goHastings B2G1 ($1) for used games

Status
Not open for further replies.

tossin

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Surprised I didn't see this up yet (or maybe I missed it), so here it is: goHastings.com is having yet another B2G1 for $1 sale.

http://www.gohastings.com/browse/GAME/Ns/p_rank/Ne/2455/N/2459+4294941222/departmentName/GAME.uts

It's a tough decision because you never know what Amazon will come up with, but I went through with a deal anyway. Just bought :ps3: Assassin's Creed II, :ps3: Demon's Souls, and :360: Dragon Age: Origins for $103.45 or about $34.5/game. For more info, here's the previous thread for last month's B2G1 deal, which has a mini-FAQ:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236728

They also have a code for 10% off new PS3 or 360 games, but they probably can't beat Amazon in that regard.

[quote name='tossin']Surprised I didn't see this up yet (or maybe I missed it), so here it is: goHastings.com is having yet another B2G1 for $1 sale.

http://www.gohastings.com/browse/GAME/Ns/p_rank/Ne/2455/N/2459+4294941222/departmentName/GAME.uts

It's a tough decision because you never know what Amazon will come up with, but I went through with a deal anyway. Just bought :ps3: Assassin's Creed II, :ps3: Demon's Souls, and :360: Dragon Age: Origins for $103.45 or about $34.5/game. For more info, here's the previous thread for last month's B2G1 deal, which has a mini-FAQ:

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=236728

They also have a code for 10% off new PS3 or 360 games, but they probably can't beat Amazon in that regard.[/QUOTE]

Do most of there used games come with cases? Also is there a free shipping coupon or anything?

[quote name='Chris249942']Do most of there used games come with cases? Also is there a free shipping coupon or anything?[/QUOTE]

Every game I've purchased has come with a case, probably 95% of them had the instruction manual as well. (But I've only bought 360 games, not sure about previous generation console games)

Think there used to be a $5 off coupon for subscribing to their newsletter, not sure if that's still around, haven't bought anything from them recently.

[quote name='nekromantix']Every game I've purchased has come with a case, probably 95% of them had the instruction manual as well. (But I've only bought 360 games, not sure about previous generation console games)

Think there used to be a $5 off coupon for subscribing to their newsletter, not sure if that's still around, haven't bought anything from them recently.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, was debating on buying MW2, Uncharted 2, and Ratchet & Clank. Not sure if its better to wait till wednesday and buy it at GS or buy it from them. Overall its about $8 cheaper at GS but not having to drive to a far away one to grab MW2 would be nice. If anyone knows what this coupon code is if it still exists that would be great (tried googling, and none of the ones i found would work)

got this in an email earlier today and decided to jump on gohastings.com for the buy 2 get 1 ($1), instead of dealing with GameStop on BF.

Three games (including Assassin's Creed II) for $104 shipped.

[quote name='IronSerif']got this in an email earlier today and decided to jump on gohastings.com for the buy 2 get 1 ($1), instead of dealing with GameStop on BF.

Three games (including Assassin's Creed II) for $104 shipped.[/QUOTE]

But its starting on Wednesday at GS. Don't have to deal with BF crowd :D

Id jump on this, but holding back since it doesn't say if it'll come with manual and case. In regards to ps2 games. Looking to add to my collection.

And whats the difference between used and previously viewed?

[quote name='Irohazaka']Id jump on this, but holding back since it doesn't say if it'll come with manual and case. In regards to ps2 games. Looking to add to my collection.[/QUOTE]

For older generation games, it varies. I've had great luck with all their DS games. All have been complete with original case and manual. But I have had many posts in the previous hastings thread that the older generation games came in generic cases sometimes and were missing the manuals.

