GoHastings: 25% Off Used Games

Woo! Thanks OP! Paid off to wait for the 2 games I wanted. Too bad that the USED price for 3D dot heroes increased or else I would of gotten that too. Got basically 28% off with that ebates site. Not bad and for the 5-7 dollar games it offsets the shipping. Might have to order more if the impulse is still this strong by the end of the day...I got:

:ps3: after code
Wolfenstein $12.97
Army Of Two 40th Day $12.99
$30.xx shipped with cashback it goes to around 29.xx shipped.
Not too shabby =D

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm, this could prove interesting. I'd take a dive on a couple games I wanted if I knew they'd come with a manual/all that. I would be able to get SSB:B, Zelda:TP, and Super Paper Mario for about $24 each after tax/shipping.

I can't find any information on their used games policy. Do they come with instructions and original case/art?

Also, what's the difference between "used", and "previously viewed". I notice for Mass Effect, the "previously viewed" version is about 2 dollars cheaper than the "used" version.

[quote name='AugustAPC']I can't find any information on their used games policy. Do they come with instructions and original case/art?

Also, what's the difference between "used", and "previously viewed". I notice for Mass Effect, the "previously viewed" version is about 2 dollars cheaper than the "used" version.[/QUOTE]

All games come with original case and manual.

Previously Viewed is a rental copy.

Used is a game someone has traded in.

Discount only works on used games.

[quote name='jello44']All games come with original case and manual.

Discount only works on used games.[/QUOTE]

Wow, that's quite impressive. These prices seem too good to be true. Do the games usually come in good condition? There's gotta be some sort of catch.

Yeah... the catch is shipping lol. But out of the 30+ PS3 games I have ordered from them just 1 came without a PS3 case ( But it did come with the official artwork and manual ) and another with a crumpled manual. Their Xbox games are always way cheaper than the ps3 games ( don't know why? :cry: ) A difference from 20% to 60% sometimes even. This last order was probably my last PS3 order as I have everything I want... you know what. I am gonna order some Xbox 360 games.. Be right back :lol:

Sheesh man... I don't get gohastings. I have an account and one time... ONE TIME I've gotten their coupon codes to work, but other than that, nadda. Today is no exception. I have a USED (not a previously viewed) 360 game in my cart, enter all my information, and attempt to apply the coupon code - "Coupon code 'used25' is invalid'.

No, it's not invalid... I'm looking at it advertised right now on the sidebar of the damned page I'm trying to apply the code to. Good grief.

I've sent off a message to customer service, but I've done that before and they always come back with, "duh.... it should work!"

But I will say that the one time an order went through appropriately, the used game, case, and manual were all in great condition :)

[quote name='jello44']All games come with original case and manual.

Discount only works on used games.[/QUOTE]

NOT all used games come with original case and manual; you can end up with a generic case and/or no manual. Rental copies generally are of poorer conditions than used games.

[quote name='midloo']Sheesh man... I don't get gohastings. I have an account and one time... ONE TIME I've gotten their coupon codes to work, but other than that, nadda. Today is no exception. I have a USED (not a previously viewed) 360 game in my cart, enter all my information, and attempt to apply the coupon code - "Coupon code 'used25' is invalid'...[/QUOTE]

Where are you applying the code? At checkout? And make sure you do not leave spaces at the end of the code and capitalize. ;the site does not seem to be able to parse inputs efficiently. Seems they've fixed that issue.

Pretty good.

Web of Shadows - $10
Pokemon Platinum - $15
Singularity - $20
Wolfenstien - $10

and shipping was nine bucks so it wasn't too terrible.

You have to capitalize the coupon. used25 won't workm but USED25 will. At least, that happened to me.

[quote name='Admiral Ackbar']

You have to capitalize the coupon. used25 won't workm but USED25 will. At least, that happened to me.[/QUOTE]

ah... well... maybe I'll try that :)

EDIT: Wow... that worked. I'm in I/T and those guys need to learn how to use a "TOLOWERCASE" function. Thanks Ackbar!

Well, I just purchased Mass Effect 1 and 2 for twenty-three dollars and some change. I really hope they come with their original art and instructions, as I'm somewhat of a collector.

Very good prices, though. If I had more money I'd pick up a lot more games.

The shipping does blow, but I've had great success ordering from them in the past, have gotten 9 games all in great shape. If shipping was cheaper, good god I would have spent a ton more money there.

Are there only some used games for which the used code will apply? I tried a used copy of Red Dead Redemption for the 360 and got an error after trying to apply USED25. p.s. - Never mind - it has something to do with an age check apparently.

