GoHastings 30% Off All Used Video Games, Accessories, and Hardware 4/8-4/9

[quote name='caedeskhan']My DSI XL actually shipped! Can anybody report on the condition of used systems?[/QUOTE]

I don't have any firsthand experience since my order for a used DSi XL was cancelled by them, but I did ask them about this and the guy I talked to said their used systems were refurbs (rather than the type of garbage you typically see at GameStop....my words, not his).

I didn't ask if they were refurbed by GH or the original manufacturer, so they may still not be in great condition. Looking forward to hearing what you get in case I want to try ordering a used console from the in the future.

Got God of War III today. It came complete, but the disc is a little scratched up. I am sure it will play just fine though. Good deal all in all for $12

Got my order today.

Demon's Souls
Nier
Magna Carta 2

Magna Carta 2 came complete, looks new except for a minor scratch on the first disc.

No manual for Nier or Demon's Souls and Nier is scratched to shit. Going to have to do an install later and check if it will be a problem.

recieved Marvel vs Capcom 3 in the mail today, was complete and looked in excellent condition. got it for $30 - $15 credit (from DQIV screw up) = $15 so good deal =]

Received 5 of my 11 today. All were complete, only Morrowing GOTY had someone's name written on the disc in marker. Oh well, will test it tonight to make sure it still plays.

Just got my games.

Saboteur came in great shape. Complete. In fact, it came with an online code! I just put the code in and it worked. I was not expecting that. Not a scratch on the disc but there looks like there was some tape on the front of the disc. Case is in great condition. Very satisfied.

Just Cause was also in good condition. The plastic on the back of the case has two cuts in it. Instructions are fine, disc is pristine. Not a scratch on it. Case even has that new game smell.

I am definitely happy with my purchases.

I received 7 of the 8 games I ordered today. The last game has been shipped as well.

PS3(4) & DS(3) - All were perfect shape and complete.

[quote name='Abeja']Ordered my game on Friday. Havent gotten it or a shipping confirmation.[/QUOTE] lol i had the same issue but i got an email late tuesday.

[quote name='sweetchinmusic']lol i had the same issue but i got an email late tuesday.[/QUOTE]

They usually send a confirmation a day or two after they ship the item. I've gotten the items in before even getting shipping confirmations sometimes. o_O

[quote name='musha666']I got Dragon Age:Origins today, mint condition. GoHastings has yet to disappoint me.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I received my four items today!

Got one of the five games I ordered. FEAR didn't come with a manual and kinda dinged up. Guess can't complain for something that's under 10 bucks.

COD WAW showed up in great shape today. My other 3 games have been bouncing around Colorado for 3 days now. Maybe I will get them by freaking MAY!

Update:
18 games ordered
8 canceled
8 delivered
2 in transit

Some cases have a little wear, but all games are complete (and SMT: Persona is actually sealed!).

Compare to the 6 games I bought for Gamestop's B2G1, for which only 3 are complete, and all of them have those incredibly annoying stickers plastered in inconvenient areas (like the title).

Got 4 of the 5 games I ordered yesterday, they're all complete and in near mint condition. The other one is waiting for me to pick it up at the post office.

GoHastings haven't let me down yet!

Well, got my GH Warriors of Rock with guitar today. Guitar/receiver worked for about 2 minutes then crapped out. Hastings is paying for return shipping, crediting my account and giving me 30% off my next used game purchase...can't complain, I guess.

Probably should just use this thread, but gohastings is having another sale.

25% off used games using FBSPECIAL.

Oh, I should add this code is good until end of day on Saturday.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jello44']Probably should just use this thread, but gohastings is having another sale.

25% off used games using FBSPECIAL.[/QUOTE]

Thanks Jello, picked up a couple of cheapies.

Received the two games I ordered Saturday, both are in like new condition. Except one of the discs has one of their stickers around the center ring, but that's not a big deal.

I would've had my games arrive today, except there was a problem with the address (USPS felt that the address was incomplete for some reason) and they were returned to goHastings. I sent them an email and they responded within 20 minutes. Very happy with goHastings, not so happy with USPS.

Update:
15 Ordered
2 Canceled
12 Received
1 Transit
10 Mint condition with manual w/ no scratches, the other one didn't come with manual disc were beat but they installed fine, and one was defective. Overall im pretty satisfy with gohastings this would be the 3~4th time ordering from them.