About "complete" games, my personal experience has been fine. Last month, I bought 6 games (3 :ds:, 1 :wii:, 1 :360:, 1 :ps3:) and received all games in good to like new condition with instruction manuals and original cases. However, goHastings does not guarantee completeness. I suspect the older the game is (especially last-gen games), the less likely you're going to get a complete game, but I have no idea what the percentages are. With B2G1, the prices at goHastings are pretty cheap, but if you're worried about completeness, I'd stick with eBay or the Amazon Marketplace.

Additionally, I would take this deal over Gamestop, online or in stores. For one thing, it's completely online, while Gamestop.com is incredibly lame in limiting what's available, especially for used games. Also, goHastings.com is a relatively small chain, so there's a higher likelihood that you won't be taxed and shipping is reasonable ($5 for 3 games: $2 per order, $1 per game). I live in CA now, which has a near 10% sales tax rate, so it's matters. Lastly, for most games, goHastings seems to trump Gamestop in terms of price.

[quote name='Irohazaka']Id jump on this, but holding back since it doesn't say if it'll come with manual and case. In regards to ps2 games. Looking to add to my collection.

And whats the difference between used and previously viewed?[/QUOTE]

"Previously viewed" games are rentals. "Used" are pre-owned.

I'm not sure whether one is better than the other since the prices are usually the same, but I usually stick with "used." I don't know if rental games are required to have original cases and instruction manuals, in which case they'd have better chance of being complete. However, even if that's the case, rentals are also more likely to see more travel and thus, more wear, so the games might be in worse condition. Then again, a rental can also be just opened, in which case the game could be perfectly new. Again, I usually just stick with "used."

[quote name='Squarehard']But its starting on Wednesday at GS. Don't have to deal with BF crowd :D[/QUote]

Very true, but we will be out of town in Western MD starting tomorrow, and I believe there is only 1 Gamestop within a 60 mile radius of the in-laws, and they don't have 2 out of 3 games I want lol!

OMG, you're a bad person. I can't spend money right now. But I have a wish list a mile long and if I drop $50 I could chip a couple titles off of that. Argh!

What kind of condition are GoHastings games unusually in? You mentioned most of the next-gen titles you received were complete but how was the condition of the box/manual/artwork/disc?

[quote name='tossin']"Previously viewed" games are rentals. "Used" are pre-owned.

I'm not sure whether one is better than the other since the prices are usually the same, but I usually stick with "used." I don't know if rental games are required to have original cases and instruction manuals, in which case they'd have better chance of being complete. However, even if that's the case, rentals are also more likely to see more travel and thus, more wear, so the games might be in worse condition. Then again, a rental can also be just opened, in which case the game could be perfectly new. Again, I usually just stick with "used."[/QUOTE]

Unfortunately with all of the previous Hastings sale, all of these things you are saying about the quality vary way too much with every person. I would say about 50% of the people who do these sales come out with complete games, and the other come out with just awful quality games. I am normally always the one posting these deals in the past, but in all 3 of the threads, it just spans on page after page of people getting poor quality games and some people have absolutely no problem (myself included). So its all good and done to give a full description on the quality, but its better just to let everyone know what has happened in the past with everyone else instead of just your own personal experience. Like I said, I have no problem with them, but many do apparently T___T

[quote name='IronSerif']Very true, but we will be out of town in Western MD starting tomorrow, and I believe there is only 1 Gamestop within a 60 mile radius of the in-laws, and they don't have 2 out of 3 games I want lol![/QUOTE]

doh!

Does anyone know exactly when this sale ends? (I think) it's tomorrow, but I don't know what time. My order won't process...
(We had a problem with processing your order. Please contact Guest Service at [email protected] or 877-427-8464.) I'm going to try again tomorrow after I call them, hopefully before the deal ends.

