360:
Mass Effect 2 $44.90
Resonance of Fate $53.90
CoD:MW2 Hardened E. $42.90
Battlefield BC2 $52.90
Dynasty Warriors SF $41.90

PC:
AVP (I)$32.90

Most of these games aren't my style (and no its not the art of fighting without fighting) so if there's better prices elsewhere don't shoot the messenger. I do know that some of these are preorders, so if you don't mind the wait...

preorder resident evil 5 gold edition PS3 for $35.. went ahead and ordered using the FS code, not bad

also good deal on mass effect 2 as a new copy is the way to go (free dlc)

Is there a coupon code for free shipping? I got all the way to the payment page and its still trying to charge for shipping on Mass Effect 2. Or did I miss a step somewhere in the middle?

[quote name='SDC']Great deal for Yakuza 3. CAG should really support that game. Sure to be rare, just like 1 and 2.[/QUOTE]
No one should support a game thats had content removed before its release to save time.

[quote name='genfuyung']No one should support a game thats had content removed before its release to save time.[/QUOTE]

Agreed ..... plus the demo sucked more than the baby of Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust and Rogue Warrior . Seriously I dont know why ANYONE would support such a SHIT game ?

Damn it, I said to myself that I wouldn't impulse buy today, but Resident Evil 5 Gold for $35 is an absolute steal, plus I'm mulling over that Bioshock 2 Special Edition bundle as well.

[quote name='mrright4you4now']is there a coupon code for free shipping? I got all the way to the payment page and its still trying to charge for shipping on mass effect 2. Or did i miss a step somewhere in the middle?[/quote]

shipfree25

(by the way, enjoy me2, one of the best games I have played in my 15 years of gaming)

[quote name='genfuyung']No one should support a game thats had content removed before its release to save time.[/QUOTE]
And there is the type of post that will haunt Yakuza 3 from now to eternity. I'm not too happy about Sega removing the pretty Japanese girls from the game either, but boycotting it is pretty extreme when we should be happy that it even came out in the US considering how few "real gamers" bought the first two. Reminds me of those guys complaining about Left 4 Dead 2 coming out too soon. Hey, just think of this as realistic: As gaijin, we're not allowed in real Japanese hostess bars anyway!

99% of games have elements removed at some point in the cycle. Y'know Super Metroid? There was content removed when it went to US (a boss's death animation). Does that make it a crappy game that we should all refuse to play? I'm going to say no. I guarantee Mass Effect 2, COD:MW2, Super Mario Wii and every other game you or anybody else holds dear had to get some piece of it amputated in order to make schedule/budget. Usually they don't get publicized like Yakuza 3's, but rest assured they happen.

Okay, rant over -- and I'm not trying to single you out, genfuyung. I just get sick of seeing the same whining on every single little mention of Y3 (which I pre-ordered from Amazon a few months back and have definitely not canceled).

[quote name='ViolentLee']And there is the type of post that will haunt Yakuza 3 from now to eternity. I'm not too happy about Sega removing the pretty Japanese girls from the game either, but boycotting it is pretty extreme when we should be happy that it even came out in the US considering how few "real gamers" bought the first two. Reminds me of those guys complaining about Left 4 Dead 2 coming out too soon. Hey, just think of this as realistic: As gaijin, we're not allowed in real Japanese hostess bars anyway!

99% of games have elements removed at some point in the cycle. Y'know Super Metroid? There was content removed when it went to US (a boss's death animation). Does that make it a crappy game that we should all refuse to play? I'm going to say no. I guarantee Mass Effect 2, COD:MW2, Super Mario Wii and every other game you or anybody else holds dear had to get some piece of it amputated in order to make schedule/budget. Usually they don't get publicized like Yakuza 3's, but rest assured they happen.

