GoHastings: 25% Off Used Games

Got my last 9th game, it was missing the manual :( oh well all games are in great condition and complete otherwise. Would order again in the future if it wasn't shipping cost per item. Rather pay $3~5 total in shipping instead of $12~15.

Posted this on Slickdeals but thought would share it here also:

Received 10 out of the 11 games i ordered from this sale... All the games in original case and manual included. Conditions of the cases varied, but games came in good condition ( no scratches at all).

I wanted to share my long term experience from GoHastings since i've ordered like 40+ games from over the past year since there seem to be many stories of people getting perfect condition games and others not.

Hopefully my experiences will help people decided to order from GoHastings or not and set some expectations on quality:

(*Disclaimer - Might not be everyones experience, but since I've made multiple orders from them I feel I have some idea of what to expect when I order at least)

Game Cases
  • Most of the cases i've received have come in acceptable/decent to excellent condition.
  • I have received some beat up cases too but that is the minority
  • Cases I think get beatup more during transit since they mailed it in a non padded mailer and USPS treatment.
  • Sometimes the cases have stickers or just residue from a sticker left on.. I suggest getting some GoGone and it cleans those right up
  • Never Received a game in just a sleeve or no case at all

Game Manuals
  • Most of the time I've gotten the manual but dont expect it all the time.
  • I would say expect manuals 90% of the time.
Game Disc Condition
  • Most of the disc's I've received had no major scratches to them
  • Some minor scratches which I though were acceptable and could be rubbed out with a nice cloth.
  • Received one game that would not play
  • Received one disc where it was cracked ( but this probably happened in transit and not already in this condtion)
Shipping Times:
  • Usually take 3-4 days to get to me always since I'm in CA
  • Usually never takes longer than that but I did have a blu ray movie once take almost two weeks to get to me but that was an exception I think.
  • Never not received a game that was mailed or lost in transit (knock on wood)
  • Each Game will always ship seperate since its coming from different stores
Returns / Customer Service
  • Returns were painless, always called and they provided return mailer with promise to send out refund/giftcard.
GoHastings has probably become my go to place to buy used games with Gamefly next and hopefully trying amazon warehouse now .. mostly older games now, but newer games never had issues with either.

Hopefully they keep having sales like these in the future...

got x-blades and condemned: 2 today, took 4 days (including today) to receive.

both disks are in excellent condition (honestly not even a finger smudge) and both include a case and cover art. unfortunately, condemned didnt come with a instruction manual, but other than that i couldnt be happier! 2 games for 16 bucks (including shipping)

I got the confirmation email that my :360: copy of Jurassic: the Hunted shipped. Sweet. It was just sold out a few days ago and I was surprised it came back in stock.

Ordered Just Cause 2 for PS3, came in two days in almost perfect condition, just a few smudges and an empty Blockbuster game sleeve.

I ordered Assasin's Creed LE and got Assassin's Creed 2. CS was very nice and already mailed replacement though. This is the first time this has happened so these guys have been generally great to deal with.

If only EyePet wasn't canceled...

I would say the Blu-ray movies are good but the games at times are meh. Most people do not take care of their PSP games. I ordered two games from them recently. One of games (Brave Story Traveler) was dirty while another game (Popolocrois) had sticky residue and some of the plastic casesheet had a few tiny holes around it, so a little irritating. However, Gohastings is a decent website (never been to the BM) so I know that they had some excellent sells in the past (Late 09/early 2010) so I believe that I have been able to get some fairly good games which although are used in good shape.

[quote name='Kazaganthi']Got my last 9th game, it was missing the manual :( oh well all games are in great condition and complete otherwise. Would order again in the future if it wasn't shipping cost per item. Rather pay $3~5 total in shipping instead of $12~15.[/QUOTE]
This has been covered multiple times already. If one store doesn't have everything from an order it's shipped from whichever one does. If they only charged a flat rate fee for shipping from multiple places, then some stores would lose money while others do not.

Received today:
(PS3) Red Faction: Guerrilla
(PS3) Killzone 2

Both came complete: Case, Cover Art, Manual, Disc
Both came with 1 small dent on the front of case
Both came with discs rattling around in the box (hold your breath moment)
Red Faction disc came in pristine condition (not a smudge or scratch to be seen)
Killzone 2 came with a few finger smudge marks

Overall impression of goHastings after my first transaction: 4/5
-Pros: Great prices, 2 games in almost perfect condition, all components included
-Cons: Cases a little weathered, shipped with rattling discs

Would I buy from them again: IN A HEARTBEAT :D

I've had a few bad games from them and have been screwed over a couple of times w/ the buy 2 get 1 for a $1 sale, but I just bought a wii fit bundle for $28 shipped. Eventually, they'll send one that works .... you can't find a better price at a garage sale.

I'm looking at my copy of FO3 for PS3 again. And I noticed a small maybe 1x1 square cut off the bottom of the cover art. Still a steal at $10 but something to look out for. Overall, I'm definitely happy with goHastings.

Hey guys, just found Force Unleashed 2 on there for the 360 in stock. With USED25 any CAG'ers can get it for $34.32 already. I know reviews weren't that hot but not bad pricing for a game that's been out for 5 days.

Hey my shipment just came in for both Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heroes and "Red Dead Redemption." The only problem is that "Red Dead Redemption" is 007 Quantum of Solace for the PS2. ...what?
I would understand if they confused it for the other Red Dead game...but Quantum of Solace. I tried calling customer service and they are closed...what should I do? I was happy at first cause it came earlier than I expected...but I never wanted Quantum of Solace. Does anyone have experience of getting totally the wrong item before from goHastings?
*edit* Just read bunch of posts before me, and it appears that goHastings has a good customer service reputation (can't say much for their shipping practices though). Hopefully, they will reply by Monday.
*edit* Just sent them an email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i ordered halo reach for my cousin and he got halo 3. I contacted them and they told me i could not return it for a refund or exchange. They said there is no way in telling if i got the wrong game or not. I got it sent to me cause i had other games in the order for myself. I am returning them all and calling my back for a refund. There CS seems to lie out of there teeth when there is a issue as well.

[quote name='Mr. Get Bonus']Noooo! Expired! Still being advertised on the site too. Must have just missed it.[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm happy b/c that means a buy 2 get 1 free sale is coming and that's a better deal usually ...

[quote name='Mr. Get Bonus']Noooo! Expired! Still being advertised on the site too. Must have just missed it.[/QUOTE]

Yeah and enslaved just finally came down a few bucks too. Is it really over and the ad's are wrong? Was a date listed somewhere?

[quote name='FNL 4EVA']Well i ordered halo reach for my cousin and he got halo 3. I contacted them and they told me i could not return it for a refund or exchange. They said there is no way in telling if i got the wrong game or not. I got it sent to me cause i had other games in the order for myself. I am returning them all and calling my back for a refund. There CS seems to lie out of there teeth when there is a issue as well.[/QUOTE]
Is this the norm for goHastings to deny exchanges? Now I'm getting worried...I don't want to be stuck with paying $33 for Quantum of Solace.

I was about to get the Watchmen (PS3 with Blu) for a $9.61 which I thought was a good price. Basically this sale for me was getting Blu-ray movies.

Well, 2 of my games have just been canceled even though it still shows they are instock online. This is the second order in a row they've canceled on me, and the previous order to those 2, of a wii fit bundle, they forgot to include the game. Did they offer any gift card to make up for their mess ups? Nope.

had to send two games back...one wii fit bundle - broken case and another wii game that was supposed to have a camera, and it wasnt included.

Very easy process to send it back.

bread's done
Back