CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Link to GoGamer Madness landing page

10px_spacer.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='mokmoof']Thanks for the advice, mrosnwo. I just might take it.

I will not, however, be getting Sam & Max--because I just found out that the retail disc uses Securom, and that owning it wouldn't allow me to dodge that bullet by downloading the games from Telltale (as I could if I bought a DVD directly from them). Even at 6 bucks, that's a rip-off.

So I'm right back to wishing I'd gotten the games on Steam. Oh well.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up. I was just about the pull the trigger on Sam and Max but decided not to.

I can not believe that not ONE person has brought up InFamous being $52, and are instead talking about a lot of crappier games. Facepalm.

[quote name='Jack-Hunter']I can not believe that not ONE person has brought up InFamous being $52, and are instead talking about a lot of crappier games. Facepalm.[/QUOTE]

Don't forget shipping, Amazon is cheaper http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000ZK7ZOE/ref=nosim/cheapassgam08-20, so I would say it isn't a reflection on the game, but instead better prices exist elsewhere. BTW, my copy of InFamous shipped yesterday from Amazon.

Plus many reserved inFamous when the ECA codes were still available (extra 10% off).

[quote name='Jack-Hunter']I can not believe that not ONE person has brought up InFamous being $52, and are instead talking about a lot of crappier games. Facepalm.[/QUOTE]

Hey, we're CAG's - looking for a signifcant deal!

Well, when you factor in GoGamer's insane shipping prices and pony express delivery times, it's not that great a deal.
Everyone will be done with the game by the time you receive it.

[quote name='jp0213']Just remember guys on the Terminator game for PC it has been recalled. http://www.incgamers.com/News/16483/PC-Terminator-Salvation-Recalled

Not sure if Jason and the guys at GoGamer have the remanufactured copies yet. They might, just figured I'd give fair warning.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the notice on this. I'm not sure if the newly manufactured copies are out just yet so maybe those currently for sale are the recalled copies?

[quote name='xycury']I thought I heard that the PS3 version, since came later had better bug fixes and the menu system improved for consoles.

do some research though... can't guarentee hearsay.

GET IT

Seriously, awesome price, I paid $3 more for it on the last sale. You won't find it at another price like this.[/QUOTE]

Sacred 2 released on the same day on PS3 and 360, and both have the newer interface that was changed from the PC. They are pretty much identical except for one temporary coop issue on the PS3 mentioned below. Reading on the forums they both have the same technical issues:

1. framerate issues and screen tearing

2. Trading between two players playing couch coop doesn't currently work

3. Misc. quest glitches

4. Save game corruption issues for some players. To compound this the 360 version doesn't allow saves to be backed up. PS3 saves can be backed up using the PS3's archiving feature but the game reads them as "tampered saves" when restored and prevents their use to prevent cheating. According to the official forums a patch to fix this is currently in MS testing (and I'm assuming the PS3 update status is in a similar state)

The crazy thing is that even with these issues this game still ROCKS if you are a Diablo/Titan Quest fan. If you are, then just BUY it.

Temporary Coop PS3 issue- The 360 version allows 2 players playing couch coop to go online and play against two players over LIVE. In earlier system firmwares the PS3 wouldn't allow two online profiles to log on at the same time so two couch coop players can't play on PSN. The current PS3 firmware now allows this, but the game was developed on old SDKs from before the firmware change and the ability wasn't coded into the game. The developers have said that a fix for this will be forthcoming, but I have heard no estimates of when.

Bottomline- Unless you specifically want to play with 2 players at home and two more online at the same time, I would buy it on whichever system your friends will be playing it online with or on the system whose controller you prefer.

[quote name='Zimmy']Well, when you factor in GoGamer's insane shipping prices and pony express delivery times, it's not that great a deal.
Everyone will be done with the game by the time you receive it.[/QUOTE]

I must be very lucky. I always choose the cheapest shipping and from CA it reaches me in upstate NY in 2 days! That's First Class Mail. I thought I was lucky the first time, but each time now same thing - I get it in two days. I order on a Weds get it that Friday!
So I asked my mailman what's up with that - his answer was I am lucky - both ends are basically next to a 'hub.'
Sorry to hear many others have a delay.

So I just got a "gaming" laptop that I can take to work for downtime (I work 3rd shift). Any suggestions for good games under $10 each? Also what is this DRM that Sam & Max has thats so bad? I can only play games that are off-line at work.. (so if they need to check in online to play I can't use them).