Okay, rant over -- and I'm not trying to single you out, genfuyung. I just get sick of seeing the same whining on every single little mention of Y3 (which I pre-ordered from Amazon a few months back and have definitely not canceled).[/QUOTE]

Agreed -- but Y3's sales are going to be bad ... very bad. If you think about who needs to support this game for it to do well, and then think about how badly Y1 and Y2 sold -- even without this sort of debate, then you start to realize how badly this game is going to do. I enjoyed the first two, but have no plans to support Y3 (frankly, I've had my fill of these games and I don't see anything in Y3 that's particularly all that different -- it certainly is prettier, though).

Sadly, any hope for Y4 coming here are pretty much done for after Y3 tanks. I suspect many of the core supporters will decide to wait it out until this one hits the bargain bin.

[quote name='gospelman'](by the way, enjoy me2, one of the best games I have played in my 15 years of gaming)[/QUOTE]
Damn Straight Kid. ME2 is the kinda game you always wished people would make. The one that says not only does story matter, but how you play the game matters in this game and the next. That's huge, a sequel that makes the first game MORE relevant not LESS. ME2 is the kinda game that makes everything else feel second class. The kinda game you point back to in the story of your gaming life and say this one mattered.

Says a guy who supports Deadly Premonition :whistle2:k

[quote name='AndrewsAwesome4']Agreed ..... plus the demo sucked more than the baby of Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust and Rogue Warrior . Seriously I dont know why ANYONE would support such a SHIT game ?[/QUOTE]

I....hope you're being sarcastic here and I'm just not seeing it. People didn't clamor here for it to be released for nothing, if it wasn't a fun game.

And for those who've ordered on gogamer before, it's a trustworthy site, right? $35 for Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition is too good to pass up, seriously. It's the kind of deal I've been looking for on it. I was hoping Amazon would give $10 credit, but this is better even if Amazon gave 10 dollar credit.

thanks OP. And thanks for not posting a ink. I never use them because of commission whores like the one above.

Pre-ordered RE5 Gold. $34.90 is a good price. RE5 is still around $30 so I doubt it'll get much lower any time soon. I'm also really eager to play it since I loved RE4 (I know it's not RE4, but I'll give it a chance).

I might order something with the free shipping. Their shipping rates are usually what prevent me from getting something from them.

Dont know how many times Ive seen a game I wanted because it was dirt cheap but then at checkout the 7 or 8 dollar shipping would prevent me from buying it.

Does gogamer commonly sell things they don't have enough stock of? I bought muramasa and they just decided not to ship my order since they apparently don't have it...

[quote name='vherub']re5 gold for $35 w/fs shipping- that should be in the title, great deal[/QUOTE]

Maybe next week they'll do the 360 version? That's the price I'm holding out for.

[quote name='ithebigc']Stupid tax was more than the free shipping =(

Also, no one answered previous question - gogamer, trustworthy, yes/no?[/QUOTE]

yes they are trustworthy. I've bought from them multiple times, and their 48 hour sales are frequently posted on the front page of CAG.

[quote name='ithebigc']I....hope you're being sarcastic here and I'm just not seeing it. People didn't clamor here for it to be released for nothing, if it wasn't a fun game.

And for those who've ordered on gogamer before, it's a trustworthy site, right? $35 for Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition is too good to pass up, seriously. It's the kind of deal I've been looking for on it. I was hoping Amazon would give $10 credit, but this is better even if Amazon gave 10 dollar credit.[/QUOTE]
I bought ME2 their last 48 hour sale with no problems.

the ship free coupon didn't work at the time though.

[quote name='NutManIV']yes they are trustworthy. I've bought from them multiple times, and their 48 hour sales are frequently posted on the front page of CAG.[/QUOTE]

Yep, they are very trustworthy. I've purchased a ton of cheap PC games from them. Cheap/free shipping usually takes about a week for me.

[quote name='Brownjohn']Yep, they are very trustworthy. I've purchased a ton of cheap PC games from them. Cheap/free shipping usually takes about a week for me.[/QUOTE]

not from my experiences with gogamer. While I did get something from them it wasn't what I ordered at all and to get in contact with the company is impossible since they never answer their e-mails and everytime I tried to dial their phone # on the invoice that came with my order it kept giving me the error "your # cannot be completed as dialed " Of course that was my first gogamer experience and since then it's made me rather sour towards their store.

