doesn't trump character accuracy).

[quote name='CioCio']Ehh, LP2 is tempting but I have too many PS3 games on backlog as it is. Some other time, GoGamer![/QUOTE]

Lost Planet 2? You probably know this, but just in case...it sounds terrible, and don't even think about it if (like me) you only care about single player. It sounds like they removed everything that worked in the first game, made everything that didn't even worse, and throw in some new stupid problems. I mean the first game was way too hard and not as good as it could have been besides that, but showed promise...and this seems like it devolved.

[quote name='affa']unfortunately, the vast majority of people seem to absolutely freak out if a game in any way tries to institute character accuracy by having bullets not go quite where you aim based on your in game statistics.

this is unfortunate; i really love when games do this, but i know i'm in the minority. but i also love any RPG that tries to minimize player ability and focus solely on your characters ability (so, in this case, human player accuracy doesn't trump character accuracy).[/QUOTE]

Didn't Mass Effect (and other games) do this? I know it's probably weird for people at first, but it works for me...but then I'm used to RPGs, I don't know.

yea i was thinking alpha protocol, but i havn't heard a single good thing about it. is it worth the $20 or will it be cheaper soon?

Thanks OP been looking for a deal on LP2 for PS3, this is perfect! I know it got some crumby reviews but story mode co-op makes up for a lot of deficincies.

Glad I didn't bite on the newegg/amazon deal :mrgreen:

Lost Planet 2? You probably know this, but just in case...it sounds terrible, and don't even think about it if (like me) you only care about single player. It sounds like they removed everything that worked in the first game, made everything that didn't even worse, and throw in some new stupid problems. I mean the first game was way too hard and not as good as it could have been besides that, but showed promise...and this seems like it devolved.
...but you haven't played it. I'm a SP kind of guy, and despite going into the SP campaign knowing full well that it was made for MP/Co-op I enjoyed it immensely.

That's cool-yeah, true enough, I haven't played it. Just going by the Giant Bomb guys, who's opinions on the first one mirror my own, as did their thoughts on it before they played the second...but who knows. Well, for $5ish I'd try it, but I'm less confident in it than the first one, and the first one wasn't worth the $20 I paid for it to me.

[quote name='nhatkthanh']All the game they sell are new factory sealed correct?[/QUOTE]

Yep! It's all new stuff as far as I know. I've always had stuff come as well packaged as anywhere else.

They do sell imports though (I think mostly or entirely for PC games) which they denote with an (I) after the name, and I think in the description. (I think they were selling The Witcher import for MORE since the U.S. release was originally censored, but usually if they have both versions the U.K. or whatever one is cheaper)

I do love that price for a boxed copy of ME2. I loved the first one, but I've needed to upgrade my PC before I bother playing the second one.

This is likely a really stupid question, but I've never ordered with GoGamer before and I was just wondering if they sold brand new games or used games. Thanks in advance!

[quote name='monkeydoodle']This is likely a really stupid question, but I've never ordered with GoGamer before and I was just wondering if they sold brand new games or used games. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]
Check 3 posts above your own brotha

Thanks for the heads up, picked up Alan Wake. I'm glad I waited this long as some people have been saying the game's length was not quite worth $59. Can't wait to get The Signal too.

[quote name='monkeydoodle']This is likely a really stupid question, but I've never ordered with GoGamer before and I was just wondering if they sold brand new games or used games. Thanks in advance![/QUOTE]

The last game I ordered as new looks like a reseal (and damaged case as well).

That said, I may be in for Red Steel 2. Any comments on this game?

Ha, I went to the bank for 20 minutes to deposit enough money in my account for Lost Planet 2 and it sold out. fucking awesome. Hope it comes back in stock.

Just wanted to say that both of the games I ordered (Alpha Protocol and LP2 for PS3) have been back-ordered, even though they were both "in stock" when I ordered them

PS First post, hello world.

[quote name='gantt']The last game I ordered as new looks like a reseal (and damaged case as well).

That said, I may be in for Red Steel 2. Any comments on this game?[/QUOTE]

On second thought, after tax and shipping it's only $3 and change cheaper than Amazon. And I've never received resealed/damaged games from Amazon.

[quote name='KingKoopaTroopa']Just wanted to say that both of the games I ordered (Alpha Protocol and LP2 for PS3) have been back-ordered, even though they were both "in stock" when I ordered them

PS First post, hello world.[/QUOTE]
Exactly the same and both games are backordered altho when I purchised them they were in stock. I wonder if they are going to start canceling orders

How often do things actually come back in stock in these sales? I've bought from them before during these types, just never when something was sold out, but with the price on Alan Wake being that good, and 80 hours left in the sale, I'm going to have to constantly be checking back.

Hell I was going to do lost planet 2, alpha protocol and metro 2033 but they were all out of stock.

FIgures, the one time gogamer has a sale Id get into they are out of stock.

Oh well, thanks for the heads up.

Alright, now they're just being mean, if you click on Lost Planet 2 it shows it as being in stock until you try to add it to cart. Nope.

I have been buying games from gogamer for 3 plus years and every game I purchased was new.

[quote name='realskillz']just both alan wake for 32 bucks hope its worth it.[/QUOTE]

Trust me,it Is WELL worth it :)

Figures I just bought Alan wake for $39 on e-bay, then everyone would post a sale on it. Just started playing it, but so fare, it's a really great game. A steal at around $30 or even the $39 I paid for it :D.

I read this email 2 hrs. after getting it LP2 Metro2033 and Alpha ALL SOLD OUT. 2 hours after EMAIL. funky deal

[quote name='Be3fJerky']Would've picked up AP but it's out of stock atm, oh well...[/QUOTE]

looks like they are back in-stock on AP. Same for Alan Wake.

[quote name='halomaster']looks like they are back in-stock on AP. Same for Alan Wake.[/QUOTE]

Hey man thanks for the update. Just placed my order! Someone should update the thread to say back in stock for the next 15 hours or whenever till the sale ends. Really great prices!

Weak if they can't hang with the big dogs and supply the masses. They need to stick to ebay. LOL 2 day madness sell and stuff is out of stock 2 hrs. SHould be a deal of the day. Gogamer more like Gonegamer.LOL

kind of weird. I ordered LP2 for the PS3 earlier today. It said it will ship in 24 Hours (ie. it didn't say it was out of stock)- when I paid for it, I immediately got an email that it was out of stock and might take 30 days to get to me (if not, I would be refunded). Did this happen to anyone else?

For people who are wondering about the "Dirt Cheap" shipping option, I ordered my LP2 last Thursday and got it today, which is 4 days earlier than the estimated arrival date.

It's my first time dealing with GoGamer and I am definitely satisfied. Thanks again OP!

I used the Dirt Cheap shipping and got Alan Wake in about five days. I also got free "Grip-It" Analog Stick Covers sampler (meaning 2 covers only) for free included with my order, which retail for $4.90(!) for four covers on their site. They're okay. I put one on each left analog stick of my Dual Shock 3 and 360 Controller. They do help with the DS3's slippage.

bread's done
Back