There were a few games I wanted to get, but seeing as how I bought a majority of the games I wanted on the b2g1 deal... I figure these games will hold me over till black friday.

I did go ahead and buy Flatout though. Loved the game on PC but would like to play splitscreen with some friends. Its one of those games hard to find on craigslist lol :)

Sweet, got Enslaved for $35. I feel kind of bad, I want to support it because it's a new IP but I wasn't able to get in on the K-Mart deal and I definitely do not want to pay $60 for the game. Was going to get it when it hit the new price of $30 and I was hoping for something with Black Friday. Oh well. My impatience got the best of me.

[quote name='derekg52']The shipping does blow, but I've had great success ordering from them in the past, have gotten 9 games all in great shape. If shipping was cheaper, good god I would have spent a ton more money there.[/QUOTE]

Yep, I feel the same way, the more I put into my cart the higher the shipping cost, the higher the shipping cost, the more stuff I remove from cart. *sigh*

Guys, Shipping is free if you buy a costume or costume-related stuff (Halloween jewelery, etc..) from the Trends section. Doesn't matter how many games you get (the more the better obviously). Pretty hot deal!

Basically go to the Trends section, click the Free Shipping banner at the top and choose the cheapest item. You will get free shipping.

[quote name='greydt']I threw in a used blu-ray and noticed it took 10% off. Can anyone also confirm the same?[/QUOTE]

There's a thread in the DVDs forum ;D

[quote name='Squarehard']There's a thread in the DVDs forum ;D[/QUOTE]

Stupid me - I noticed 10 seconds later on the site and deleted my message. Damn, you're quick at the reply :D

[quote name='ssjmichael']Guys, Shipping is free if you buy 4.99 worth of Halloween stuff from the Trends section. Doesn't matter how many games you get (the more the better obviously). Pretty hot deal![/QUOTE]

Oh man, just tried this, and holy crap!

It works!

Nice find ;D!

[quote name='ssjmichael']Guys, Shipping is free if you buy 4.99 worth of Halloween stuff from the Trends section. Doesn't matter how many games you get (the more the better obviously). Pretty hot deal![/QUOTE]

Even better, I just added one item that was 2.99 (blood capsules, which I wanted anyway) and got Free Shipping

I went the cheap route, but here's what I got:

Bionic Commando (PS3): $3.72
Hellboy: The Science of Evil (PS3): $3.75
Sega Superstars Tennis (PS3): $4.75
Prince of Persia (PS3): $6.49
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee 2 (PSP): $3.72
Blood Capsules - $2.99

Total: $25.16 Shipped

now its not :(

i just added a tshirt for 4.99 and it didnt work.

[quote name='Squarehard']I wonder how long until they fix this glitch.[/QUOTE]

I'm not even sure if it is a glitch. Their wording makes it seem like you get Free Shipping on your whole order with a costume purchase. They could have worded it to say that it was for Costume purchases only. The Minimum 4.99 purchase also referred to the total overall purchase, not costume purchases which also shows that it's designed to apply to the whole order.

hastingsshipping.jpg

[quote name='david12795']now its not :(

i just added a tshirt for 4.99 and it didnt work.[/QUOTE]

Go to the Trends section, look for the banner that I just posted in the post above. Click it and choose from that selection. I should specify that it's costume related stuff, not just any Halloween merchandise.

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'm not even sure if it is a glitch. Their wording makes it seem like you get Free Shipping on your whole order with a costume purchase. They could have worded it to say that it was for Costume purchases only

hastingsshipping.jpg
[/QUOTE]

It probably is a glitch when you consider all you had to do was add $2.99, and the shipping became free.

I tried it too with a flashing pumpkin watch for $2.99 and it went through, even though it clearly states min purchase of $4.99.

So something is a glitch.

Plus, considering how Hastings' shipping works, this makes absolutely no sense to make all shipping free from multiple different stores.

The costumes all ship from the same place, so that's no problem to provide free shipping, which is why they do it for that.

[quote name='Squarehard']It probably is a glitch when you consider all you had to do was add $2.99, and the shipping became free.

I tried it too with a flashing pumpkin watch for $2.99 and it went through, even though it clearly states min purchase of $4.99.

So something is a glitch.

Plus, considering how Hastings' shipping works, this makes absolutely no sense to make all shipping free from multiple different stores.

