GoGamer Madness Refresh: The Witcher(I)/Unreal Anthology/Empire Earth 3 and more

[quote name='d8onausa']Any deals on new eyes? Because people are going to need them after trying to read that font.[/quote]

:lol::D:applause:

[quote name='d8onausa']Any deals on new eyes? Because people are going to need them after trying to read that font.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. $200 off a lasik procedure would be nice. :)

but anyone have any recommendations about the UFO extraterrestrials,
I remember the old Xcom games, wondering if this was like that only updated.

[quote name='d8onausa']Any deals on new eyes? Because people are going to need them after trying to read that font.[/QUOTE]

It's like staring straight into the sun. On that note, I think it's time for me to take a break from looking at the computer.

By the way qwerty, thanks for the deals and future ophthalmologist appointment. ;)

You buy The Witcher and you buy it now or you may as well stop being a PC gamer because you don't know what's good for you.

Also the UFO series is good and enjoyable but not great. The problem is so many people go in expecting it to hold up to XCOM which it simply won't so it makes the problems with it look huge and awful. Take it for what it is and enjoy it though if you've missed games in that style.

I'm really tempted to get UT3 especially for that price. Always been a big fan of the series but the beta demo or whatever it was kind of turned me off.

[quote name='d8onausa']Any deals on new eyes? Because people are going to need them after trying to read that font.[/quote]

success! please use my new website cheapassoptometrist for all your eye needs!

[quote name='JolietJake']Is the witcher any good? I don't always like these fantasy role playing type games.[/quote]

it certainly has enough praise, plenty of people consider it the best RPG in years. I do think its worth mentioning though that the regular version was on the madness list a couple weeks back for $30 (its since returned to ~$50). Normally imports arent more expensive but they're profiting on the buzz about some edited text and mild nudity which was removed in the US version.

The import is clearly superior since it has boobies and more thighs.
That said, any version you get is good. And CD Projekt is well worth supporting due to the complete overhaul they're working on. Things like that give me warm fuzzies, I got it at $50 and enjoyed it as a pretty awesome RPG by itself, but the fact that they sold some 600,000 copies and decided to make a megapatch and re-release the game with fixes for everything everyone complained about practically makes me want to buy it again. This as opposed to World of Warcraft which gets $15 a month from 10,000,000 people and they still charge people tickets for their convention.

Kind of a ranty post, but yeah The Witcher is pretty neat. Out of the RPGs last year it was my favorite, enjoyed it more than Mass Effect and the NWN2 expansion.

[quote name='jrutz']Here's the official info on the Enhanced Version of The Witcher:

http://www.thewitcher.com/community/en/news/444.html

Coming in May, may be import only but that just means you still get all the censored content that didn't make it in the US version plus a helluva lot more. For this, I'm waiting...[/quote]

right but like i said

[quote name='qwerty1']all the improvements will be available in a free patch for owners of the current version.[/quote]

Just dont want people to get the wrong impression, theres nothing wrong with buying the game now as you wont get an inferior product if you dont wait 3 months. The only difference will be that the 'enhanced version' is basically pre-patched, with the current versions you'll need to manually patch yourself to get the added content/tweaks/fixes.

The only really good reason i could see for waiting would be if you only plan to play it on and off or just once through since you'll obviously lose out on the added stuff.

Ordered the UFO game yesterday when this came up. I'm not expecting anything as good as the old X-COMs were, but something in a similar style with updated graphics is good enough for me.

[quote name='qwerty1']right but like i said[/QUOTE]

For example, aside from the game DVD, we are planning to include a DVD with a Mod Editor D'jinii, as well as two additional adventures, a video DVD with extended material concerning the making of the game, a music CD with 29 tracks from the game, a music CD with 15 tracks of music inspired by the game, an 80-page instruction booklet, a 112-page official guide written by the authors of the game, and a 50-page short story written by Andrzej Sapkowski. There will also be a map of the game world. As you can see it is quite an elaborate release and it is important to us that fans all over the world be able to buy this version of the game.

I don't all that can be "patched".

Yeah. I think all those goodies (Except the editor and new adventures which are being patched in) were in the Polish release, but it'd be kinda neat if they put it in the rerelease version too.

The import Witcher dosen't have any weird DRM does it? It looks awesome, but I don't want the neutered U.S. release.

bread's done
Back