[quote name='neudog']The sale converts from Buy 2 Get 1 for $1 to Buy 2 Get 1 for $.01 for Thanksgiving ad[/QUOTE]

That's $0.99 better of a deal! Woot! :bouncy::bouncy::bouncy:

[quote name='Squarehard']Unfortunately with all of the previous Hastings sale, all of these things you are saying about the quality vary way too much with every person. I would say about 50% of the people who do these sales come out with complete games, and the other come out with just awful quality games. I am normally always the one posting these deals in the past, but in all 3 of the threads, it just spans on page after page of people getting poor quality games and some people have absolutely no problem (myself included). So its all good and done to give a full description on the quality, but its better just to let everyone know what has happened in the past with everyone else instead of just your own personal experience. Like I said, I have no problem with them, but many do apparently T___T
[/QUOTE]

Maybe we should try compiling a tally from the past couple threads to get a good sense of the success (or failure) rate.

+ I bought 6 games, all current-gen (including DS) and all complete and good condition

From the last thread:

Related to the condition of used games:
- addicted2games - scratched, incomplete older PS2 games
+ dcm1602 - older ps3 games, like new condition
+ bvharris - older ps2 games in near-perfect condition
+ yokissmybass - immaculate blu-rays
- bruceg - kept less than 1/2 last-gen games; few were incomplete, but many were heavily scratched
+ bvharris - 3 PS2 games in good condition
+ kaskd - ordered 3 games, received 2 in good condition but never received 3rd
+ Squarehard - 18 DS games, all complete and good condition
- Bhhawks78 - 2 games in generic cases/no manuals and terrible/unplayable condition
+ fyrflash1969 - 2 current-gen games in complete, good condition
+ xycury - All DS were complete. 1 of 9 PSP games came without a manual but had original casing.
+ aeri - 2 PS2, 1 PSP game in complete condition, though cases were less than ideal.
+ ryemm - 6 games, 5 mint and 1 near-mint.

Also, posted by The Lone Pig: "I have had more luck with used games coming complete over pre-played. They're usually cheaper too for some reason."

Related to goHastings' customer service:
- sadikyo - problem with shipping and getting over 10 "new" games as used
- cheapndirty - similar problem
- tomfool - received an audio CD instead of a PS3 game; sent back CD but item never arrived and goHastings refuses to send him the game
- kaskd - ordered 3 games, received 2 in good condition but never received 3rd
- freshzen - canceled order
- rickshankshaw - canceled order
- michael90002002 - one game came 3 weeks later and wasn't even the correct one

The sample size is fairly small and is by no means conclusive nor is it comprehensive, but so far it seems most people have had no problems. The complaints people had had less to do with the condition of games and more with bad orders and customer service. Also, keep in mind that people who got the wrong end of the stick tend to be more vocal than people who got what they want (which is the expectation).

Previously bought 2 used ps3 games during a 30% off sale and received both games in a reasonable time and in excellent condition (no scratches, case and manual).

In again with this sale for modern warfare 2, uncharted 2, and little big planet GOTY.

Customer service actually called to confirm the order/address since it was my first order with them over $100 which was nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP! Allowed me to sleep in and not have to worry about running to the numerous gamestops in my town (theres 4 can you believe it1?!).

Ended up dropping 159.44 on this sale and seemed liked a good deal to me. Any input on if these woulda been less at gamestop?

Uncharted 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Fallout 3: Game of The Year
Left 4 Dead: Game of the Year
Oblivion: Game of the Year
GTA IV

[quote name='Steggy']Thanks OP! Allowed me to sleep in and not have to worry about running to the numerous gamestops in my town (theres 4 can you believe it1?!).

Ended up dropping 159.44 on this sale and seemed liked a good deal to me. Any input on if these woulda been less at gamestop?

Uncharted 2
Left 4 Dead 2
Fallout 3: Game of The Year
Left 4 Dead: Game of the Year
Oblivion: Game of the Year
GTA IV[/QUOTE]

Just gonna go out on a limb and say no they wouldn't have. Uncharted 2 is around $48 and probably $55 at gamestop. I am sure the rest are cheaper too. Well unless gamestop stopped following the barely cheaper used games policy....

