GoGamer PC Madness: BiA HH $32.90 Lego Batman $19.90

Anyone have an opinion on GW:platinum as a single-player experience? I've always been tempted to get it, but I'm just not into the whole MMO-thing.

[quote name='raskol']Anyone have an opinion on GW:platinum as a single-player experience? I've always been tempted to get it, but I'm just not into the whole MMO-thing.[/QUOTE]

I personally really enjoyed Guild Wars, but its not for everybody. If you're wanting to go solo only, that will be near impossible for some parts of the game. A lot of the quests and all of the main story missions require having a party, otherwise you'll die extremely quickly.

[quote name='raskol']Anyone have an opinion on GW:platinum as a single-player experience? I've always been tempted to get it, but I'm just not into the whole MMO-thing.[/QUOTE]

Uh, there isn't really a specific "single-player experiance." It's an MMO.

[quote name='CoffeeEdge']Uh, there isn't really a specific "single-player experiance." It's an MMO.[/quote]

I tried to play it alone since my friends are overseas and don't really play when it's 11 pm here. I had to skip quite a few missions that required you to party up with someone. It isn't as easy as WoW or WAR where you can quest by yourself and get through most of the game.

But like GTZ_NSR said, you'll just die if you try and tackle the harder missions where you have to deal with multiple high level enemies. Might be easy to take them out one at a time but you can never be sure if luring one enemy will bring the whole pack. It's just not going to work for me and I even have a sealed copy of Nightfall Collector's Edition.

Any opinions on Vanguard or Silverfall?

[quote name='GTZ_NSR']I personally really enjoyed Guild Wars, but its not for everybody. If you're wanting to go solo only, that will be near impossible for some parts of the game. A lot of the quests and all of the main story missions require having a party, otherwise you'll die extremely quickly.[/quote]

wellll.....

The entire Prophecies, which is the first chapter, is completely do-able alone.... but it's better if you take a trip mid-way through and go to Eye of the North expansion and pick up some AI heroes that you can use as part of your "alone" party.

Playing the game with AI Henchman is hard, but can be done, playing with heroes is easy, you'll get 3 available, out of 10 to choose through the expansion campaign.

Honestly this is the cheapest I've EVER seen it, and you're getting a great game, with the last expansion with it.

Anyone that is curious should try it out, you won't find this cheaper, unless it's free...

[quote name='typeRJ']

Any opinions on Vanguard or Silverfall?[/quote]

Vanguard is an MMO with fees

Silverfall sounds alike like dungeon Siege...

[quote name='elsteveo2']brothers in arms must not be selling well[/quote]

thats the international version they're selling. its not uncommon for their international versions to be in their madness sale like that.

Also just a heads up, the 360 version was in their last week, someone stated that they had emailed gogamer and got a reply that the game was the Australian version. I dont know if thats also the case with this PC version but i'd say chances are good. The reason why that matters is it might have the body dismemberment system disabled to allow the game to be sold in that country at an appropriate rating. Its a good price but i would at least email gogamer and just check if it is the Australian version. If it is i'd stay away. If its UK or EU then i'd buy it.

edit, a bit of research shows that the AU version may not of been censored after all
http://www.classification.gov.au/sp...Y=1970&sDateToM=9&sDateToY=2008&record=228248

the important bit in that is the part that states the version passed is "origonal".

Last edited by a moderator:
bread's done
Back