[quote name='Staind204']So I just got a "gaming" laptop that I can take to work for downtime (I work 3rd shift). Any suggestions for good games under $10 each? Also what is this DRM that Sam & Max has thats so bad? I can only play games that are off-line at work.. (so if they need to check in online to play I can't use them).[/QUOTE]

In this particular deal I think BiA: Hells Highway is worth the money. I payed around $10 for it on newegg.com a couple months ago.

So I can get both Call of Juarez and Brother in Arms Hells Highway for under $5/each????

THAT is an offer I cant refuse

[quote name='Jasonofindy']Sacred 2 released on the same day on PS3 and 360, and both have the newer interface that was changed from the PC. They are pretty much identical except for one temporary coop issue on the PS3 mentioned below. Reading on the forums they both have the same technical issues:

3. Misc. quest glitches

4. Save game corruption issues for some players. To compound this the 360 version doesn't allow saves to be backed up. PS3 saves can be backed up using the PS3's archiving feature but the game reads them as "tampered saves" when restored and prevents their use to prevent cheating. According to the official forums a patch to fix this is currently in MS testing (and I'm assuming the PS3 update status is in a similar state)

The crazy thing is that even with these issues this game still ROCKS if you are a Diablo/Titan Quest fan. If you are, then just BUY it.

Temporary Coop PS3 issue- The 360 version allows 2 players playing couch coop to go online and play against two players over LIVE. In earlier system firmwares the PS3 wouldn't allow two online profiles to log on at the same time so two couch coop players can't play on PSN. The current PS3 firmware now allows this, but the game was developed on old SDKs from before the firmware change and the ability wasn't coded into the game. The developers have said that a fix for this will be forthcoming, but I have heard no estimates of when.

Bottomline- Unless you specifically want to play with 2 players at home and two more online at the same time, I would buy it on whichever system your friends will be playing it online with or on the system whose controller you prefer.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the indepth details. From my own research the only differences I really found were the PS3 coop issue, and some issue on the 360 where gamestop exclusive item was not unlocking.

I'm a huge Diablo 2 fan (wasted all last summer playing it AGAIN), and I am just planning on playing it local co-op I think. Maybe I'll check to see if any CAGs are playing it, and on what platform.

[quote name='Jasonofindy']Sacred 2 released on the same day on PS3 and 360, and both have the newer interface that was changed from the PC. They are pretty much identical except for one temporary coop issue on the PS3 mentioned below. Reading on the forums they both have the same technical issues:

3. Misc. quest glitches

Bottomline- Unless you specifically want to play with 2 players at home and two more online at the same time, I would buy it on whichever system your friends will be playing it online with or on the system whose controller you prefer.[/QUOTE]

I found a way to avoid this game on the PC, but I know I'm gonna end up biting on 360. Maybe this price is enough.... I loved D2 and TQ and first Sacred.

[quote name='Josef']Thanks for the notice on this. I'm not sure if the newly manufactured copies are out just yet so maybe those currently for sale are the recalled copies?[/QUOTE]

We know about the bad disks. We're not shipping the bad disks. When the good disks come we will ship those that ordered. We were told it would not be long.

Jason

[quote name='coconutexpress']All PS3 games are Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray is region free.[/QUOTE]
Sorry to go off topic here, but Blu-Ray is NOT region free. Most studios choose to not include region coding, but the ability to lock to a region definitely exists. Disney, FOX, and other studios have many region locked releases. I think the majority are not, though.

I'm pretty new to PS3 and was surprised that PS3 games are not region coded considering that during the brief format war with HD-DVD, studios supposedly preferred region coding (Blu-Ray) vs. no region coding (HD-DVD).

[quote name='Staind204']Also what is this DRM that Sam & Max has thats so bad? I can only play games that are off-line at work.. (so if they need to check in online to play I can't use them).[/QUOTE]

I'm generally against DRM as well, but I've bitten on quite a few DRM-infested games that at this point one more doesn't matter. But here's some research, because I was curious and now I'd like to share:

So the disc version of Sam & Max doesn't limit the number of installs or require online activation. All you need is to have the DVD in the drive to play (http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3685). That said there appears to be some discs that refuse to start due to a SecuROM bug and you will need to patch it for it to run (http://www.gamershell.com/download_45264.shtml)

It uses SecuROM v.7 (http://reclaimyourgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=45&Itemid=11), which if you're concerned about it installing junk on your computer, you can follow this lengthy tutorial to remove it (http://reclaimyourgame.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=68&Itemid=40)

Oh well, for $6, and relatively less-restrictive DRM, I will have to bite.