Anyway i got 3 BluRays and 3 games

Watchmen
The Dark Knight
Underworld - Rise of the Lycans

Xmen Legends 2
Dragon Quest (forgot the number.... i'm guessing 8)
Final Fantasy 10-2

It came to $43.91. A little over 7 bucks for each item... not too bad. Better than last sale they had where i got 7 items for a little over 70 bucks.

I dont get it... called in and they asked for my name... no order number or anything. Asked what I ordered... said two orders with three games each and she said thanks will take the hold off right away. What did this actually accomplish?

[quote name='Steggy']Thanks OP! Allowed me to sleep in and not have to worry about running to the numerous gamestops in my town (theres 4 can you believe it1?!).[/QUOTE]

I second that. I've got three Gamestops locally, and I didn't really relish the idea of visiting any of them this week. I certainly wouldn't have been able to find Uncharted 2, Assassin's Creed 2, and Dragon Age all at the same store. This saves a lot of stress and legwork (other than the stress of wondering how it'll turn out, ordering used games from a website I've never bought from before...but people seem to have had good luck with current-gen games, so...)

Also thanks to those who mentioned the phone calls. I had my phone turned off today, and found a voicemail from Hastings when I turned it on just now. I called the number, gave them my name, and verified my shipping address for the lady on the other end of the line, and that was the end of it... hopefully this doesn't delay shipping too much.

Thank you for posting this deal. I would have never known about goHastings otherwise.

Here are the pluses and minuses for gohastings over Gamestop

+ Prices are lower about 90% of the time on used games
+ No tax in California (10% discount for me)
+ Much larger used game selection
- No free shipping (about $1 per game)

Things I do not know is the condition of the games. I will have to wait and see. Here is what I ordered:

Order #1

Lost Odyssey Used - Xbox 360 $21.37
Eternal Sonata Used - Xbox 360 $18.99 (NA at Gamestop)
Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Used - PlayStation 2 $17.04 (NA at Gamestop)
Guitar Hero II Bundle Used - Xbox 360 $34.19 (wireless guitar)
Culdcept Saga Used - Xbox 360 $1.00
Infinite Undiscovery Used - Xbox 360 $1.00
--------------------------------------------------
$101.58

The shipping was $7.99.

Order #2

Castlevania: Curse of Darkness Used - Xbox $3.80
Castlevania: Lament of Innocence Used - PlayStation 2 $5.44
Dragon Quest VIII: Journey of the Cursed King Used - PlayStation 2 $4.75
Devil May Cry 2 Used - PlayStation 2 $1.00
Devil May Cry 3: Dante's Awakening Used - PlayStation 2 $3.80
Wrath Unleashed Used - Xbox $1.00
Demon Stone Used - Xbox $3.80
Kingdom Under Fire: The Crusaders Used - Xbox $1.00
Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes Used - Xbox $4.94
--------------------------------------------------
$40.52

The shipping was $10.99.

Yea I wated a long time to get some of these old games but I did get a great deal. Total of 15 games for under $150 & several of them are moderatly hard to find because gamestop doesnt have them reliably (and gas is no longer cheap nor is tax). All that is left now is to see the condition when they get here. I will post about that topic once they arrive.

I agree on how the shipping can hurt, but the fact that they have Watchmen for $10 on BluRay amazes me. I haven't spent more than $7 (average) for any BluRay movie thus far because of GoHastings and it makes me happy.

I haven't seen this anywhere else on the forum, but this deal is back up for this week (2/15/10). I just scored Dragon Age, Brutal Legend, and Assassins Creed for $68.XX, shipped.

[quote name='Tronny']I haven't seen this anywhere else on the forum, but this deal is back up for this week (2/15/10). I just scored Dragon Age, Brutal Legend, and Assassins Creed for $68.XX, shipped.[/QUOTE]

Uhh...what about the big ass thread right here?

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251493

Try searching next time. At least you didn't create a new topic, but you confused the shit out of me bumping one of the oldest ones.

I don't know why this is the only thread I could find but it is....