Received 2 of my 10 came today. As usual perfect condition. I love these gohastings deals, by far the best deals (for me).

[quote name='jello44']Probably should just use this thread, but gohastings is having another sale.

25% off used games using FBSPECIAL.

Oh, I should add this code is good until end of day on Saturday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man got killzone 3 for $34 and change

I always find it funny that whenever I get a game from them, the disc and manual are in perfect shape but the case (or sleeves if the games have sleeves, like BioShock 2) is always beaten to a bloody pulp.

Man you guys are lucky, 7 out of the 12 games Ive received so far have either torn box art or missing manuals. I think Im finally done with gohastings outside of a rare game here and there.

[quote name='edson13']Man you guys are lucky, 7 out of the 12 games Ive received so far have either torn box art or missing manuals. I think Im finally done with gohastings outside of a rare game here and there.[/QUOTE]

I think ordering rare games leads a lower chance of good results lol just saying

[quote name='gotdott']I think ordering rare games leads a lower chance of good results lol just saying[/QUOTE]

never gotten a rare game, tend to only get newer releases.. just crap luck with them I guess.

Got EA MMA in yesterday. Not entirely sure what's used about it other than the fact that it's open. Disc is flawless, manual looks unopened, and the online pass wasn't used. Easily my best GH purchase.

oh crap i just checked usps site and there was apparently a delivery done today, but there was nothing on my mail box or porch, wtf ...... i really wanted to play that game (it was alpha protocol) gonna have to give them a call...:(

Got forza 3 U.C.

After installing the 2nd disc I can only choose 5 upgraded cars.

Are all the bonus car kits available to play online only or am I suppose to be able use them during the season mode?

Got my other two games today. Bully is in pretty good condition and complete. Ninja Gaiden II is complete, but the disc looks rough. I'll have to give it a spin tomorrow to check it out

[quote name='aznhero913']Got forza 3 U.C.

After installing the 2nd disc I can only choose 5 upgraded cars.

Are all the bonus car kits available to play online only or am I suppose to be able use them during the season mode?[/QUOTE]

When it was DLC, they gave you one car for free from each pack, the rest had to be purchased with in-game credits.

Is their customer service usually slow? I was triple-charged for an item and wrote to them the next day. The response e-mail said they'd get back to me within 48 hours, but it's been almost a week and I've heard nothing.

[quote name='Zbornak']Is their customer service usually slow? I was triple-charged for an item and wrote to them the next day. The response e-mail said they'd get back to me within 48 hours, but it's been almost a week and I've heard nothing.[/QUOTE]

My limited experiences is that their service is slow but fairly helpful.

At a week with no contact though I'd dispute the card charges, that's totally unacceptable.

[quote name='Zbornak']Is their customer service usually slow? I was triple-charged for an item and wrote to them the next day. The response e-mail said they'd get back to me within 48 hours, but it's been almost a week and I've heard nothing.[/QUOTE]
I'd call first they've been pretty helpful to me the couple times I've done that. If that doesnt get results then yeah I'd dispute the charges.

I had to call customer service this morning. I was connected within 5 minutes and she was extremely helpful. We'll see how quickly they process my refund, though.

Calling gets your problem addressed on the spot most of the time. Their email support is very slow.

No, it should definitely not take that long to respond. Please send me your order number and I will look at what happened. Also, if you have the ticket number that would have been in the email telling you we would respond in 48 hours, send me that.

Sorry, but it sounds like your call dropped through the cracks. I would like to know how.

John

my 3 games arrived today, perfect condition and all w/ original cases and manuals (except the manual for KH1) the KHII had the registration card from '06 also still and looks brand new! my GOW III game has a small scratch (3cm) on the front that you can see from the bottom' I think there shouldn't be a problem running it thought. As always for me, goHastings delivers better than the rest on price and quality of used games!

Received my four games and all were complete with manuals. One case was cracked, which I replaced with a empty case that I had. All games work fine.

Gears 2 c.e. came today. Kinda disappointed with its condition. Box was beatn up, center plastic of disc was chipped, and manual had pages ripped. On the flip side my forza 3 came in really good shape. Always a crap shoot w/ hastings. Only reason i will continue purchasing from them is b/c their customer support is always on top of fixing any issues(knock on wood).

bread's done
Back