Are these all legit North American versions ie not imports? I am interested in ME2 and BC2 but have seen them selling off import stuff for cheaper.

re: Yakuza 3. It was my understanding they only cut a few things that didn't translate to American culture at all, such as 'hostess clubs', but kept the actual hostesses... they just turned it more into straight up dating instead. so yes, they cut content, but it was bit more of a delicate snip than wholesale gutting for time.

but i could be wrong, it was just what i heard.

RE5 Gold PS3 is gone from their website now. I pre-ordered it at the 35 dollar price and it still has my order processing at that price. Will see what happens.

[quote name='ViolentLee']And there is the type of post that will haunt Yakuza 3 from now to eternity. I'm not too happy about Sega removing the pretty Japanese girls from the game either, but boycotting it is pretty extreme when we should be happy that it even came out in the US considering how few "real gamers" bought the first two. Reminds me of those guys complaining about Left 4 Dead 2 coming out too soon. Hey, just think of this as realistic: As gaijin, we're not allowed in real Japanese hostess bars anyway!

Okay, rant over -- and I'm not trying to single you out, genfuyung. I just get sick of seeing the same whining on every single little mention of Y3 (which I pre-ordered from Amazon a few months back and have definitely not canceled).[/QUOTE]
Of course all games get content cut. I'm not debating that. Im saying here is a company (Sega) with a shit track record to begin with, bringing us a great game that a lot of people never though would make it here and then announcing right near the launch "Oh yeah, we took some shit out because putting it in would've taken us an extra month and fuck that noise, we need this game out now." Its laziness. And when asked why, they said it was because we wouldn't get it. fuck that, we aren't idiots. Never support overt laziness in any form. You can make excuses for them all you want and laugh it off. I'm not buying an incomplete game. Which is why I canceled my amazon pre order. I never said it would be a bad game. I believe it will be good. I loved the demo. But it will be an incomplete game. Enjoy it.

[quote name='Armor42']Says a guy who supports Deadly Premonition :whistle2:k[/QUOTE]
Man I love little trashy bargain bin games in any form. You shouldn't write a game off just because its cheap. Of course I know some people just cant wrap their head around enjoying a game that didn't cost 60 dollars and have years of hype and the latest unreal engine. You have my pity.:grouphug:

[quote name='genfuyung']Man I love little trashy bargain bin games in any form. You shouldn't write a game off just because its cheap. Of course I know some people just cant wrap their head around enjoying a game that didn't cost 60 dollars and have years of hype and the latest unreal engine. You have my pity.:grouphug:[/QUOTE]

I'll gladly take your pity over 20 hours of a "little trashy bargain bin" game :lol:

I too actually enjoy some crappy games for a quick laugh as long as I don't have to pay much at all (or anything). The enjoyment mostly comes from how brainless and unintentionally funny the game is, but it usually wears off after just a couple of hours and I go back to playing a "good" game. One of the worst I recently played was Rogue Warrior. Thank goodness I didn't pay a cent and blasted through on hard in an hour and a half. As somebody who likes to finish what I start, I would hate to put myself in a situation where the novelty of a terrible game wears off well before I've gotten into the meat of the game.

Now on topic, I'm tempted by $45 for ME2, and if anybody on CAG doesn't already have MW2, $43 for MW2 + CoD classic is quite a deal.

Best price ($45) I've seen on MAG so far, but I suspect more and better deals are on the way soon.

I ordered once or twice from GoGamer and everything was fine. They have (or used to have) somebody who claimed to work there posting here, responding to questions/sale suggestions. Props for that.

[quote name='Kagath']Are these all legit North American versions ie not imports? I am interested in ME2 and BC2 but have seen them selling off import stuff for cheaper.[/QUOTE]

Looks like they are both NTSC games. The box art shows the ESRB rating, and gogamer will usually add a I for international if the game is a import.

bread's done
Back