I just ordered B2G1! Tell me what you all think.

Batman Arkham Asylum (Game of the Year) - $27.14
Always wanted this game and looks like a good price to get it for.

Miscellaneous - $27.14
I'm trading this game to amazon for $25.25; otherwise, there was nothing else for me to get.

Monopoly Streets - $1

$62.12 total. I'm hopefully going to trade the one misc. game to amazon for $25.25 gift card and add the credit to my $100.25. (Maybe order Black Ops or some other games with the credit)

Also, are the chances good that I'll get a complete used copy that I can trade right to amazon or are there chances it won't be accepted? How long will it take my games to arrive, will they ship Saturday or Monday?

It's like $37 for those two games after amazon credit. Not sure if there would've been a better deal to get the two of those..

[quote name='handisnacks']Please don't necro old threads to ask retarded questions. Thanks.[/QUOTE]
First, the deal is still active you moron and people can find some good deals. It was either this or I create a new thread.
Second, there's no such thing as a retarded question.
Third, I'd like to know some opinions on my purchase and from people who have experience ordering from gohastings.

And who are you anyway? Nobody so stfu. Leave now :D

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']

And who are you anyway? Nobody so stfu. Leave now :D[/QUOTE]

And who are you anyway? Nobody so Star Wars The Force Unleashed.Leave now:D.

for those of you who don't know what stfu is.

[quote name='youenvy']And who are you anyway? Nobody so Star Wars The Force Unleashed.Leave now:D.

for those of you who don't know what stfu is.[/QUOTE]
Actually, I'm SMITTYBLAZE a well known and longtime CAG member. Right now I'm a forum member asking some questions and opinions from other members. You two are the nobodies coming in here and contributing nothing.

So, why don't the two of you just go fuck yourselves.

Actually, i'm YOUENVY a not so well known and not so longtime CAG member. Right now I'm a forum member making comments and opinions of other members. You are the nobody coming in here and contributing nothing.

So, why don't you just go fuck yourself.

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']Really, just stop posting you dumb punk. Send me a pm if you want to talk about it like a man.[/QUOTE]

my first comment was about stfu-wasn't really about you-for some reason when i saw it i thought of the star wars game. so i don't know why you got so mad

now the 2nd post i just basically copied and pasted what you said so you could see how douchey a post like that sounds.

3 if i send you a pm it doesn't prove anything-we'll both just be very childish arguing in pm's.

in all honesty i don't want to be the bad guy-
just relax a little smitty and if i offended you my bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh.. I guess I can be sorry then too. I didn't know you were just translating my post..though I wasn't referring to the Star Wars game. It's messed up the way different people interpret different things, you say one thing with no bad intentions and you can start a war. My bad

Anyway, I'm still interested in what people think..
$62 for Batman AA GOTY, Monopoly Streets, and $25 in amazon credit.
And when is the most likely day for them to come if I ordered at about 3pm?

Thanks

[quote name='SMITTYBLAZE']First, the deal is still active you moron and people can find some good deals. It was either this or I create a new thread.[/QUOTE]
No it's not. It's over.

EDIT: Sorry apparently it ends tomorrow, 11/20, I thought it ended yesterday or today.
The thread you are looking for is here: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=278772

Second, there's no such thing as a retarded question.
Perhaps, but there certainly are retarded people, of which you are one.

Third, I'd like to know some opinions on my purchase and from people who have experience ordering from gohastings.
That does not belong in a discussion in the "deals" section.

And who are you anyway? Nobody so stfu. Leave now :D
This does not matter.

Don't necro year old threads. Please remove this thread mods.

[quote name='Interfeci']If it's a year old, you're allowed to post again.[/QUOTE]
Thank you. I think it hasn't been closed for a reason. The search function needs some work to it so I can find the newer threads.

And how is this moron a few posts back going to call anyone retarded when he's in here not even knowing what he's talking about. Deal is still active you lame. :bomb:

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back