PC Dirt 2 $7.90
PC Wings of Prey $17.90
PC Dead Rising 2 $26.90
PC Cities XL 2011 $26.90
PC Rise of Flight Iron Cross $27.90
PC Two Worlds 2 $29.90
PC Rift $41.90

http://www.gogamer.com/48-Hour-Madness_stcVVcatId553100VVviewcat.htm

[quote name='shadowkast']how different is this from the last madness they had?....seems identical to me[/QUOTE]

All their Madness sales are very similar.

The redundancy is why they're labeled "Madness" sales...

This is getting crazy GG, just friggin' put a section on the site and call it "clearance bin" and stop with the 'sales' until you have a new batch of games to discount. Oh, and add your shipping into the prices.

The sales are almost always identical to one another but occasionally there's a really great deal in there, like there is today. X3 Gold is $3.90, which with the "dirt-cheap" shipping option (7-15 days) and tax it's $7.34, and with USPS Priority Mail (3-5 days) it's $9.23, which is still lower than I've ever seen this or it's individual components on Steam (no lower than $9.99).

I also once bought Oblivion GOTY and the original Thief and Hidden and Dangerous 2 for $9.79 total with shipping, as the first two were both only about $1.50 each and the latter was given out free with each purchase during that sale. The occasional amazing deal hidden inside all the typical "sales" are why I always check to see what the new sales are, even if they're usually unremarkable.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm still confused about their shipping. On the very top of the page it says if you order three games and select dirt cheap shipping, shipping is free. So I had in my cart Rise of Flight: Iron Cross Edition ($27.90), Mercenaries 2 (.99 cents), Thrillville (.99 cents) and I was being charged $5.99 for shipping right before I placed the order.

I checked my cart again and saw they were all "dirt cheap shipping", so I decided to delete them all. Anyone knows exactly how their free shipping with 3 games actually works? :bouncy:

The last two games were basically fillers.

oh geezzz i got ripped off hardcore. i paid 1.90 for painkiller black on there last sale now its 0.90!!!! just playin thats a sick deal either way. just so people know there shipping is crazy fast! i got my games in like 2 days.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']All their Madness sales are very similar.[/QUOTE]
They also seem like the exact same titles you see at Big Lots! or Half-priced Books. I suspect all 3 of them get these overstock titles from the same distributor.

[quote name='Rodster']Yup placed my order and was charged $5.99 shipping for three PC games, cancelled order. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

i thought the same thing but if you look it says "free upgrade" not free shipping. So you are paying $6 for priority instead of media mail.

[quote name='oldboy26']i thought the same thing but if you look it says "free upgrade" not free shipping. So you are paying $6 for priority instead of media mail.[/QUOTE]

ship_deal_bar.jpg

Kind of deceptive if you ask me that they put "free shipping" in front of upgrade. :bomb:

[quote name='Rodster']
ship_deal_bar.jpg

Kind of deceptive if you ask me that they put "free shipping" in front of upgrade. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

This. I just think this store is bad in many aspects. I like how "the more you buy the less you pay" works in there.

Surprised to see jon714 hasn't posted anything yet. :lol:

[quote name='Rodster']
ship_deal_bar.jpg

Kind of deceptive if you ask me that they put "free shipping" in front of upgrade. :bomb:[/QUOTE]

If you think that's deceptive, you're either dyslexic or a moron.

[quote name='Rodster']
ship_deal_bar.jpg

I would consider it deceptive if, ya know, everything after FREE SHIPPING was in smaller font, but that is not the case here at all.

[quote name='sherisdoppel']This. I just think this store is bad in many aspects. I like how "the more you buy the less you pay" works in there.

Surprised to see jon714 hasn't posted anything yet. :lol:[/QUOTE]

No time for games super bowl weekend, but yes I buy all my games from either gogamer and Frys sometimes Newegg or Amazon

it's only deceptive if after reading 2 words your mind shuts off.

especially since in order to know you need to order 3 items, you'd have to SKIP the upgrade part. it's not even close to deceptive.

It's not deceptive (at least intentionally), it's just bad sentence composition and syntax. "USPS Priority Mail Upgrade for FREE on any order when you buy 3 games or more*" would be more concise. I think it's just bad wording.

I admit there's a gem in GoGamer's sales every now and then. I get frustrated sifting through the rough for a diamond though, but that's part of being a CAG, I suppose.

[quote name='shadowkast']how different is this from the last madness they had?....seems identical to me[/QUOTE]

Many titles are the same, but I count 5 new deals.

PC Thrillvile $0.90
PC Sky Aces: Heroes of The Great War $0.90
PC Armed Assault $2.90
PC Entente WWI Battlefields $2.90
PC X3 Gold $3.90

bread's done
Back