The costumes all ship from the same place, so that's no problem to provide free shipping, which is why they do it for that.[/QUOTE]

No, I think the thing is, the " Min 4.99 Purchase" at the bottom may not be referring to the Costume purchase, it's referring to Your shopping cart total. So for example if I just got the blood capsules for 2.99 and something else for $1 it wouldn't qualify. That's the only way that min purchase wording makes sense.

I do agree that it sounds too good to be true, and thus likely a mistake, but I'm not 100% convinced.

Just tested and the 4.99 is indeed intended for the overall total, meaning it's likely not a glitch. Unless the glitch is that $4.99 wording was supposed to be for the costume purchases only.

Blood Capsules (2.99) + Children of Men DVD (.89) = 3.88 + $5.40 shipping = 9.28 shipped

Blood Capsules (2.99) + 3X Children of Men DVD ($2.67) = $5.66 + Free Shippng = $5.66 Shipped

you do indeed get free shipping when you throw in the blood capsules for $2.99 liike SSjmichael said---

castlevania lord of shadows-360
resident evil gold edition ps3
split/second-360
Blaz Blue continuum-ps3
blood capsules --priceless
$99.00 on the dot after USED25

I added a ton of cheap games, used code, and yes shipping was like $12+ so that would have killed the deal because the 25% off was basically the same. So I added $2.99 costume related and got free shipping. $2.99 shipping is acceptable, thanks alot!

Neato. Thanks OP/SSJ. Bought games I'd probably never buy at goHastings with standard shipping costs.

:wii: Zack & Wiki, Donkey Kong Jungle Beat, Pikmin, Tenchu
:360: Project Slypheed, Legends of Wrestlemania, F.E.A.R.
and some vampire fangs for $48.72

Tempted to buy some DVD's.

Alright bought 19 games for $147 ha ha ha. I figure I will sell some of them on craigslist if I dont like them couldn't pass up the prices!

Mass Effect 2
Fallout 3
Dante's Inferno
BioShock 2
Street Fighter IV
Bayonetta
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3
Prey
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent
Wolfenstein
The Darkness
Viva Pi ata
BioShock
Prince of Persia
Prototype
Enchanted Arms
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin
Lost Odyssey
Ninja Gaiden II

Was gonna get Battlefield bad company 2 but $20 wasn't a great deal...

bleh, I just get a random error:

Please review errors highlighted below in red.
We had a problem with processing your order. Please contact Guest Service at [email protected] or 877-427-8464.

Problem is, I'm color blind, and I don't see any red, and what am I goign to do if I call, tell them I don't know what the problem is anyays....

Tried a different CC as well, just in case, no go, are they wise to the free shipping trick now?

-=EDIT=-
NM, stupid, fatfingered a single # in my zip code, wish it would have actually told me the address was invalid or something.

[quote name='ssjmichael']Guys, Shipping is free if you buy a costume or costume-related stuff [/QUOTE]

Nice find!!! I just canceled my previous order for one game (Flatout) and then placed a new order with the promo and the costume thing ... Awesome :)

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
Red Dead Redemption
Army of Two: The 40th Day
Brutal Legend
Too Human
FlatOut: Ultimate Carnage
Dead or Alive 4

$100 order total... geez I've spent $160 this month on this one site lol. $200 on games total. I got to stop coming to CAG lol :)

If anyone is interested and can't find guides once they penny in their area, they have quite a few used guides(including Gears Of War LE last time I checked).

Some notable ones:

Just Cause 2(1 in stock)-$5.31 w/ discount
Dead Rising 2(1 in stock)-$7.39 w/ discount
Gears Of War LE(5 in stock)-$4.92 w/ discount

Shipping is like $3.45 for one guide, $4 and change for two and so on.

Got the following for a little over $50:

LoZ Spirit Tracks- ~$10
Lego IJ 2 PS3- ~$8
Demon Souls- ~$14
Warhawk + Headset - ~$10
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Hardcover Guide - ~$7

HELLLOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Nobody Paid attention to my post in the Buy 3 Get 1 for $1 thread!

SHIPPING IS FREE IF YOU PURCHASE $4.99+ in Halloween Costumes or accessories.
Go to Halloween Costumes Sorted by Price and add a $4.99 stocking or some things that add up to $4.99. Then add as many games to your order as you would like and SHIPPING IS FREE!!!!

Some might call this $5 flat shipping because the costume is useless, but better than $2.28 a game!!!!

It makes the cheap games very cheap because you aren't adding $2.28 to the price

ie. $4.96 * .75 = $3.72. (usually the price would be 3.72 + 2.28 = $6)

So everyone can stop complaining about the shipping costs and realize goHastings is the S-Woww Tittybangs!!!

bread's done
Back