[quote name='BlueScrote']Thanks for the indepth details. From my own research the only differences I really found were the PS3 coop issue, and some issue on the 360 where gamestop exclusive item was not unlocking.

I'm a huge Diablo 2 fan (wasted all last summer playing it AGAIN), and I am just planning on playing it local co-op I think. Maybe I'll check to see if any CAGs are playing it, and on what platform.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably be picking it up for the PS3 if the issues are fixed up, and I can find it at a good deal. You guys did realize though that the game had the (I) next to it. :O

[quote name='Zimmy']Well, when you factor in GoGamer's insane shipping prices and pony express delivery times, it's not that great a deal.
Everyone will be done with the game by the time you receive it.[/QUOTE]

LOL... You must like to pay full price for your games? I thought this was CHEAPASSGAMER? I live in CA, and games only take 1 day to arrive.

Did anyone look at details on the refurbished PS3? It says the PS3 unit has 4 USB ports. Now from what I know, that means the unit will have backwards compatibility, for 309! I think that is a pretty good deal. Can anyone confirm that refurbished PS3 really is backward compatible or if its just a typo? If it truly does have BC even if its software emulation, I'd definitely order it.

[quote name='Lucian']Sorry to go off topic here, but Blu-Ray is NOT region free. Most studios choose to not include region coding, but the ability to lock to a region definitely exists. Disney, FOX, and other studios have many region locked releases. I think the majority are not, though.

I'm pretty new to PS3 and was surprised that PS3 games are not region coded considering that during the brief format war with HD-DVD, studios supposedly preferred region coding (Blu-Ray) vs. no region coding (HD-DVD).[/QUOTE]

I guess your right on a few movie studios, but PS3 games have no region codes.

I like how Sacred 2 was OOS for 360 since this sale started. Atleast from when I checked the e-mail I got form GoGamer. It's International version anyways.

I have a feeling the game will drop to $40 MRSP in the next two months as is.

[quote name='coconutexpress']LOL... You must like to pay full price for your games? I thought this was CHEAPASSGAMER? I live in CA, and games only take 1 day to arrive.[/QUOTE]

Infamous is a game I'd like to have in my hands on day 1. An extra 7 or 8 bucks is not a big deal.

[quote name='lwelyk']Anyone ever buy a refurbished system from GoGamer? That PS3 is tempting.[/QUOTE]

I picked up the XBOX 360 60GB refurb for $199.90, Works great, and it was the Falcon Motherboard. I'm happy with it.

sacred is a garbage game. i gamefly'd that pos and returned 2 days later.

Champions of Norrath and Diablo are good games, sacred is not. the items all look alike, you cant customize your character. you cant even choose gender with the classes.

Alot of folks are misleading people into buying this because they believe if the game sells well they will be getting patches and DLC. patches are needed because I dont care what anyone says online play on the game is garbage.

It doesnt even show who the hell is talking in the room. you cant remove a player that is being annoying. It lags like mad. freezes, mics stop working. You name the problem this game has it online.

Offline works out well, but it gets boring fast as the game poses no challenge at all. all you do on this game to kill bosses is spam potions. whoopy no strategy or skill is needed.

There is no high end content period. You can fight and kill all the bosses at level 20 no need to be level 200 nothing changes but they hit harder and get more hp. The set armors work the same way. you can get full set at level 20 and then at level 200 the same sets will drop just higher level with better stats but same graphics whoopy.

Honestly just rent this title and give it a go if you like it then buy it. But dont buy it just because someone on this site or any other tells you it great, because it isnt.

Alot of other games out there to spend 60.00 on. I hate developers who make games like this, its like it was just rushed and ported. way to many bugs and there is really no point to the game. the story is non existent really. you run around and talk to people who will send you farther up the road to talk to someone else.

Dizee,

You are more than welcome to your opinion of Sacred 2. In fact, I'm sure there will be those that share it. However, it is a bit disingenuous to say that people who like the game are "misleading" other people into buying it. How am I misleading people into buying it when my entire earlier post outlines a large list of faults in the game? I'm hardly sugar coating its flaws. I'm just saying that for many people really into the genre including myself, the game is still incredibly fun in spite of all that is wrong with it.

In fact, if you look back, the posts here were in answer to someone asking about differences between the PS3 and 360 versions. I've seen nobody show up just to praise the game to "mislead" people into buying it.

I played PS3 UFC Undisputed at my friends house today. That game is sick, much better the WWE that's for sure.

Worth $50 bucks, at least for me it is.

For anyone interested in Men of War, Gamersgate has it as a digital download for $12, compared to the $20+shipping GoGamer charges.

bread's done
Back